Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Now u habe map

Cool
Bruh that's fake news

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 60

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress -Drawings- : Tales of the Deer Wizard  (Read 151353 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

+1 To idle chatting.

Also we should ask for more details about the town we're heading to.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

+1 To idle chatting.

Also we should ask for more details about the town we're heading to.

+1

A good walk and a nice chat is all we need after our last ordeal!

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
  • Dreams of creating a great work of art.
    • View Profile

. . .

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2021, 06:33:27 am by Quaksna »

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile

"Of which world are you? Of the living, or of the spirits?"

"And what compelled your desire to speak to me in particular?"
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

+1

Good questions, indeed...

What a lovely update! :D

It's full of tasty bits of lore, and I like the various facial expressions of the characters!

Also, in the dream... the atmosphere is so mystifying with the blurriness and the enveloping shadows...

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

+1

Good questions, indeed...
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, in the dream... the atmosphere is so mystifying with the blurriness and the enveloping shadows...

Well it better be, it's more maddening than the spirit vision :P

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

DratdratdratdratDRAT...!

Okay... The Wraithcaller, like blackhoof, has, at least according to Nami, a patron/inhabiting great spirit, Veno.
Thing is i haven't created or really fully even planned out the model for Veno. I'm currently in an annoying weird position where any motivation for anything has evaporated away completely.

From what i remember from my mental notes for Veno's appereance: He's, like all of the Eighteen Fragments, small, no larger than a small child, owing to his origin. Also like all of the Fragments, he has the appereance of an anthropomorphic hybrid creature, in Veno's case, he was supposed to be a hybrid of a vulture and a mustelid, having a vulture-like beak and legs while his upper limbs are supposed to look more badger-like, ending in large, wicked claws. He was planned to have no wings and a really fluffy tail like a skunk, even featuring two white stripes running along the back all the way down the tail. Obviously his fur is supposed to be black, and clumped together, almost having a feather-like appereance. Also obviously he was supposed to have purple eyes, as all of the Eighteen are color-coded to an extent.

Okay, anyway, onto the action

Scoff at him "Wraithcaller...?! Veno's plaything..."
"I would rather suffer the wraith than let YOU, and your master, have him! He was my friend, and he deserves to rest in peace."
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

From what i remember from my mental notes for Veno's appearance [...] he was supposed to be a hybrid of a vulture and a mustelid.

Oh yes! It's a neat idea. But why not making him a hybrid between a vulture and a wolverine? (a wolveture, or a vulturine...)

After all, the wolverine is the most rad of all mustelids and the two animals are (mainly) scavengers. And also, real life wolverines are extremely ferocious, have very wicked claws, a really fluffy tail and pale sides, sometimes nearly white.

"I would rather suffer the wraith than let YOU, and your master, have him! He was my friend, and he deserves to rest in peace."
+1

Perfect retort!

But watch out: mad cackling incoming...
« Last Edit: July 29, 2021, 05:24:52 pm by Yellow Pixel »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

+1

Perfect retort!

But watch out: mad cackling incoming...
+1

I also like the sound of the wolverine/vulture creature.

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh yes! It's a neat idea. But why not making him a hybrid between a vulture and a wolverine? (a wolveture, or a vulturine...)

After all, the wolverine is the most rad of all mustelids and the two animals are (mainly) scavengers. And also, real life wolverines are extremely ferocious, have very wicked claws, a really fluffy tail and pale sides, sometimes nearly white.
I also like the sound of the wolverine/vulture creature.

I have no problems with this, this kinda stuff is helpful to dial in Veno's specific appereance. Now the question is, does Q like the idea too?

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Die fok is 'n wolverine  :P

I myself am much more familiar with badgers, the european Meles ones of course, but we just had one a while back... I'll consider it.

Also what is a mustelid

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Die fok is 'n wolverine  :P

I myself am much more familiar with badgers, the european Meles ones of course, but we just had one a while back... I'll consider it.

Also what is a mustelid

Per Wikipedia: The Mustelidae are a family of carnivorous mammals, including weasels, badgers, otters, ferrets, martens, minks and wolverines, among others.

Moreover, I want to point out that in my last post I said that the wolverine is the most rad of all mustelids, but I forgot about another that maybe you know about: the honey badger, that lives in Africa and Asia. This animal is incredible, since it willingly raids beehives and predates venomous snakes like cobras and black mambas. And when it does, it generally is unaffected by the stings or the bites thanks to its incredibly tough skin. But sometimes, the snake venom will get into its blood, and then, the honey badger can die, but it will often rather fall in some sort of coma for up to several hours, wake up, and finish eating the snake, seemingly like if nothing happened. So we can definitely say that this mustelid is also extremely rad, even if we most probably won't see one in ToDW...

And specifically about Meles badgers, what do you mean by "but we just had one a while back"? Do you mean that you and your family had a bad experience with a badger, so now you can't stand badgers, just like monkeys? :)

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also stoats. Stoats are also rad. Nami is one-half stoat. Used to be a fox, but i find foxes too typical as far as anthropomorphic critters go, and thought being half-stoat fit her better. The other half's an unspecified serpent, possibly some kind of viper.

Oh, did i forgot to write the post out correctly in my haste? That part of Veno WAS originally a honey badger, but i just guess i just didn't write that part in...  :-[ I don't like how short their tails are, and i want Veno to have long and floofy tail.
I did mention the other part of him was a vulture. Again unspecified. Egyptian vultures are my personally favourite vultures, and also among my favourite birds, but i don't know if that's what i'd want Veno to be.

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also what is a mustelid
Per Wikipedia: The Mustelidae are a family of carnivorous mammals, including weasels, badgers, otters, ferrets, martens, minks and wolverines, among others.

Oh no no, stop, mission abort, that was a joke xD

And specifically about Meles badgers, what do you mean by "but we just had one a while back"? Do you mean that you and your family had a bad experience with a badger, so now you can't stand badgers, just like monkeys? :)

The titan was supposed to resemble an european badger, with the color scheme and so, which Blackhoof wouldn't know cause they don't live over there. The only one I saw was on a pilgrimage to Wambierzyce and his coat was green, as he was rotting dead next to the road. But hey yeah are they impressive, definitely my favorite mustelid. Mustelid sounds so dumb you guys, I am gonna call them weasleborns or something. Well anyway I like them more than the honey ones, but that might be because they aren't very familiar to me OH WAIT THEY LIVE IN SUID AFRIKA I LOVE EM

Also Pixel, I love how you're aware of every dumb post I make, it makes my day everytime.

In other news the next update's gonna take a while, partly because it isn't planned out as of yet and also I am returning home, where I have something of a lil' job. Very good for my sanity but very impractical for ToDW, can't draw that much. Have fun till then!
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 60