Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 333 334 [335] 336 337 ... 389

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 2850746 times)

Doorkeeper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #5010 on: December 05, 2022, 03:50:18 pm »

If you have an email, you can create a Mantis account.

Technical issues aside, such as Mantis not sending confirmation emails to certain addresses.

DFFD fixed this recently (not accepting newer domains). Let's hope the site update updates this.

Su

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Angel Island Zone
« Reply #5011 on: December 05, 2022, 07:20:46 pm »

asking on the eve of release, but assuming you're reading this a good week or so after: were there any last minute mission-critical bugs you had to drop everything to fix, or has it been relatively smooth sailing?

gutless_jim

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5012 on: December 05, 2022, 10:42:01 pm »

I'm sure I'll find out once the game releases soon, but will there be any way to import my current Fortress into the Premium version and be able to see it with graphics? Thank you!

Paaaad

• Bay Watcher
  • Mainly a lurker unfortunetley.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5013 on: December 05, 2022, 10:57:00 pm »

I'm sure I'll find out once the game releases soon, but will there be any way to import my current Fortress into the Premium version and be able to see it with graphics? Thank you!
No. This is a breaking update. First one since 2014 I think, but it still means it will not be compatible with existing saves.
Unity! Duty! Destiny!

Does the walker chose the path, or the path the walker?

Vanzetti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5014 on: December 06, 2022, 08:21:18 am »

I've seen that the plan for boats is for them to be able to turn 90 degrees. Does this include turning around X or Y axis (that is, turning a wall into a floor and/or capsizing)?

Inarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5015 on: December 06, 2022, 09:23:00 am »

Now is the time. Good luck you both !

hirsute_offender

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5016 on: December 06, 2022, 05:00:52 pm »

i have an email from bay12 from 2006 thanking me for my donation

will you make NFTs for people that donated back in the day? that would be really sweet

congratulations on the steam launch! i have a mac so i'll have to wait a little longer to play this new version but i'm looking forward to it!

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5017 on: December 06, 2022, 06:03:39 pm »

Well, it looks like I’m going to have to wait to try out the new release.  My current Linux machine can’t run Steam and it’s been taking a bit of time to get a proper distribution running due to having to prioritize other things.  Anyways, the reviews on Steam seem to be “overwhelming positive”, so congratulations!
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5018 on: December 07, 2022, 12:37:09 am »

Couple of Worldgen questions:

MINERAL_SCARCITY in Advanced Worldgen parameters for every type of world changed from 2500 (sparse) to 100 (everywhere) in 50.01.
Was this simply to increase minerals in worlds, or did the balance change somewhere requiring a value of 100 to produce the same kind of result as 2500 in the previous version?

Titan and Werebeast Triggers changed from exact numbers to a 1-5 scale. Can we still adjust Worldgen.txt to use exact figures, or will these be ignored now?

Also:
Would it be possible to have an option to turn off the DFhack style prospector thing from the embark screen in the future? I get that some people are quite vocal about demanding to know exactly where the iron, gold and copper are, but it's kind of destroyed one of the fun things about fortress mode for me, which was adapting to what we discover upon Striking the Earth. Into the unknown...but actually not.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2022, 01:19:38 am by Shonai_Dweller »

DG

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull the Lever
    • View Profile
« Reply #5019 on: December 07, 2022, 01:49:52 am »

will you make NFTs for people that donated back in the day? that would be really sweet

congratulations on the steam launch! i have a mac so i'll have to wait a little longer to play this new version but i'm looking forward to it!

I think NFTs would be a double edged sword. Sure, it might encourage some people but I know of at least one person who would never donate again.

hirsute_offender

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5020 on: December 07, 2022, 03:13:30 am »

I think NFTs would be a double edged sword. Sure, it might encourage some people but I know of at least one person who would never donate again.

i think last night zach and tarn made a few cool $ million, and will continue to make more with the game. they don't really have to answer to any individual fan, they can do what feels right and is fun just like they always have

DG

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull the Lever
    • View Profile
« Reply #5021 on: December 07, 2022, 03:25:45 am »

I agree. And if something makes two or more people happy for every one it pisses off they should do it. There are a lot of things I am a lonely curmudgeon on when it comes to DF, but I doubt I'm very alone when it comes to NFTs.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5022 on: December 07, 2022, 07:04:51 am »

What's the thinking behind removing Civilian Alerts?
Is it due to some plans that you have for later improved sieges? Or a feature that you just haven't finished implementing yet?

I think most players (actual players, not folk struggling to get started) set up a civilian alert. Are our plant gatherers and hunters just supposed to die unless we indulge in horrible micromanagement of manual burrows?

Or is there a missing "get to the tavern" general button somewhere that we've all missed?

--edit
Noted that 50.04 now allows you to add all civilians to burrows. But my cats are now dead because they weren't in that list. So, not quite the same functionality as the Civilian alert (not to mention having to add all those migrants and new long-term residents every time).
« Last Edit: December 25, 2022, 10:29:22 pm by Shonai_Dweller »

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #5023 on: December 07, 2022, 02:02:42 pm »

I just got the Steam version, and I checked out the Legends mode, and I'm very impressed with how much more usable it is now. I then noticed there's some things missing from it.

What's the current priority for adding things like maps/exports for Legends mode to the Steam/itch.io release?
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #5024 on: December 07, 2022, 07:21:17 pm »

(removed a few posts - please refrain from getting heated in future of the fortress.  comments will just be removed)
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!
Pages: 1 ... 333 334 [335] 336 337 ... 389