Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Now u habe map

Cool
Bruh that's fake news

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 60

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress -Drawings- : Tales of the Deer Wizard  (Read 151824 times)

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I trapped him here?!! I thought his shadow reflection wasn't linked to his soul anymore... Why, why would you ever allow this?!! You knew it would happen? Wh... How?!!

And who is Veno and Rufithiìlnevi? Can we still save Crackantler?

+1

Until now, I enjoy the side story. It's evident that a lot of efforts are going into its conception and the visuals are very nice. I observe however that the events are beginning to diverge substantially from the main plot, and to say right, I think that it's for the best if the side story continue to stay well separated from the adventure we are having with Flax.

I believe that it would help keeping the story all the more entertaining and avoid the appearance of too many inconsistencies. I already see one in the fact that the dark shadow of Crackantler was supposed to have been magically sent back to the realm of the dead when Flax attacked it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
And a last detail: I think that the rune is not the most suitable to represent death or necromancy.

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile

I trapped him here?!! I thought his shadow reflection wasn't linked to his soul anymore... Why, why would you ever allow this?!! You knew it would happen? Wh... How?!!

And who is Veno and Rufithiìlnevi? Can we still save Crackantler?

+1

Until now, I enjoy the side story. It's evident that a lot of efforts are going into its conception and the visuals are very nice. I observe however that the events are beginning to diverge substantially from the main plot, and to say right, I think that it's for the best if the side story continue to stay well separated from the adventure we are having with Flax.

I believe that it would help keeping the story all the more entertaining and avoid the appearance of too many inconsistencies. I already see one in the fact that the dark shadow of Crackantler was supposed to have been magically sent back to the realm of the dead when Flax attacked it.

And a last detail: I think that the rune is not the most suitable to represent death or necromancy.

Oh, you are going to REALLY hate the next update.
Because i'm the kind of guy who REALLY likes to shake things up.

Also, we're facing severe delays. Script took WAY longer than expected.

and yeah, i know that the Rune was a less than ideal choice. So there's an answer to one of your questions: I pick the runes pretty randomly.
Except for the rune in the first render. That was picked intentionally, but not for the meaning of "Elk".
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
  • Dreams of creating a great work of art.
    • View Profile

With few slashes of his newly enchanted sword, the shade slowly vanishes, back to... Wherever you summoned it from.

I wrote that? Hehehe... That's fine, I'm not mad. But Yellow Pixel did point out a thing I agree with - any side stuff should stand on its own. Not completely, as that ain't possible, but it should keep distance from the pre-established stuff. So far it works, 'cause I didn't explore the spirit world - Strik3r did. It's a new thing, he's introducing something new, exploring something that isn't that much defined yet.

As long you don't delve too deep into the predefined, we're good, and it will work. If you cross the border too much, the world shall not end, I'll be just pissed off  :P. Also, since the adventure is truly diverging, it still needs to fit somehow in the overarching plot, and I guess I'll be the ultimate arbiter of that, thank you very much (when Strik3r cuts off his segment, when I'll pick up ToDW again, I shall seize all of his contributions, if that's okay. I hope it is).

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

and yeah, i know that the Rune was a less than ideal choice. So there's an answer to one of your questions: I pick the runes pretty randomly.
Except for the rune in the first render. That was picked intentionally, but not for the meaning of "Elk".

Srick3r, I think you should take the time to choose your runes better, as it would only improve the quality of the lore.
Therefore, in my opinion, the rune would be far better to symbolize the dark power of necromancy, especially since it is associated with war, and necromancers are warmongers in the DF universe.

Also I'm a raving madman.
I wrote that? Hehehe... That's fine, I'm not mad.

And Quaksna, be the raving madman, I prefer you like that. Joyful madness is all the best! :D

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Everyone being all serious talking about runes and stuff, and I'm in the background trying to turn the sun into salted pork.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Everyone being all serious talking about runes and stuff, and I'm in the background trying to turn the sun into salted pork.

A noble cause nonetheless.

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

As long you don't delve too deep into the predefined, we're good, and it will work. If you cross the border too much, the world shall not end, I'll be just pissed off  :P.
Oh... i might have, this time.

There were some unfortunate delays, owing to the far lengthier script than ever before.
So here's our first and hopefully last wall of text. I'm not proud of it.
But if nothing else, i 120% nailed Nami's characterization in this one.

However, before you can proceed, you must appreciate this picture of Nami sleeping. (This is by far the hardest pose to get to work, ever.)

Ok, you may proceed.

NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

As long you don't delve too deep into the predefined, we're good, and it will work. If you cross the border too much, the world shall not end, I'll be just pissed off  :P.
Oh... i might have, this time.

Nah, you didn't. I'll just have to study your posts in detail and then sit down and make it all fit with the rest the lore I didn't tell you yet. You're doing good.

Back to the game... Nami was sleeping. Oh, so she was a guardian of the desert rock, it all makes sense now! Jokes aside, we're being told some interesting information here but there's not much to work with, I feel. Therefore...

So what should I do then? Did you just reveal yourself so that I know this? Or is there something particular you want me to do?

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, you are going to REALLY hate the next update.
Because i'm the kind of guy who REALLY likes to shake things up.

What?! You thought I would hate it? I love it! I never expected something great as that! Everything fits together! :D

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We're so smart.

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In my excitation, I forgot to anwer the WDYD! How could I?!
So what should I do then? Did you just reveal yourself so that I know this?
+1
These are good questions.
Or is there something particular you want me to do?
Hmm... I think she wants that we find Soulcatcher and bring back the soul of Crackantler in the spirit world through the power of his inner spirit, Rufithiìlnevi. But the question is good also.

I want to ask her something else however:

Why do you say I can do without my summoning powers for a while? Are you going to remove them from me because I used them wrongly by summoning Crackantler as a wraith?

We're so smart.

Well said.

Now the only thing we need is to uncover the secret for turning the sun into salted pork. I wonder if King is well advanced in the process...

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, I just wanna know that King Zultan is still having fun, I feel he's been excluded a bit as of late.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm not a hundred percent what all's going on but I'm still having fun while I sit here trying to turn the sun into salted pork, with science!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So I can just say the moon is made of cheese and the sun is made of salted pork and it be true?

(I spent way too long on this stupid joke. I'm sorry, i'll shall now begin working on the next part. Probably out tomorrow.
Of course, me being me. It's not completely devoid of lore. So yes, it's kinda cannon. Which part? you decide :P)

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So yes, it's kinda cannon. Which part? you decide :P)

Rabbits aren't tho. Even Aztecs have a rabbit on the moon. Quite fascinating finding all these similarities in various unrelated cultures, makes you think.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 60