Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]

Author Topic: OPERATION MARKET STORM: TURN 7, Mission 1: Ich gebe auf! (6/5)  (Read 16501 times)

Questorhank

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll find something to put here... eventually
    • View Profile
Re: OPERATION MARKET STORM: TURN 5, Mission 1: Orcs under fire! (6/5)
« Reply #150 on: February 22, 2018, 09:09:45 pm »

Reload. Move into the house, use the Webley (all 6 rounds) and knife to kill anyone I see, starting with the Squad Leader that shot me.
RTD Graveyard
Many people have gone missing or died.
I don't remember their names.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
Re: OPERATION MARKET STORM: TURN 6, Mission 1: Got stabbed (6/5)
« Reply #151 on: February 26, 2018, 02:44:06 am »

Turn 6: Mission 1

(Gothia receives 1.5x damage this turn!)

Zehn squeezes the trigger, unloading on the remaining north window rifleman. (20->12 hits, -3 cover -> 9 damage)(+29 fire superiority). The long burst cuts the wooden bits of the window and the rifleman within to pieces. Satisfied with the results, Zehn leaves his northwest position amongst the trees and sprints to the west side of the building while wrestling a new drum unto his Vickers machinegun. The door at the floor level is still unopened, Hans and Philip entered through the window.

To the deafening clamor of Zehn’s shooting into the room to their left, Hans pulls Philip through the window and then together they race to the eastern section of the building. Opening a door, they are greeted with a hallway spanning south and north.
Spoiler: second floor map (click to show/hide)

Madeline, spotting the new threat, the three new enemies, opens up on the machinegunner with a steady stream of aimed fire. (10 -> 9 hits, - 3 cover -> 7 damage) (Yeah! that’s how you make rifles work, hopefully I can patch the shitty conservative fire performance soon)(+19 fire superiority) The machinegunner is hit squarely in the head and falls face first onto the exploded remains littering the 1st floor southeastern room. (extra damage transferred to second target) His grenadier ally is hit in the arm and ducks back into cover behind the wall.

Jim pulls the barrel of his Webley down, ejecting spent the spent brass and mates the empty chamber with the bulleted end of a speed loader. Then, to the comforting tune of Madeline’s supporting fire, he barrels towards the west windows of the 1st story building. He yanks his knife out of his scabbard and with his other hand empties his Webley on the squad leader. (6->4  hits, you are at the window so he cannot claim cover -> 4 damage)(+9 fire superiority) The squad leader recoils under the high caliber fire and stumbles back. Unsatisfied, Jim vaults through the broken window and thrusts his knife into the gothic foe (3->2 hits, 2 damage)(+5 fire superiority) Jim stabs the squad leader in the gut, killing him. The squad leader falls backward dropping his MP-40 machine pistol. That was quite the rush.

Krilage, loads another HE rocket into his M1A1 launcher and creeps northeast, getting a good look at the east flank of the building. (You are about one quarter up the map and slightly off map in the woods, Madeline is off map too, south of you). You spot the grenadier that survived your rocket into the 2nd story windows, but you can’t see the grenadier in the 1st floor southern, main entrance hallway that was shot by Madeline this turn.

The enemy grenadier in the main entrance hallway, privy to Jim’s arrival into the building, tosses two gothic stick grenades into the room with Jim. (6-> 6 hits!, -2 armor -> 6 damage)(6 -> 1 hit, -2 armor -> 0 damage)(6 fire superiority). Jim drops to the ground and hastily throws his arms in front of his face, the first grenade explodes, peppering the unarmored parts of Jim’s body with metal bits. The second one goes off but its seems to have been displaced by the first and causes no noticeable damage to Jim.

The 2nd story grenadier throws two grenades at Krilage! (6->1, -2 cover -> 0 damage)(6->2, -2 cover -> 0 damage) (2 fire superiority). The grenades scatter off into the forest and explode harmlessly.

Recap: The gothic normal enemies have been disposed of with the exception of two wounded grenadiers, one on the southeast corner of the 2nd story and the other in the 1st floor main entrance hallway. The 10 noncombatants, 4 specials and 3 enemy officers have yet to be found. Perhaps they are guarding (or destroying) the intel?

((your health will reset when you kill the the last two normal enemies, and then you can loot and begin the search for the intel, communication devices and remaining enemies))

Philip and Hans’ are a the west 2nd story entrance of the eastern section of the building. Madeline and Krilage are off map near the south eastern patch of trees. Jim is in the 1st floor west corner room of the east building section and Zehn is at the west wall of the west section of the building.

