Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 32

Author Topic: Dawnthunder: !!Fun!! with RAWs (succession game)  (Read 95287 times)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
Re: Dawnthunder: !!Fun!! with RAWs (succession game)
« Reply #195 on: April 02, 2019, 06:19:21 pm »

So ends Likot Raptorcrafted, Second Queen of All Dwavendom, Lady of the Hammer, Dwarfslayer. Kogan shall mourn her passing.

Good start to the year. You've got a couple dysfunctional image links, tho.

Have you dorfed yourself yet?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 06:28:51 pm by Superdorf »
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 02, 2019, 07:56:58 pm »

Yeah the LOL was me at the beginning of my year when things were going well, there should be another message somewhere if I recall

Onyx Discforge

• Bay Watcher
  • [Greg cancels fight FPS: Went insane]
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 02, 2019, 09:59:44 pm »

I'm gonna request a turn in the fort.  With how badly Solitarian talks of their performance, it will make for an interesting, if not entertaining, recovery attempt by the time it gets to me.

Also, to expand on the armor list corruption bug (as someone who's experienced it and pushed its limits): it ONLY happens when mundane objects are looted, and one of Toady's bug "fixes" kicks in (some items were being duplicated, so he patched it to make the game delete duplicates).  As far as anyone on the bug tracker can tell, the game doesn't fully remove the spot the duplicate took in the items list, and ends up overflowing and borrowing a name from the artifacts of the world; it "borrows" one of the first artifacts in the first category (scrolls, slabs, and codices), so you end up with your equipment lists being filled with demonic slabs and/or random books.  I could be wrong, but until someone figures out exactly how DF is fucking up that's what I'll go with.

It's also important to note that the bug can take its time to manifest, and that it can progressively get worse (I have to check if it worsens with time alone, or requires more raiding of mundane items).  I've never seen it happen when raiding mundane items is disabled (though the game could just be more careful about accidentally duplicating. better at deleting duplicated artifacts and livestock).
Don't let past-you pick a username present-you won't like.

Some forts of mine: Snakepit (and Stakepet)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 02, 2019, 10:05:48 pm »

Welcome! I'll put you up on the turnlist.

klonk
Sigtext

Blackchibisan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 02, 2019, 11:16:34 pm »

I... I worry that when my turn rolls up next I'll be so up to my neck in madness and dead things that I won't know where to start... If I'm lucky, the worst I can hope to do is keep the status quo.

Vindcara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 03, 2019, 02:06:36 am »

Make sure the queen gets properly intured! I didn't comically over indulge in that coffin for nothing!

Solitarian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 03, 2019, 05:27:43 am »

I will not skip my turn. This might be good news or bad news, depending on your perspective. Smack me with a save file and I'll produce something not entirely dissimilar from a fortress.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 03, 2019, 10:39:21 am »

So ends Likot Raptorcrafted, Second Queen of All Dwavendom, Lady of the Hammer, Dwarfslayer. Kogan shall mourn her passing.

Good start to the year. You've got a couple dysfunctional image links, tho.

Have you dorfed yourself yet?
Whoopsie. Fixed.

I don't know. Probably i will not.
I... I worry that when my turn rolls up next I'll be so up to my neck in madness and dead things that I won't know where to start... If I'm lucky, the worst I can hope to do is keep the status quo.
Oh stop it, you!
Make sure the queen gets properly intured! I didn't comically over indulge in that coffin for nothing!
So much for turning the meeting hall into a zombie crypt.  :P
By the way.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
There is a line of caves running along the evil mountains.  :-\ Also, some of the other caves have up to 300 goblins in them. I almost want to go there in adventure mode.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 03, 2019, 03:07:15 pm »

This part has been an utter disaster with a ton of easily ooreventable deaths. You know that webcomic about fixing computer? "24 hours later: If militia commander survives we will get to the shore without being eaten by sharks, i will consider this a success!"? Yea, it was like that.  >:(

n 5th Slate, migrants have arrived, 9 of them. Open the entrance! Why the heck i suddenly have 11 fps?
Amoth the migrants were:
Me (yet nother jeweller. Put him into military for now).
Talented engraver, who is also skilled crutch walker despite having both legs. Preparing for the worst, aye?
Mighty siege operator and competent axedwarf cheesemaker – both assigned to hammer squads.
High master beekeeper. We have a honey bee hive around, but...

It's first time i see dwarves playing music in temple. I didn't played much of latest version, though.
Atom smashed trash of titans that was threwn around the fortress. There were even Mistem's missing leg in a meeting hall!
Part of new farm is for pig tails, we may or may not need to make some new clothes sometime soon. There is some silk lying around, but not thaaat much.  :P

18th Slate.
There were some cancellation spam caused by lack of plump helmet spawn. I look at the kitchen menu saying that we still have 70-something of them and hope it's a bug.

Yeah, definitely a "bug". But why we have a page and a half of forbidden ones?
Hammer lord was accidentally left outside and got wounded a bit by giant mosquito zombie.

22th Slate.
Spinner went into posessed strange mood, demands wood and leather. Donkey butchering went without accidents (although we already had some leather... damn).

Dwarves prepare to get wood in a cave with a blind cave ogre zombie in it. It is on the far side, though.
Okay, tree gots cut and...
"With a head like a block
He went out for a sock
His arse i won't bother to save!"

*3 dabbling hunters go out to hunt*
Hunting!? What on earth you all want to hunt there?
*more dwarves go out to pickup equipment*
Yeah, right into the ogre, my dudes!
*I setup a burrow, dwarves proceed to ignore it*
Dwarves get mutiltated!
Okay, mooder got his wood, i'm closing the gap, if someone is left out it's his own damn troubles! No, i don't. Somehow only one log dropped and this jerk wants more. Get out to chop some more, people!
You know what would be just marvellous? Shelled coyote zombie out of nowhere! Someone, build a wall. Please?
Eh. FakerFangirl, care for a redwarf?
Well, hammerdwarves apparently killed forgotten beast so hard by bashing it's skull in, that i can't find nor it nor it's corpse anywhere. Somehow wall finallly got built, somehow militia commander and another hammerdwarf got trapped in the caves with a bunch soon-to-be zombies.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 03:15:44 pm by MCreeper »

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 03, 2019, 03:10:03 pm »

Just an fyi the box isn't flyer proof, almost but not quite

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 03, 2019, 03:11:35 pm »

Just an fyi the box isn't flyer proof, almost but not quite
Seen that, for some reason didn't fixed it.

Solitarian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 03, 2019, 03:22:03 pm »

Given the very chaotic and dangerous nature of this fort, I will do my classic strategy of building a vault: a self-sustaining and sealed section of the fortress with a small number of dwarves living in it. That way, even if the entire fortress burns with clown fire, the vaultees will continue.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 03, 2019, 03:28:58 pm »

Welp... there goes our last founder. *sigh*

A vault sounds nice right about now.

klonk
Sigtext

Blackchibisan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 03, 2019, 03:44:46 pm »

From experience, vaults don't last. I have never been able to make a self-sufficient one without the madness following into the place.

Solitarian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 03, 2019, 03:55:06 pm »

That's why you build it before the madness comes. Make sure that the vaultees have no relations outside the vault.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 32