Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 306 307 [308] 309 310 ... 389

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 2850927 times)

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #4605 on: June 17, 2022, 05:47:07 pm »

Last, the most important question:

How's Scamps doing? What's he up to?

Just discovered myself - the junior Linux programmer got lymphoma'd off the team, as unfortunate as it is.

That's... horrible news. I'm devastated to hear it (and my question seems inappropriate now). :(  :'(

My deepest condolences to Toady, ThreeToe and all close ones of Scamps.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #4606 on: June 17, 2022, 06:13:01 pm »

I'm so sorry :( losing a pet is hard. Rest in peace Scamps <3
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

malvado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4607 on: June 17, 2022, 06:48:36 pm »

My Condolences for your Scamps. He will be remembered.
Oh and if he spawns in one of my games I will "Screenshoot" him.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4608 on: June 17, 2022, 06:57:25 pm »

Have you considered getting another cat?  I’d suggest going to an animal shelter.  Also, I’d suggest letting the cat choose you, instead of you choosing the cat…
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

bolivar

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4609 on: June 17, 2022, 07:12:06 pm »

I have had a few cats live to a similar age and each one was a best friend who loved me unconditionally and I loved them back. I hope you are well besides this sad news. If you have a photo anthology please share it with us so we can remember Scamps, and any anecdotes.

How many sneaker invasions did Scamps repel over the years?

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4610 on: June 17, 2022, 10:28:33 pm »

My condolences for Scamps. :( He was a wonderful boy. I've lost a number of cats myself and it's never gotten easier. I haven't really found anything that makes it better, either, except time. Be good to yourselves, Toady and Threetoe.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4611 on: June 18, 2022, 03:28:39 am »

We need a Scamps Memorial Thread…
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Inarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4612 on: June 18, 2022, 04:10:28 am »

Condoleances for Scamps. Only people with cats know how much we care for these little lovely monsters.

Silverwing235

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4613 on: June 18, 2022, 04:29:38 am »

Have you considered getting another cat?  I’d suggest going to an animal shelter.  Also, I’d suggest letting the cat choose you, instead of you choosing the cat…

...Definitely too soon, frankly. Bordering on an ill-mannered bit of timing, there - at least, IMO.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2022, 06:16:04 am by Silverwing235 »

Doorkeeper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4614 on: June 18, 2022, 09:31:02 am »

I'm sorry for your loss. Scamps was a very beautiful cat. I liked his green eyes.

BlueManedHawk

• Bay Watcher
  • Does you is not can the have the yet what do it be
    • View Profile
« Reply #4615 on: June 18, 2022, 02:13:59 pm »

Since this appears to be the place where people are doing it, i'm here to also offer my condolences on the loss of Scamps.  Considering that the devlog described his loss as sudden, i imagine it must have hurt a fuckton.  The memory of him shall live on.

How do i use sigtext properly?

Tachytaenius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4616 on: June 19, 2022, 07:56:49 am »

Rest in peace scamps. My condolences :-(

Alu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4617 on: June 19, 2022, 11:04:33 am »

In the recent update it said, people tend to worship frequent attackers of the same kind. Is this where it ends, or does/can it go further?
like i.e. a contract involving sacrifice of humans or cattle in exchange for peace/protection or something?
"He admired a wonderful Trap lately"

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4618 on: June 19, 2022, 03:47:54 pm »

In the recent update it said, people tend to worship frequent attackers of the same kind. Is this where it ends, or does/can it go further?
like i.e. a contract involving sacrifice of humans or cattle in exchange for peace/protection or something?

• Limegreen if this is a question please  :D
Megabeast 'Diplomacy' has been on the devplan table for a long time, but I too would be interested to see if theres any flavortext too. We wouldnt know right now without clarification because it's been broken but the initial impression would be easy to gleam that they might be relatively stoic like the gods are, while on their path of carnage.

At most, if you created your own custom megabeasts to be able to dispense sphere secrets (maybe the occasional genned forgotten beast OR if HFS are bundled into the change since the only usable vanilla secret sphere is death == necromancy), they'd most likely choose people from their own sect to share it, since its technically a little exhibited mechanic of [SUPERNATURAL] and [POWER] predating ver 44.

Condolences on scamps by the way Toady. Hope you're all ok.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4619 on: June 20, 2022, 01:38:46 am »

None of the megabeasts are intelligent, so there is no way to negotiate with them. It attacks were caused by them being hungry, a "sacrifice" in the form or cattle (or captured invaders) could sate their appetite for the time being, but they're currently not driven by hunger (and if you provide animals with easy food you have a decent chance to entice them to return for more anyway).
Things will probably change in/post the Myth&Magic arc, but that's a long way off.
Pages: 1 ... 306 307 [308] 309 310 ... 389