(Turn Fire Superiority totals: 62 (Commandos) vs 8 ( The Commandos have taken control of the situation and hold the 1.5 damage multiplier!)

Spoiler: Rules summary (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Enemy compound: (click to show/hide)

Enemy health total: 67, Enemy head count: 2 regular types, 4 special types, 3 officer types, 10 non-combatant types.
Regular Enemy Ammo Count: 15 rounds 9mm, 170rounds 7.92mm, 15 grenades 2 Panzerfausts.

Team health (13/72)

Madeline Christie Atkinson (DivideByZero) (12 health)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Jim Harrington (Questorhank) (12 Health)
Hans Koring Staffenberg (Sir Elventide)(12 health)(squad leader)
Zehn Graftkin(Doomblade187)(12 health)
Krilge Schmidt(Pancaek)(12 health)
Phillip Ottersen(Slick)(12 health)

Spoiler: GM notes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 02:33:06 pm by WunderKatze »
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
  • The sword cuts with finality when guided by wisdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 26, 2018, 10:46:24 pm »

"Okay, once we finish securing this floor and the one below us, we will restock and move on to the third floor when the others enter the mansion," Hans whispered to Philips. Taking a deep breath, Hans turned right and ran to the southern corner of the hallway. Taking cover, Hans peeked over the corner and saw a wounded Gothic grenadier taking cover beneath the southeastern window. Though the soldier is highly trained, even he got to know that he's not going to win this battle.

Now is the time to deliver the coup-de-grace.

Aiming his rifle at the Gothic grenadier, Hans will attempt to unload at least three rounds into him.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 12:11:28 am by Sir Elventide »

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 26, 2018, 11:52:54 pm »

"Onwards. Almost done."

Check for bogeys through window by NW door, if hallway is clear, enter through door. If there are enemies,
and I won't hit allies south of me, open fire.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Slick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 28, 2018, 02:21:29 am »

"Okay, once we finish securing this floor and the one below us, we will restock and move on to the third floor when the others enter the mansion," Hans whispered to Philips. Taking a deep breath, Hans turned right and ran to the southern corner of the hallway. Taking cover, Hans peeked over the corner and saw a wounded Gothic grenadier taking cover beneath the southeastern window. Though the soldier is highly trained, even he got to know that he's not going to win this battle.

Now is the time to deliver the coup-de-grace.

Aiming his rifle at the Gothic grenadier, Hans will attempt to unload at least three rounds into him.
Philip nodded, before assuming a defensive stance near Hans.

Philip shares his shield cover with Hans...Just in case.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 02, 2018, 07:58:09 pm »

Keep hunkering down, can't very well blow up stuff when my comrades are inside. Keep an eye on the back of the building though, in case the enemy gets cute ideas like fleeing.

Questorhank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 03, 2018, 01:49:02 am »

Reload while walking up to the last guy. Give him a couple of seconds to surrender (no actual interaction, just hold up the gun). If he doesn't, shoot him (as many times as needed to kill him). Use the knife if necessary. Then go back and swap my rifle ammo for the mp40 and its ammo.
RTD Graveyard

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 03, 2018, 02:04:53 pm »

Madeline hears the gunfire from inside the building, and nods to herself, sprinting over to the compound entrance toward Jim,standing with her back against the brick wall.

(I don't think I'll have time to reload because of the distance, but if I do have time, I'd obviously do it.)
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
Re: OPERATION MARKET STORM: TURN 7, Mission 1: Ich gebe auf! (6/5)
« Reply #158 on: March 05, 2018, 04:03:39 pm »

Turn 7: Mission 1

(Commandos receive 1.5x damage this turn)

Zehn peers through the into the 1st floor through a 1st story window. The hallway is empty so you enter through the door. With his Vikcers hanging from his shoulder being piloted by one hand, Zehn scouts the west building section. To the left there is a room, the door is open and the small room, a bunk bedded barracks, is empty. You continue to the door that leads into the east section of the building. To the left (north) is a window facing east and two doors heading out north, this is where the Gothic flanking party exited the building, the ones that you mostly gunned down before being interrupted by smoke. To the right (south) and forward some is another pair of doors heading south, they are open (continued with Jim’s section below).

