Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Now u habe map

Cool
Bruh that's fake news

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 60

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress -Drawings- : Tales of the Deer Wizard  (Read 151841 times)

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Quote from: Strik3r
I don't really like this one

Heresy! Heresy everywhere!

Well that's nice. Anything else?
+1

All of this has given me a very wild idea (and also great I think), so I'll just put it forward, but it could potentially change the story overmuch.

What if each player would become a hidden force within Blackhoof? Strick3r could be the personification of the rune / Haglaz, meaning hail (related to air and/or water), me the personification of / Algiz, meaning elk (related to Blackhoof ancestors and/or earth, the forest) because it gives me a LOT of inspiration, King Zultan (if he wants) the personification of also known as Y / Kaunan, meaning torch (related to fire) because it's certainly hot, one way or the other, and if other people want to join us, they could choose an other rune???

I'm also proposing because it's the symbol on the belt buckle of Flax and the rune that Blackhoof is holding before his hand on its first rendition from Strick3r and I'm proposing / Y because of...

Spoiler: THIS (click to show/hide)

It could be too wild but... should the idea be adopted and implemented in the game someway? The choice is yours Quaksna.

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
  • Dreams of creating a great work of art.
    • View Profile

It could be too wild but... should the idea be adopted and implemented in the game someway? The choice is yours Quaksna.

Oh yeah it could! I actually have no problem with that, I think it's a cool idea. You have full support from me on that if - you'll settle on this in some way between yourselves as players. The proposal's great, I just wanna know that no one is bothered by it, hasn't any objections or would like to add some idea of his own to it.

On the topic of runes - I just use some old Germanic I carry in my head throughout the ages, I would never thought they would fit so well, it's pretty funny. Also the rune Hagaláz I remember reading about in some comic when I was four, I can't make this stuff up, I love you guys.

As with insight and character analysis - I am open to your suggestions so that we can make this thing more enjoyable. Just make sure that everyone's cool with that.

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile

I'm admittedly a bit apprehensive. But who am i to speak, considering i'm the one who hijacked the entire game.

but
Quote from: Strik3r
I don't really like this one

Heresy! Heresy everywhere!

Well that's nice. Anything else?
+1

All of this has given me a very wild idea (and also great I think), so I'll just put it forward, but it could potentially change the story overmuch.

What if each player would become a hidden force within Blackhoof?

I think Nami's origin might interest you, if you ever learn it, that is ;)
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm admittedly a bit apprehensive. But who am i to speak, considering i'm the one who hijacked the entire game.

Hey, at least the art is finally worth something  :P

I mean, you're both interfering with my plans in a way, but I don't really care, I think the result could be worth it.

I think Nami's origin might interest you, if you ever learn it, that is ;)

Well, that's quite obvious, really.

She was the guardian spirit of this shiny rock in Dimshascuggán but was disturbed by Olmul's singing. Then I guess she fled south and met the Deathmaster, who took too much of inspiration from her hairstyle, ergo, she hates both dwarves and goblins now, so she went with an elvish name.

For real. As far as the lore goes, I don't mind you fleshing out the spirit world, as I wouldn't probably delved into it too much anyway, so you're basically doing my job, how nice of you. So far I love the stuff you came up with, but there are things that shouldn't be crossed, for I do have plans with them, so proceed cautiously.

To sum up, don't touch the blonde boy.

Also there's a poll.

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

She was the guardian spirit of this shiny rock in Dimshascuggán but was disturbed by Olmul's singing. Then I guess she fled south and met the Deathmaster, who took too much of inspiration from her hairstyle, ergo, she hates both dwarves and goblins now, so she went with an elvish name.

Do you really remember every flicker of light in Tales of Kudarkalur?! :P I must admit it baffles me a little. Very amusing references though.

I don't mind you fleshing out the spirit world, as I wouldn't probably delved into it too much anyway

I'm nearly offended! :) And would be happy participating to it.

So I have a first idea of how to implement my runic principles into the game:

I was thinking that from each of us could derive different powers. For example, if we want to heal somebody or make cloth out of grass as we did before, it would come out of my power, because these magical actions are related to life and earth. Then, if we want to summon the spirit of Crackantler or resist to fire, it would come out of the power of King Zultan, because these actions are related to death and fire. And finally, as Nami explained in the last event, when Blackhoof summons animal spirits, he wields her power.

However, as it was always the case, any action needs to be backed by the other players to be done. But TBH, I'm not totally sure of how it should all work and I'll probably need a few days to think about it. I'm also interested to know and open to the suggestions and opinions of everyone.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2021, 04:44:23 pm by Yellow Pixel »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Then, if we want to summon the spirit of Crackantler or resist to fire, it would come out of the power of King Zultan, because these actions are related to death and fire.
I'm all for becoming the person that can summon dead people and fire.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Then, if we want to summon the spirit of Crackantler or resist to fire, it would come out of the power of King Zultan, because these actions are related to death and fire.
I'm all for becoming the person that can summon dead people and fire.

Great! :D

Now I just need to do some more thinking and to make sure that my runic principles work fine with the ideas of Strick3r and the plans of Quaksna.

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Some delays were had. Also, i think i've officially long lost my mind.
At least there were no GPU crashes this time around.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I trapped him here?!! I thought his shadow reflection wasn't linked to his soul anymore... Why, why would you ever allow this?!! You knew it would happen? Wh... How?!!

And who is Veno and Rufithiìlnevi? Can we still save Crackantler?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I feel like I'm missing some context here, or are we making stuff up?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm not  :P Can't say I'm not flabbergasted either, but hey, Strik3R is the boss now.

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes and no. I'm not making it up in the sense that i'm just pulling it completely out of my ass. This is mostly stuff that has formed over the course of Insight's existence but a lot of stuff has to be extrapolated.
The upcoming one is going to be even deeper. It's also going to answer certain questions Pixels messaged me about. I'm still working on the script, though atm.
I'm constantly afraid that i'm brushing up on the boundaries of what Q is okay with.

Honestly, this has dragged on for way longer than i originally intended.
At first it was going to be ONE page, then three. Now its turned into seven, minimum.
But as long as everyone's OK with it, i don't mind :P

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Don't think about it too much, King Zultan. We're currently undergoing loyalty cascade where almost everyone started making stuff up.

I'm joking. But to explain myself, I kinda see playing out the exchange in my head and I write it down right as it goes. Maybe that also answers Yellow Pixel's bewilderment about ToK, these projects are my life. I'm really, really passionate about them, so if you make me the player of my project, yeah, you'll going to get exchanges like this  ;D

Also I'm a raving madman. So to put it simply, don't bother about anything anymore, King xD

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So I can just say the moon is made of cheese and the sun is made of salted pork and it be true?

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So I can just say the moon is made of cheese and the sun is made of salted pork and it be true?

I don't know, that's on Strik3r now  :P
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 60