Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 389

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 2851825 times)

kontako

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #1080 on: October 14, 2018, 12:01:08 am »

To what extent do you expect to use hyperlinks within / after the development of the coming long-wait update? If my memory serves well, I recall the use of hyperlinks in the myth demo.

I ask with specific reference towards their use between the mentions of Hist. figs., Civilisations, Organisations, Events, etc and a page which defines them.

Or is their inclusion deferred to a particular future update?
"Confederacy of Businesses"?! By Armok's Blood! These Communist animals are CAPITALISTS!
"This town ain't big enough for the two of us, turkey"
*gobbles menacingly*

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: October 15, 2018, 01:59:37 am »

To what extent do you expect to use hyperlinks within / after the development of the coming long-wait update? If my memory serves well, I recall the use of hyperlinks in the myth demo.

I ask with specific reference towards their use between the mentions of Hist. figs., Civilisations, Organisations, Events, etc and a page which defines them.

Or is their inclusion deferred to a particular future update?
Hyperlinks would definitely improve the help screen.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Inarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: October 15, 2018, 04:21:23 am »

And in legends menu, in general. But i think that implementing this would be longer than you imagine (or perhaps you already know)

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: October 15, 2018, 04:50:59 am »

And in legends menu, in general. But i think that implementing this would be longer than you imagine (or perhaps you already know)
Possibly, but it's going to go that way eventually. It's already part of Mythgen.

Inarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: October 15, 2018, 06:38:10 am »

Well, I hope. I love reading Legends, and it would be a very appreciated addition.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: October 17, 2018, 12:21:14 am »

Merchants and companies and stuff. Interesting.

Does this mean the merchants who visit your fortress will now be actual exisitng merchants who've travelled across the map from someplace to get to you? Or are they still the magically generated kind?

Real_bang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: October 17, 2018, 08:20:02 am »

All questions as usual about the next update. Will we be able to send messenger to trade outposts to request a caravan? If yes will we be able to pick what we need for extra money like with mountainhome? Will we be able send a squad to rob them for good loot. With the addition of merchants will we finally see caravans in adventure mode?

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: October 18, 2018, 05:49:12 am »

All questions as usual about the next update. Will we be able to send messenger to trade outposts to request a caravan? If yes will we be able to pick what we need for extra money like with mountainhome? Will we be able send a squad to rob them for good loot. With the addition of merchants will we finally see caravans in adventure mode?

I think that is going to have to wait for the economy, which I don't think the next release is intended to be, sadly.  Except for the looting trade outposts part, that sounds doable. 

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: October 18, 2018, 07:17:14 am »

Just two questions on the interesting economic things sliding their way in as per the world fleshing-out.

What kind of goods do travelling merchants sell (question answered by devlog, thanks)

&

Do travelling merchants accompany trade caravans in scheduled visits or do they arrive individually?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 02:19:39 pm by FantasticDorf »

Real_bang

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: October 18, 2018, 02:22:48 pm »

You said that there will be villain plots based on revenge. So my question is will there be a hatred for the whole race? Like young elven slave hating on all the humans for killing his relatives so his villain plot would just be "kill as much humans as i can" or something else that would do damage to the whole human race?

Slozgo Luzma

• Bay Watcher
  • RIP Emeg Orglebeamed, the Domination of Castles
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: October 18, 2018, 11:09:54 pm »

Before the big wait, do you have any plans to expand the representation of structures and sites on the world map? For instance, goblins have taverns but the player can't visit them in adventure mode, while dying civilizations that make take their last stand in outdoor tombs that belong to them cannot be visited by the player.

While all these trade changes are being made, might we see player-controlled caravans in fort or adventure mode before the big wait? Or is that definitely something you are leaving until the economy arc?

Atomisk

• Bay Watcher
  • Majora
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: October 19, 2018, 05:08:43 am »

The new stress system is complex and I realized my dwarves could use a vacation.

Were there ever any plans to give dwarves a designation to prioritize relaxation? and only work to satisfy orders/craftmoods slowly?

or is it good enough just to allow them to make work a priority and if they're not given a job, they simply socialize? (Or burrow them, i guess.) I was thinking it's hard to get certain groups of my fort to socialize because they rush to complete work orders. I think there should be a way to ORDER them to go have a chat or a drink! A schedualing system for non-military dwarves to work or play (Months to auto-assign burrows to citizens..)?

With all the activity, missions, and other things going on, Will dwarves ever be allowed to wander the surrounding wilds? Occupation: adventurer?

It could present both happy 'unsupervised free time' thoughts, and they can go collect, hunt, explore, or do whatever they want offsite.. And maybe they bring back an exotic kill, or plant, or some random junk that might not have already been on the map!
« Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 05:14:01 am by Atomisk »
Signatures are for people with things to show off. I'll show off something.

KingEdwarf3890

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: October 21, 2018, 12:58:04 pm »

Hey, I get that deities in general won't be worked on until the Magic Update, but at some point before that could you at least fix it so that Adventurers from an Elven civ have a way to satisfy the need to pray? Cause right now praying doesn't work for Elven adventurers even though they have religion. It's cause of the different worship system I think.

Beag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: October 21, 2018, 02:35:47 pm »

1. With merchant caravans being more present in the next update would a new possible adventurer quest to be included before the big wait be guarding the caravan as it moves from one site to another?
2. Will the addition of trade caravans mean local site shops finally having a way to resupply their stock while adventure mode is running?
3. Will certain villians make use of were beasts as minnions in their scemes? Spreading the curse is a great way to sow chaos.
4. With the addition of more personal NPC relationships for purposes of intrigue will our own adventurer's personal relationships with NPCs be shown more clearly?

« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 10:01:44 pm by Beag »

DG

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull the Lever
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: October 21, 2018, 09:01:03 pm »

I know it's always terribly tempting, but we've been edging too far toward FOTF Jeopardy, where as long as we give our suggestions as questions we don't bother putting them in the relevant forum.
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 389