Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 114

Author Topic: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: Pretty Kitty Simulator  (Read 217306 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars
« Reply #390 on: October 26, 2017, 03:21:30 pm »

"Hey Sarge, look, I'm like Rifles McGee, our old quartermaster!" Abu said, cradeling a dozen guns, their ammo and some knives and uniforms. The muscle cramps from hauling all that shit around didn't even bother him, he felt like a kid holding up a candy store.

"Outstanding marine. McGee would cuss you out for touching weapons you don't deserve, but you know that deep down in his crusty, crotchety old heart he'd be damn proud you learned the art of liberating assests as well as you did. Because if there's one group of people who deserve to touch weapons less than marine recruits, it's gotta be the commies."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: Room for 1 more gang!
« Reply #391 on: October 27, 2017, 07:22:09 am »

considering making a gang and Char
you should either join our gang, or make sure you recruit some freinds to join your gang. You don't want to start a gang solo, probably. I mean, you can, but you probably don't want to.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #392 on: October 27, 2017, 10:33:34 am »

Look around at the loot we now have. Salvage some wood from the third floor and repair the catwalk. Treat my chest wound. Level up Dexterity.

Spoiler: character (click to show/hide)
You break down most of the extra wooden crap around here and use it to repair the third level. You also drag all the corpses out and lay them outside the gate. Just to keep things a bit less disgusting.

Spoiler: R&R Talking (click to show/hide)

Piecewise! First things first, we're leaving six rifles and 36 bullets with the slaves, for home defense.  The other six rifles and twelve bullets come with us, along with all the knives.  I'm pretty sure I know what hex we're attacking next, but I want to ask a couple more questions first.

First, if we don't actually use a hex's word, do we get to keep it as a nonmagical resource?  Like, not using LightSource, and just getting a stockpile of ten lamps?  I recall you saying that we could trade nonmagical resources with NPCs, at the cost of not getting the related word.  Before you answer, the obvious exploit here is just leaving "Iron", and then carrying ten iron ingots into battle and enchanting them into whatever we need, without failure chance.

Second, does trading with NPCs take up any time, or can we do it  without wasting any time?  If it's free, I want to see if we can trade "Heavy", and/or "Pickaxe" for a set of six feathery raven-themed gang uniforms.  Throw in the overseer outfits if that'll help, and maaaybe "Diamond" if absolutely necessary.

Third, can we trade gang words with another gang, directly giving them "Repair", in exchange for "Black Biometal"?  Without murdering anyone, attacking their hex directly, or spending a mission on it?  (Rauth, hint hint).

Levelup pending answers and talking from the last two gang members.

Spoiler: Corven Feathra (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Roncal-Thol Rotheleaod (click to show/hide)
Ok, let me make a note of that.

You can trade WORDS for other things, but no, having the word for lightsource isn't the same as having 10 lamps.

We'll say you can do it between conquests without wasting any more time than it actually takes you to do via posts.  I'll say that Heavy and Pickax would be worth raven themed uniforms but they're more like black clothing, a white beak mask and a big fringe of black feathers up around your shoulders rather than a big cape of feathers. Not quite as nice but if you throw in diamond we can get something more like your desired outfit.

If you both agree to it, yes. But keep in mind that when you trade starting words, you lose that starting word, or rather it gets replaced by the other starting word. Ie you would forever more have black biometal instead of repair as your respawning base word.

While the brand-new Raven's Roughnecks uniforms are being traded, sewn and fit, I'd like to go out and ask people about the Unreal. Maybe make a quick scouting trip to its edges. What is it? What used to be there? Is it dangerous? How is it dangerous? How and where can one enter it? And so on.

Level-up: Intelligence to d8!

The Unreal is whats left of southtown, where most of the middle class population lived. Something happened over there; there's no direct witnesses but there are a lot of rumors, most having to do with the king and a mass sacrifice.  It is a seething wound in reality filled with all manner of horrible and fantastic things. It was hastily walled in to prevent things from flooding into the city and is now patrolled and explored by a group known as "Dreamers" who go in and extract rare magics and items for profit. They tend to have a short life span.

When you have your next location to conquer, you can either pm me or just tell me here. Keep in mind that I'll need to build up a map so sooner rather than later is best if you don't wanna sit around.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #393 on: October 27, 2017, 10:52:51 am »

By the way, Here's the map

By the way, the SA icon was borked so I improvised a replacement. If ya don't like it, let me know and we'll work out a replacement.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: October 27, 2017, 12:51:39 pm »

RR's going to attack (10,14), the entrance to The Unreal.  I could keep that secret, but it'd be fairly obvious, especially once the flag is placed.

As for the uniforms, if we throw in Diamond, can we have them actually provide some armor as well?  I'm not expecting platemail to be woven in, but if we're spending diamond on our uniforms, they better have some utility.  Fits with Bloodborne, anyway, since the Crowfeather set has better physical resistances than most armors in the game.

If we can't have actual armor built-in, just take the low quality uniforms.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: October 27, 2017, 01:53:46 pm »

The Roncol logo looks oddly recolored on the map.
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #396 on: October 27, 2017, 09:13:47 pm »

The Roncol logo looks oddly recolored on the map.
Fixed it https://i.imgur.com/rHA5TDX.png

RR's going to attack (10,14), the entrance to The Unreal.  I could keep that secret, but it'd be fairly obvious, especially once the flag is placed.

As for the uniforms, if we throw in Diamond, can we have them actually provide some armor as well?  I'm not expecting platemail to be woven in, but if we're spending diamond on our uniforms, they better have some utility.  Fits with Bloodborne, anyway, since the Crowfeather set has better physical resistances than most armors in the game.

If we can't have actual armor built-in, just take the low quality uniforms.

For diamond you can get some thick leather and some iron plates sewn in on the shoulders, back and chest as well as the feather cloak. Diamond is valuable.

I'll get that map up and ready by...tomorrow most likely.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: October 27, 2017, 09:26:09 pm »

Would it theoretically be possible to build an elevator or something to get over the wall to the west of our current base, getting directly into the military sector?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #398 on: October 27, 2017, 09:34:52 pm »

Would it theoretically be possible to build an elevator or something to get over the wall to the west of our current base, getting directly into the military sector?
No.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: October 27, 2017, 09:42:51 pm »

Why not.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #400 on: October 27, 2017, 10:26:48 pm »

Why not.
Because it undermines the entire purpose of the gates and if the other team did it after Sy took the gate to the unreal he'd scream bloody murder.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: October 27, 2017, 11:19:50 pm »

The walls are held in place by the power of the Chalice itself.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: October 27, 2017, 11:33:35 pm »

are they infinitely tall

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: October 28, 2017, 12:31:06 am »

((I'll be able to post tomorrow, sorry for any delay this causes. Ozarck and Dev have a good idea of what I'm doing, so if they agree on something they can submit an action for me.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: October 28, 2017, 12:59:09 am »

imma PM PW our group action, cc dev and rauth.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 114