Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 53

Author Topic: Minimalism and Milk 2  (Read 150793 times)

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
Re: Minimalism and Milk 2 (Turn 8)
« Reply #150 on: April 27, 2018, 03:53:21 pm »

"FOOLISH PRIEST! YOU WILL DIE BY THE GREAT GOATSBY'S HAND!"

Attempt to blast Harold with a spray of entropic milk.

Also, your text color is too similar to Mallos's, maybe you should change it.

this^

Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 27, 2018, 04:26:30 pm »

This is medieval times, there are no grocery stores. Also, your text color is too similar to Mallos's, maybe you should change it.

Well then I'll go to the medieval equivalent then!
it's over

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 27, 2018, 06:09:47 pm »

Cast Invisibility on myself.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 27, 2018, 08:35:22 pm »

This is medieval times, there are no grocery stores. Also, your text color is too similar to Mallos's, maybe you should change it.
DON'T BE RUDE, THIS MINIMALIST
THERE NO RULES, NO QUALITY CONTROL

LOOK BACK, SEE IF ANYONE CHASING ME
IF NO SIGNS OF PURSUIT, FIND A DECENT-SIZED BUNCH OF TREES IN FOREST AND
(FIGURE OUT HOW TO) PARK WAGON NEARBY
OTHERWISE, CONTINUE SPEEDING ALONG UNTIL I LOSE THEM. AVOID OBSTACLES. UNLESS OBSTACLES ARE THE SOFT, FLESHY KIND WHAT I CAN PROBABLY PLOW THROUGH WITHOUT DAMAGE TO WAGON.       

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 28, 2018, 06:22:40 am »

Thank all for halping and give them all a drink on the house each. Yell at whoever is driving the weird Dwarven contraption to sod off, and that I'm drinking my milk. If it's not Dwarven or something, then there's something wrong, since steam engines shouldn't exist yet. Go back inside and see if it's going to rain anytime soon.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 28, 2018, 12:41:13 pm »

Ah hell, I still haven't gotten around to finishing reading the first game. Guess I'll have to go through quickly. From what I've seen of this one so far, it seems like it'll live up to the original though.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 29, 2018, 12:44:18 am »

You needn't, it can be understood perfectly without it.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: Minimalism and Milk 2 (Turn 9)
« Reply #157 on: April 29, 2018, 01:20:54 am »

Turn 9

As Anna drank the sweet milk, her mind calmed down a little, and she started to understand: She has time traveled to the past! Accepting the fact that she may never return back to the current time, Anna decides to find her place in this timeline. However, as Anna turns away from the cow, she sees angry farmers...

Say to the farmers that I want to speak to the cow's owner.
Say to the cow's owner that I'll compensate him/her with money, should he/she name me the price and give time to collect money (3 turns).
Should cow's owner accept my offer, go and work the most high-paying job in the village. If not, perhaps it's time to run away to the Moorsburg and hide.

5, 2+1, 6

The farmers respond kindly as you explain yourself. They notice your unusual accent and garb and identify you as some sort of lost foreigner. Remembering a priest who once told them to show generosity to strangers, they offer you some of their food to go with your milk and bring you to the village head. The head is much more cautious about you, but the villagers convince him to let you potentially buy a cow.

Blacksmithing seems like your best option for a job due to your experience with customizing weapons. You do fairly well. The usual blacksmith seems suspicious of your skills and mysterious gear, however. You have just enough money for the cow.

Quote from: Gargoyle
Roar.
2 vs 1
Punch the gargoyle.
5-1 vs 1
(Initiative:Gargoyle.)

The gargoyle pounces down at you and lifts you up by one arm. When you reach eye level, you give it a stunning punch in the jaw that forces it to release you and stumble back.

shuffle out of the way of it's next swing, flinging mud into it's face as I do so.

5-1 for previous hit vs 5, 3-1 for mud.
(Sorry. I really wanted you to just kill this troll already.)

You don't dodge quite fast enough. The club leaves you with a visible crack in your armor.

Try again. Find the direction the Unholy Pail has it's lair.
While we are waiting for the fancy cup to figure out our next location, I will summon my sword to myself, and then begin to attempt to teach my hired adventurers to be more useful in a fight.
3+1
Make sure that nothing bad happens while we’re working on all this.

Cormac hands out drinks and Adam rounds up the party for some quick training as the Grail looks for the Pail. Adam shows off demonstrations of swordplay and minor magic as Aaron occasionally assists. The adventurers seem to noticeably improve in terms of teamwork and following orders. (+1 when attacking a target someone else is attacking.)

The Grail has a vision when all this is done. In its mind, it clearly sees the first step on the Quest for the Unholy Pail! You must go to (roll) the Neighboring Village. Once there, you'll need to search the place for a sign that will point the way to your next objective. With the strength of this vision, the Grail also detects that the sign will have something to do with a foreign woman who came from a land of fire and dust.

Put the milk in a safe place and take care of the rat.

Setting the milk to the side, you manage to capture the rat under a bowl and place a weight atop it. You could kill it effortlessly, but you have heard tales of wilderness creatures that someday reward those who show them mercy.

Awesome. To the bartender: "Thank you, good sir. It was my pleasure working with you."
Go buy myself a good weapon with my new coin.

6+1

You say your farewells and head to the shops with the free non-milk drink Cormac gave you. On display and in your price range is the perfect weapon for you. What is it?

Cast Invisibility on myself.

Invisibility would be an appropriate spell to cast in this situation, of course. However, you did not prepare that spell today. You do have Major Image, Blur, and Disguise Self ready to cast from the Illusion school if desired.

