Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Now u habe map

Cool
Bruh that's fake news

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 59

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress -Drawings- : Tales of the Deer Wizard  (Read 144832 times)

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile

But....     but...   is the sun made...   from salted pork...    I must know.....

Little did Nami know, she caused Black severe madness.

Anyways, a while back I did a thing, when I was practicing organ play I tried to improvise on characters of ToDW. Those were on spot made up compositions, so not all of them went ideally, also the recordings are abysmal, but eh, thought you could appreciate it. If you want, listen, and tell me if it fits the cast.

Flax Proud and dark.
Blackhoof Sad and aimless.
Sas The wholesome Sas.
The Burden of Murder The sad Sas. Also possibly Blackhoof, due to the recent information.
Nami Revelation Turned on all the otherworldly registers.

Also Fate is the fiercest beast of them all organ instrumental, with some improvs.

These are actually pretty awesome, but i can never imagine ANY of Nami's tunes being that somber, no matter what.

This one features my favourite technique.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
  • Dreams of creating a great work of art.
    • View Profile

Ya mean I have to get back into the boss chair again and start actually doing something? Well, fair enough. You did very well Strik3r, you're getting a promotion, and a cookie.

On the Nami song, yeah, I wanted to do something more whimsical, and I think I did once, but the recording was far too bad so I didn't post that one. The one I did post is more about the feel of a spirit guide showing up, the situation you got us into, the otherworldly atmosphere. I'll be visiting the organ this Saturday, so I can try and give the character justice. It's really fun, improvising with a picture of something in your mind.

Can't wait for the last update!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nami is avoiding my question, she knows the truth and is hiding it!

Also what program do you use to make these things?

The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nami is avoiding my question, she knows the truth and is hiding it!

Also what program do you use to make these things?

Blender. Every step, from beginning to end. Because its just what i use for 3D modeling, rendering and compositing. You be the judge whether i'm a passable 3D modeler or not :P
I know a guy. A christian furry(whom i find to be, amazingly enough, less degenerate than regular furries.) made/makes comics with Gmod of all things.

Spoiler: Path analysis (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Nami's character (click to show/hide)

EDIT: I did promise everything would line up in the end, didin't i? Also, go (Re-)read Q's update and see how many things actually line up.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2021, 08:40:30 am by Strik3r »
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You be the judge whether i'm a passable 3D modeler or not :P
Looks way better than anything I could come up with.

I know a guy. A christian furry(whom i find to be, amazingly enough, less degenerate than regular furries.) made/makes comics with Gmod of all things.
I believe the making comics with Gmod, I mean I've watched whole videos made with it. Also what do you mean by less of a degenerate?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You be the judge whether i'm a passable 3D modeler or not :P
Looks way better than anything I could come up with.

I believe the making comics with Gmod, I mean I've watched whole videos made with it. Also what do you mean by less of a degenerate?
Haven't seen the depths of what the furry "fandom" has to offer? i wouldn't reccommend going searching for it.
What i'm saying is, the few openly christian furries i've encountered are less... there's no other word for it,  degenerate. perverse. hedonistic.
Maybe fear of God keeps them from sinking to the bottom and indulging in the worst perversions the "fandom" caters to.
Theres a reason i respect christianity, despite not believing in it.

But enough of about it, i don't really want to talk about the furries much.
I've handed the game back to Q now, so he's probably waiting on actions.
Why he's not seen it fit to post in the thread? IDK.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In case anyone forgot we were being given an opportunity to ask the wondering monk questions.

But I can't think of anything to ask right now.

IS THE SUN MADE FROM SALTED PORK?

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wraith Crackantler

(Soul-Link Telecomms),(Dark Counsel)
"Bald bastard... He knows nothing! His soul is as fat as his body... Feed his soul to me, Blackhoof! I'm hungry."

(Yes i'm RP'ing as Wraith Crackantler :P)

We could also ask the traveler about what Nami told us, after all according to her, the two hosts are to the south.

So, lets say to the wayfarer "You've traveled the south, do the words "Soulcatcher" or "Wraithcaller" ring any bells?"

Seems like the obvious thing to ask after what we've been subjected to. Just to find out whether there's any truth to what Nami said.
(Okay Q, its all in your hands now.)

