Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Now u habe map

Cool
Bruh that's fake news

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 60

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress -Drawings- : Tales of the Deer Wizard  (Read 151415 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I also think that surrendering is a bad move that'll get us killed, and vote against doing it.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I accept not to surrender now, and unquestioningly.

However, if I'm right in thinking that the Tundra Titan is a guardian of nature like we are, and that it was in reality fending off evil powers, and possibly Wraithcaller, killing it might lead to catastrophic events, and we would be partly responsible for it.

And I think that the last words of the titan tell us much:"I am protector of the sacrosanct life, ways of whom you have betrayed. And for that, you shall perish."

In effect, the titan is saying it when it is visibly furious, and in the heat of action, so I seriously doubt that it is a lie used to deceive us. It really doesn't look like that, and there is actually a lot of truth in those words: summoning a soul as a wraith is a betrayal of life. Nami told us how bad it is to do so, and that it puts the surrounding spirits in danger of being eaten. But if we get the chance to explain clearly to the titan how the summoning happened, and if it is truly a protector of life, maybe it could forgive us for it. So we should at least try opening dialogue with the titan, even if we have to talk while fighting.

Also, regarding my idea of presenting the green spirit to the titan, I agree that it would be very imprudent. When I wrote my previous post I forgot about that nasty possibility. But I believe it would be wise to tell the titan that the green spirit inside us was in distress, that it had willingly come to us when we offered it our aid, and that we are here to repair the wrong that has been done to its sacred site (we already know that the beast can detect its presence into us). As such, the titan could understand that we are also a defender of nature, and maybe we could find a common ground with it.

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
  • Dreams of creating a great work of art.
    • View Profile

. . .

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile

Awwww... You didn't have Blackhoof deliver the line... oh well, doesn't matter.

Wraith Crackantler

(Soul-Link Telecomms),(Dark Counsel)
"I can help youuuuuuu... Blackhoof."

Communicate one last time with the titan and say
"...I worry more about the spirit of whomever loses... It'd cost you nothing to leave. But if this is how you wish this to end, so be it."

Also, i'd suggest we dodge toward and under it and then try to get and stay behind it. Hopefully using it's large size against it. We're never gonna be as good of a fighter as Flax, but if we can stay where it'll have a harder time hitting us, maybe our friends can whittle it down as it seems pretty fixated on us. Maybe we'll even think of a way we can ourselves do significant damage. Still i'm a little bit worried about Sas.
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile

...dodge under it, hm?

Snow. Substrate.
Ice spike. Up.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...dodge under it, hm?

Snow. Substrate.
Ice spike. Up.

This. +1

Deliver this
"...I worry more about the spirit of whomever loses... It'd cost you nothing to leave. But if this is how you wish this to end, so be it."
line while preparing the spell, pouring as much energy into it as possible to make the ice spike as big as possible.
Then follow it straight up with an ice spike into it's belly.
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...dodge under it, hm?

Snow. Substrate.
Ice spike. Up.

This. +1

Deliver this
line while preparing the spell, pouring as much energy into it as possible to make the ice spike as big as possible.
Then follow it straight up with an ice spike into it's belly.
+1 This kind of thing is the reason that next time we're in a town we should get some kind of weapon, even if it's a knife it'll be better than nothing.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This kind of thing is the reason that next time we're in a town we should get some kind of weapon, even if it's a knife it'll be better than nothing.

Nah, why a knife? Why not a combination Spear+Magic Staff; Magical focus on one end, Sharp point of a spear on the other, with the whole thing having a suitably shamanic look... I'm thinking maybe a skull totem with some feathers as the (housing for the) magical focus, and a nice, sharp spearhead on the other end.
It's not a thing i see frequently enough in fantasy, despite it making perfect sense.

Also, Yellow Pixel didn't post yesterday, despite having been online. Hmm...

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I mainly said a knife because it would be better than the nothing we have right now, also because a knife might be easier to get then a spear in what ever town we come to next, as pretty much every town will have knives but not as many will have spears for sale.

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I mainly said a knife because it would be better than the nothing we have right now, also because a knife might be easier to get then a spear in what ever town we come to next, as pretty much every town will have knives but not as many will have spears for sale.

Ehh, you may be right. Besides, making a spear out of a dagger is easy enough, especially for a shaman if said dagger's handle happens to be made out of wood.
Then again though, spears are the most common and basic of weapons of war, even more so than swords, alongside bows. Its a pointy bit on a stick, can't really get it wrong.

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In what concerns finding better weapons, no sweat! If you remember what Flax previously said, we are going toward a bigger town than the last! But regarding the giant beast we did lure though, utterly lost to its mad anger... We are still in a fine mess! :D

Heh, heh, heh, heh...

Then, about what we should do:

I was initially going to make a proposition that could be considered more huh... How to say it? More unearthly maybe? Probably that.

But if we manage to, basically, transfix the titan's body with a fat ice spike... Basically, YES!

It appears we have been blessed with the good brainwaves of Superdorf here!

