Advanced search  

Poll

This mod is discontinued

But there's gonna be a better one in the future
- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 20

Author Topic: [47.xx] Sver's DF Combat Reworked (update v1.7)  (Read 95843 times)

Oxidus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [44.xx] Sver's DF Combat Reworked (update v1.6)
« Reply #150 on: December 26, 2019, 02:22:08 pm »

Can you please add a DF with this mod already installed? There is way too many things to do in instructions and I don't really understand them.
Winter is coming and the dead come with it.

Sver

• Bay Watcher
  • An army marches on its oiling and waxing
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 26, 2019, 02:35:21 pm »

You only really need to do this for the main experience:

2. Place the text files from the mod's main folder in .../%DF folder%/raw/objects. Overwrite when prompted.
3. Open the mod's 'for civs' folder. Here you can either choose to use my personal equipment presets for entities or assemble your own using the full list. Or, if your entity_default.txt is unmodified, you can simply copy the entity_default.txt from the folder (Revised or vanilla).

The rest is various optionals, modules and the like, to be assembled with personal taste in mind - that's why there's no pre-installed version.

I can package you the comp I personally play with, if you don't mind it being quite punishing difficulty-wise.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2019, 02:37:48 pm by Sver »
DF Combat Reworked
No overpowered force transfer, no easy life without a kidney, more functional variety among the weapons and other improvements.

Sver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 31, 2019, 06:33:36 am »

So, with the next DF release in January pretty much confirmed, and lots of real life stuff going on, I'll get back to working on the mod somewhere after the new release. Two pre-installed editions (basic and hardcore) will be included with the next mod update.
DF Combat Reworked
No overpowered force transfer, no easy life without a kidney, more functional variety among the weapons and other improvements.

fest88

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 18, 2020, 04:57:54 am »

Hello! I have a question. Is the masterwork and your mod good compatible?
How to install your mod on a masterwork?

Sver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 18, 2020, 02:26:16 pm »

There is way too much overlap for a successful merge, I think. You can try manually merging the file contents from my mod into the Masterwork's files and make sure none of the Masterwork's modded weapons remain, but that'll probably prove to be too much work.

The modular race mods such as Meph's ☼Warlock Tower☼ should be compatible though - just install them first, then overwrite with my mod, except for the entity_default.txt (and other entity files) which will require manual editing for the items.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2020, 05:23:08 am by Sver »
DF Combat Reworked

fest88

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 19, 2020, 04:05:57 am »

Thanks for the answer. I made several manual installation attempts, but all failed. On the download loading screen, before creating a map, a crash occurs.
I hope in the future you will be able to agree with the authors of the masterwork or mepf mods on the integration of your projects.
Thank you very much for your work and greetings from the Russian DF community!

Sver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 19, 2020, 05:24:51 am »

Thank you  :)

I'll try to do a merge once I have time and see if the conflict is easily resolvable or not. Probably not, if the problem lies in the many new reactions in Masterwork, but it won't hurt to try at least.
DF Combat Reworked

Molay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 19, 2020, 10:12:57 am »

I'd just like to express my interest in a bundle where this mod is successfully merged with mephs warlock tower. I realize that a full mw merge would be too time consuming, particularly with all the changes looming in the not so distant future. While I never delved deeply into modding, I think warlock tower may not be too big hassle perhaps, unless your mod interacts weirdly with magic?

If you do make such a merge, I'd recommend to include the fix for beak dogs. They have the never pet tag, but require the always pet tag.
The best alternative to having a functional steel industry is to have a really, really, really good hospital. And a lot of coffins.

Sver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 19, 2020, 12:30:55 pm »

Does Warlock tower add any new weapons? If not, it should be compatible as is - the only possible issue is that you won't be able to craft my new weapons from bone, as those are custom reactions. All the vanilla ones should be craftable though.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2020, 12:37:45 pm by Sver »
DF Combat Reworked

Molay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 20, 2020, 02:10:10 pm »

I'm 99% all weapons are vanilla. It's just a slightly larger selection (compared to dwarf race limitations).

Would bone weapons behave as expected? I.e. is bone material for weapons balanced for your mod? Where would it rank; copper? Below copper?
The best alternative to having a functional steel industry is to have a really, really, really good hospital. And a lot of coffins.

Sver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 20, 2020, 05:18:53 pm »

Bone weapons gonna be below copper in performance, and bone armor will be below cloth padded armor. Warlock Tower also has special bone mats like bonemold, but those should behave as expected, as my mod doesn't make any changes to metals. So, the only missing feature would be making my non-vanilla additions in Meph's workshops such as Bone Forge. As far as I understand, vanilla Forge and smithing aren't removed from the Warlocks, so you should still be able to make my stuff the traditional way.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2020, 05:26:31 pm by Sver »
DF Combat Reworked

fest88

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 13, 2020, 01:25:55 pm »

Hello!What percentage of ingots is obtained by remelting your weapons and armor?

Sver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 13, 2020, 02:41:32 pm »

100% smelting return applies pretty much universally, so no more no less than used to forge them.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 02:45:41 pm by Sver »
DF Combat Reworked

fest88

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 14, 2020, 10:16:05 am »

Thanks! Its good news!
P.S. I hope that in the new version the spears will become a little better)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 10:19:00 am by fest88 »

Sver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 14, 2020, 12:39:50 pm »

Better balance for stabbing weapons is something I've been mulling over for quite a while, but there are only minor movements with it for now - only for high tier weapons. I'm wary of making low tier stabbers a tad too powerful, but there's no denial that the current velocities are too low. The exact values will become more clear when I get to testing a new balance for metals.
DF Combat Reworked
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 20