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
  • Dreams of creating a great work of art.
    • View Profile

Maybe fear of God keeps them from sinking to the bottom and indulging in the worst perversions the "fandom" caters to.
Theres a reason i respect christianity, despite not believing in it.

I am very sorry.

I had to. Couldn't help myself.

But yeah let's stop talking about furries, they weird and they can sense us. If you remember while back I made that fox costume, as soon as I somewhat finished it, they laid siege to our street and started appearing out of nowhere! Could make good profit out of them, tho...

As for the update, I've begun work, for I have finally some suggestions. Also I tried to make that organ improv for Nami. I am not really good making happy songs, so it's not very good, but whatever. Stay tuned for next chapter in the story!

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

As for the update, I've begun work, for I have finally some suggestions. Also I tried to make that organ improv for Nami. I am not really good making happy songs, so it's not very good, but whatever.
No, its actually really good. its a nice, gentle song that brings to mind images of journey, of adventures, in the warm summer sun. While still remaining somewhat otherwordly.
I must be some kinda telepathic, because when i thought of making a inspirational image, thats exactly what i had in mind... Or maybe i'm just hearing what i want to hear.
Either way, its a really nice piece.

As for the next chapter: don't overwork yourself. The greatest way, i find, to lose motivation is to take on too large of a project at once. You're almost certain to get burnt out if you work on something too long without "finishing" anyting. Dont be afraid, especially with something like interactive fiction such as this to break stuff up and put out smaller updates. In fact, its probably better for engagement.
So, Yellow Pixel, if you're still around. Thats my secret on how i kept going so long with the WBG, despite writing daily I just had a lot of small chunks of varied stuff to write.
EDIT: Of course there's a balance to be kept. Work too fast, and people will feel like they're being left behind.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2021, 02:03:53 pm by Strik3r »

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I believe those are excellent advices for creative projects Strick3r. An other good way around is probably to take a little more time between each update, but then I think you need to stay well disciplined in your work.

Concerning the wayfarer, I have a strong feeling that questioning him about the Soulcatcher and the Wraithcaller will not be very conclusive: I would be surprised that a humble traveling monk would know something about such shamanic mysteries. I'm inclined to think that he's only aware of general tidings he learned in the settlements he visited on his path, like the wars afflicting dwarves, and customary notions of theology than anything else. I also think it might be wiser to not reveal our knowledge of such secrets in front of Flax, since he might not be particularly trustworthy.

However, I can't think about any important question for the monk. Maybe we could ask him something about a simple matter, for example why he's going to the great eastern wilderness, just to discover more about the world.

EDIT: So my question is: May I ask what draws you toward the great eastern wilderness?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2021, 04:52:43 pm by Yellow Pixel »

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I believe those are excellent advices for creative projects Strick3r. An other good way around is probably to take a little more time between each update, but then I think you need to stay well disciplined in your work.

Concerning the wayfarer, I have a strong feeling that questioning him about the Soulcatcher and the Wraithcaller will not be very conclusive: I would be surprised that a humble traveling monk would know something about such shamanic mysteries. I'm inclined to think that he's only aware of general tidings he learned in the settlements he visited on his path, like the wars afflicting dwarves, and customary notions of theology than anything else. I also think it might be wiser to not reveal our knowledge of such secrets in front of Flax, since he might not be particularly trustworthy.

However, I can't think about any important question for the monk. Maybe we could ask him something about a simple matter, for example why he's going to the great eastern wilderness, just to discover more about the world.

I think asking the wayfarer about why he's traveling is a good idea, you should edit your post to put it in greentext.

Also, we're really only asking him whether he's at least heard the words uttered ever. Yes i don't expect him to know the ins and outs of the two, but if he's even heard rumors, thats more than enough.

Ehh, i might as well write a bit more on Nami:

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Do you worry about Flax hearing the names Soulcatcher and Wraithcaller, or do you think it's all safe?

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Do you worry about Flax hearing the names Soulcatcher and Wraithcaller, or do you think it's all safe?

Even if Flax IS tied up with one of them, the other would be his enemy. And considering we're asking about both, he'd probably disregard it as idle curiosity at best, a rumor we've heard from somewhere.
So no, not really worried about it.

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok, so I'm fine with it.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 59