Also, one last thing... I have a question for Srik3r.

You want to say this to the Tundra Titan:

It sounds all right to me. But beyond the fatality and the fun of death, why should we worry so much about what is to happen to our spirit in the case we would lose our life?

Do you think we would forever stay bound to wraith Crackantler? Or would he only become unfettered from us and start to roam around to eat spirits? (Wich isn't nice, I agree!)

It's just a little detail I feel like I'm missing.

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Then, about what we should do:

I was initially going to make a proposition that could be considered more huh... How to say it? More unearthly maybe? Probably that.

Aww you can't just say something like that and not at least mention what that idea was. Maybe it's a good backup?
After all... The ice spike isn't guaranteed to succeed. ;)

Also, one last thing... I have a question for Srik3r.

You want to say this to the Tundra Titan:

It sounds all right to me. But beyond the fatality and the fun of death, why should we worry so much about what is to happen to our spirit in the case we would lose our life?

Do you think we would forever stay bound to wraith Crackantler? Or would he only become unfettered from us and start to roam around to eat spirits? (Wich isn't nice, I agree!)

It's just a little detail I feel like I'm missing.

Nah probably it would be eaten, but the idea that our spirit, and thus us would get stuck to crackantler is even more terrifying.
However, while i didn't really think of it while writing that line out(i just wrote it because it sounds cool), it kinda lines up with something.
Something Nami never had the chance to talk about during the encounter. When she mentioned that "Power seeding is a bit complicated" and her explaining it was supposed to be one of the alternate pages. Would there be any interest in a quick, dry explanation of the original concept?

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Aww you can't just say something like that and not at least mention what that idea was. Maybe it's a good backup?
After all... The ice spike isn't guaranteed to succeed. ;)

My idea is way more than a mere backup. It's something about raising higher powers... when nothing else remains to attempt. But the necessity to use it might come soon, and its nature shall then be revealed.

Nah probably it would be eaten

We aren't even sure though if the Tundra Titan eats spirits, but it's probably true that if we would die, the wraith form of Crackantler would at least be destroyed by the titan.

but the idea that our spirit, and thus us would get stuck to crackantler is even more terrifying.
However, while i didn't really think of it while writing that line out(i just wrote it because it sounds cool), it kinda lines up with something.
Something Nami never had the chance to talk about during the encounter. When she mentioned that "Power seeding is a bit complicated" and her explaining it was supposed to be one of the alternate pages. Would there be any interest in a quick, dry explanation of the original concept?

I also thought that the possibility of us getting stuck to Crackantler was lining up with someting. So it seems I had a good intuition!

Nevertheless, just a dry explanation of the power seeding might be a little dull. I guess it's much better to keep the explanation of the concept for the next subsequence... That's fine, I can wait for that. :D

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There won't be another subsequence, at least i don't think so. In the end i'm not happy with how that came out. And with my ongoing degradation of my skills, motivation and mental faculties, the next would be worse than the first. Maybe, maybe an idea will strike me out of the blue and i'll be inspired to do another. But right now with the flurry of updates to ToDW, i'm not even thinking about doing another.

Subsequence derived stuff beyond this point. Whether anything here is cannon, is up to Quaksna.

We aren't even sure though if the Tundra Titan eats spirits
No, you're right. It doesn't. Eating spirits is the domain of wraiths. Think of Spirits as herbivores... They graze off of the ambient energy of the spirit world, unless fed by a living soul. In which case they can grow in power.
However, Crackantler does eat spirits. However, a raw soul of a (once) living being is too "gaseous" to be eaten and dissipates too quickly, into the aether of the spirit world..

but it's probably true that if we would die, the wraith form of Crackantler would at least be destroyed by the titan.
Nope. At best a spirit can drive a wraith away, all except one(that we know of: Rufithiìnevi aka. Gravemoth), but it will always reform, even if completely destroyed. No, a wraith needs to be purified of the dark energy, then be allowed to dissipate, to destroy it.
There was a kernel of truth in Crackantlers dark counsel. He is free, in a sense, from death.

I also thought that the possibility of us getting stuck to Crackantler was lining up with someting. So it seems I had a good intuition!

Nevertheless, just a dry explanation of the power seeding might be a little dull. I guess it's much better to keep the explanation of the concept for the next subsequence... That's fine, I can wait for that. :D
Sorry, i worded that badly. I meant that those words unintentionally lined up with the whole "power seeding" thing from the subsequence.

Also, i am incredibly conflicted about revealing the full truth of it BTW. It IS a pretty big twist and spoilerific thing. I kinda wrote up an actual little story for it, but as i said, i'm conflicted about posting it right now, as it could actually decrease the enjoyment of the story for everyone if i were to reveal it.
Please advise.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2021, 02:14:55 pm by Strik3r »

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
  • Dreams of creating a great work of art.
    • View Profile

Ohohoho, Strik3r has them twists!!!  :P

This is gonna be interesting...

. . .

« Last Edit: January 20, 2022, 04:45:06 pm by Quaksna »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 60