Hans ducks around the corner with rifle in hand, Philip in a low crouch proceeds him, giving him the benefit of his steel shield (+4 cover to Hans and Philip).  The grenadier is squatted low at the 2nd story southeastern window, his eyes are barely above the window ledge and his rifle hangs loosely on his shoulder, he seems to be looking for Krilage. Hans shoulders his rifle and fires three shots, each time he works the gun’s action instinctively and fluidly allowing no opportunity for retaliation. (3 ->2 hits, no cover -> 3 damage) The shots produce a tight grouping on the grenadier's back, he slumps against the wall, his back flexing irregularly, signaling that one of the rounds severed the Gothic soldier’s spine.

Madeline, hearing the action from within the building breaks cover and sprints towards Jim's position. She makes it about to wall slightly east of the main entrance. Leaning against the wall, with her unrelaoded rifle hanging on its strap she can sort of make out Jim’s affairs with the grenadier she shot (continued with Jim’s section).

Krilage, wary of possible enemy activity, decides to remain in his position. There is no enemy to be seen. The 2nd story southeastern grenadier was killed, at least that is what you gathered from the three consecutive Enfield blasts you heard.

Jim breaks his Webley open, allowing the spent rounds to spill onto the floor and loads a fresh half dozen. He walks into the main entrance walk way, pointing his gun at the poor gothic grenadier with a shot arm, the one who just tried to grenade him a second ago. The grenadier instinctively throws up his uninjured arm up from where he sits against the wall. “No! No! Nicht schießen, ich gebe auf! I surrender!” The grenadier yells in a mix of elementary English and Gothic. He then slumps down and raises his other arm. Jim recognizes what he is doing immediately from the basic medical training you received. He’s trying to elevate his point of bleeding above his heart. “Bandage, bandage.” He points to his upper inner arm, to his brachial artery. He’s not asking for a bandage to close the wound but a tourniquet to slow the bleeding. He looks pale.

Recap: The Gothic normal types have been defeated, Jim is holding a wounded grenedier hostage at the main entrance hallway. The buildings have been checked with the exception of a central room on the 2nd story of the eastern section. There are 3 officers and 4 special type enemies remaining and a handful of noncombatants that you puzzlingly haven’t seen yet.

Philip and Hans are at the southwest corner of the east building section on the second story.Madeline is at the main entrance of the building.Krilage is off map near the south eastern patch of trees. Jim and Zehn are at the main entrance hallway.

(Turn Fire Superiority totals: 5 (Commandos) vs  0 (Low Gothia) The Commandos have taken control of the situation and hold the 1.5 damage multiplier!)

Health restored!

Spoiler: Rules summary (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Enemy compound: (click to show/hide)

Enemy health total: 62, Enemy head count: 1 regular types, 4 special types, 3 officer types, 10 non-combatant types.
Regular Enemy Ammo Count: 15 rounds 9mm, 170rounds 7.92mm, 15 grenades 2 Panzerfausts.

Team health (72/72)

Madeline Christie Atkinson (DivideByZero) (12 health)
Jim Harrington (Questorhank) (12 Health)
Hans Koring Staffenberg (Sir Elventide)(12 health)(squad leader)
Zehn Graftkin(Doomblade187)(12 health)
Krilge Schmidt(Pancaek)(12 health)
Phillip Ottersen(Slick)(12 health)

Spoiler: GM notes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 11:03:13 pm by WunderKatze »
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 07, 2018, 08:37:55 am »

Confiscate the soldier's weapons, apply medical care.
Have Jim cover me.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Questorhank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 07, 2018, 10:09:09 pm »

Cover Zhen. Swap rifle ammo for the MP40 and its ammo.
RTD Graveyard

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
  • The sword cuts with finality when guided by wisdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 08, 2018, 11:29:23 am »

"Thank you for the protection," Hans said to Phillips. "Now, let's secure this floor and the one below us,"

Secure the two floors of the building

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 08, 2018, 05:15:33 pm »

"I'll bet these bastards are in a basement or something"

Head on over to the building, though keep low on the approach. Peek inside through the nearest window.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 16, 2018, 08:41:29 pm »

Madeline reloads and enters the building. (Also cover Hans)

She walked in to the sight of her comrades treating the wounds of a soldier they'd just shot. But upon further inspection, she recognizes the grenadier's face, and the tufts of hair sticking up out from under his helmet.

Stuck in an awkward position between letting a chuckle escape her lips, verses cursing herself for laughing at such a thing, she ends up clearing her throat and stiffly raises her gun at the door in front of her.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]