DON'T BE RUDE, THIS MINIMALIST
THERE NO RULES, NO QUALITY CONTROL

LOOK BACK, SEE IF ANYONE CHASING ME
IF NO SIGNS OF PURSUIT, FIND A DECENT-SIZED BUNCH OF TREES IN FOREST AND
(FIGURE OUT HOW TO) PARK WAGON NEARBY
OTHERWISE, CONTINUE SPEEDING ALONG UNTIL I LOSE THEM. AVOID OBSTACLES. UNLESS OBSTACLES ARE THE SOFT, FLESHY KIND WHAT I CAN PROBABLY PLOW THROUGH WITHOUT DAMAGE TO WAGON.       

Nobody chooses to purse your rattling machine as you roll out of town and into. Your rampaging joyride is then abruptly ended when you collide with a tree. When you regain consciousness, the wagon is damaged and currently unable to move. A sad song seems to play from the still-functioning steam pipes.

Thank all for halping and give them all a drink on the house each. Yell at whoever is driving the weird Dwarven contraption to sod off, and that I'm drinking my milk. If it's not Dwarven or something, then there's something wrong, since steam engines shouldn't exist yet. Go back inside and see if it's going to rain anytime soon.

(I'm not sure if you wanted it to rain or not. I'm going to assume you didn't.)

You thank your assistants and give them the aforementioned drinks. After parting with the bar-wreckers on good terms, you take a look at the sky and see that it's about to rain.

Use some type of cleric healing spell to heal my self, and retrieve my crucifix.
4-1
Quote from: Adam's arm
<General attacking>
1 vs 1-1 against injured snake.
Quote from: Snakes
SsSsSsSsS....
3 vs 6 against arm.
"FOOLISH PRIEST! YOU WILL DIE BY THE GREAT GOATSBY'S HAND!"

Attempt to blast Harold with a spray of entropic milk.

Also, your text color is too similar to Mallos's, maybe you should change it.

this^
3 vs 2
(Initiative:Harold.)

Through the pain of the ants in his blood, Harold calls out for healing. His blood is purged of ants and he reaches for his crucifix. Just before he touches it, Goatsby blasts him back with Entropy Milk and keeps him away. Adam's disembodied arm is suddenly deprived of its weapon when the sword vanishes. It pounces forward and punches the injured serpent in the nose. In response, the other serpent chomps down on the liberated limb. It thrashes around in the snakes jaw as the fangs dig in.

Name: 0cra
Description: An ordinary person that wants milk
Why do you want milk? To sell it on the black market

"Alright, time to get milk."

>Go steal milk from the grocery store
Oops, missed this one.

You go looking for a market with intention to steal milk. This village has lost its supply, while the nearest village is sold out. You have to make the longer trek to town instead. You make it there, but the guards are on alert. This is not a place that shows pity on lawbreakers.

OOC:
Ah hell, I still haven't gotten around to finishing reading the first game. Guess I'll have to go through quickly. From what I've seen of this one so far, it seems like it'll live up to the original though.
You needn't, it can be understood perfectly without it.

I'd agree that reading the first isn't necessary to play this one, but I strongly object to the insinuation that anyone, including me, fully understands what's happening in either game.

(Also, thanks for saying that, Person. I was a bit worried I'd mess up the sequel.)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 01:43:12 am by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 29, 2018, 02:01:25 am »

Equip my emergency crucifix and charge at Goatsby, and stab him.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 29, 2018, 03:11:24 am »

Anna thanks the blacksmith for letting her work as an apprentice. She notices that the blacksmith is suspicious of her, so Anna explains him her (fake) story: "I've came here from a continent to the West, across the Atlantic Ocean. I'm a citizen of an extremely advanced country called Republic of Nevada, where technology is advanced enough to be almost indistinguishable from the most complex magic. We have mechanical limbs and organs, advanced medicine, weaponry which can shoot scorching beams or green globs, capable of melting everything that moves..." Anna keeps talking about technology, and when she finally stops, she says, "...Unfortunately, our great republic almost got destroyed by a 5 years long civil war, and we only started the repopulation and surrounding exploration program a month ago. As for how I came here," says Anna while rubbing her forehead, "Uh... Looks like I suffer from a slight memory loss. That's one of the negative symptoms of using the teleport technology I've mentioned."

Anna tells the blacksmith that her name is 'Adelina Moffscrut' before finally leaving him to buy the cow.

Buy a cow and personally apologize to the farmer.
Since people consider me a foreigner, ask questions like, "Who's the local ruler?", "What country I'm in?", "Where's the capital of this country?".
Ask the villagers if they need help with bandits or any other threats.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 29, 2018, 05:49:40 am »

throw the gargoyle into the moat. let's see if stone can swim.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 29, 2018, 08:18:17 am »

Alright, let’s get going to that Neighboring Village and see about some lady with a sign who probably came from some desert or volcanic location.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 29, 2018, 08:34:39 am »

Alright, let’s get going to that Neighboring Village and see about some lady with a sign who probably came from some desert or volcanic location.
As Glass said collect up the adventurers and the grail and go find Anna.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 29, 2018, 09:16:16 am »

Roll and try to guide everyone to the Neighboring Village. Try to find the foreign woman from dust and fire.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 29, 2018, 10:06:16 am »

As Glass said collect up the adventurers and the grail and go find Anna.
Roll and try to guide everyone to the Neighboring Village. Try to find the foreign woman from dust and fire.

Say that I don't know how I'm related to all these 'Holy Grails' and 'Unholy Pails' of yours. I'm simply a foreigner from an advanced nation.
Unless the village elder will say that the village has no threats, I shall refuse to come along with the party until I destroy the threat.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 53