Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Now u habe map

Cool
Bruh that's fake news

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 60

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress -Drawings- : Tales of the Deer Wizard  (Read 152103 times)

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress -Drawings- : Tales of the Deer Wizard
« Reply #630 on: October 10, 2022, 06:05:31 am »

We could talk to them for a bit about the local area and stuff then when they're relaxed around us we could kill them, or we could wait until night and release the prisoner. Might need to find out how many people are in their party before we enact any of these plans though as they might have some other members out gathering supplies.

Also why are there so many lurkers but only the three of us posting on this, this is a high quality story we have going here you'd think it get more people participating.

You know, i like this idea -- take it slow and steady --, Talk to them, look around the area, anything that could give us some leverage in the negotiations, maybe even get them to let us talk to the captive herself.
That way we can also stick around and ensure the prisoner is treated fairly. If she's not, or the men start to get objections to us hanging around, we can safely assume they're up to no good, and move onto more direct solutions. But i still prefer the idea of getting them to release the prisoner by themselves. Less likely to bite us in the ass later, if nothing else.

And i'm not one to speculate on the reasons as to why there's not as many participants in this thread as could be.
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: October 11, 2022, 03:39:51 am »

Then let the diplomacy begin!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
  • Dreams of creating a great work of art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: October 16, 2022, 07:14:18 am »

. . .

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: October 17, 2022, 04:33:21 am »

Lets start with some basic questions then work our way up to bigger stuff, can't try anything right now since those guys are watching us.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: October 17, 2022, 04:42:48 am »

Lets start with some basic questions then work our way up to bigger stuff, can't try anything right now since those guys are watching us.
+1

Lets not forget to introduce ourselves first as well, though.
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: October 22, 2022, 01:03:28 pm »

. . .

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: October 23, 2022, 03:39:04 am »

Continue the questions and also try to find out what she was looking for on the corpses.

Also what is the little white critter anyway?

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: October 23, 2022, 04:03:39 am »

Continue the questions and also try to find out what she was looking for on the corpses.

Yeah i noticed too, that nobody present has told us what she is yet. Probably because they don't know themselves.
I think a case could be made, that since no one apparently can place her accent or tell us what she even is, she's from a place so foreign that would have no interest in spying on whatever kingdom we're in, due to it's distance. Besides, considering how wimpy she appears to be, she doesn't exactly strike me as a trained spy, especially seeing how she got caught, apparently by a bunch of rank-and-file soldiers.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: October 24, 2022, 03:58:14 am »

Yeah i noticed too, that nobody present has told us what she is yet. Probably because they don't know themselves.
I think a case could be made, that since no one apparently can place her accent or tell us what she even is, she's from a place so foreign that would have no interest in spying on whatever kingdom we're in, due to it's distance. Besides, considering how wimpy she appears to be, she doesn't exactly strike me as a trained spy, especially seeing how she got caught, apparently by a bunch of rank-and-file soldiers.
Sounds good to me let's go with this.

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: November 05, 2022, 06:53:55 am »

Sorry for the bit of a delay, got wild with the script again, and was out on a vacation on top. Couldn't halve this in any sensible way, so here you have a bigger update for two weeks instead.

Aside from that, there are more pressing matters. As you're surely aware, Yellow Pixel has let us know that his days are numbered. I didn't want to discuss this much publicly, as I would much more like to PM him, and frankly, I didn't have anything to say. So I did message him. He answered back with a message quite cryptic, as he had written he would, I have an idea what he could have meant, still rather elusive. The part that was clear, I asked him if he had a wish, and he wanted me to make a song, with certain words in it. I did so, and the day I've sent it to him, was the last day he was active on the forums, a couple days before the date he had given us. I can only hope he liked it. I don't think I have more to say, it quite got to me.

I cannot put this more eloquently than Superdorf did: Pixel, friend, thanks for being with us, and see you in the next bit. Whenever and wherever that may be.

. . .

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: November 06, 2022, 03:51:02 am »

I hope Yellow Pixel is still alive and kicking.

Lets ask her about her home lands and what brought her here, maybe she'll tell us stuff now that she isn't tied to a tree.

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: November 06, 2022, 04:29:02 am »

I too hope that Yellow Pixel is okay. I tried to coax anything out of him that might let me better understand what he was going through. But alas i got nothing of the sort. Although, the one message i did get from him leaves me with some hope. I would forward it to both of you, but Pixels asked me to keep the message's contents a secret and i shall obey his wishes.

Lets ask her about her home lands and what brought her here, maybe she'll tell us stuff now that she isn't tied to a tree.
+1, this.

Also, it seems we might have some questions for Flax as well. During the negotiation, he let slip about some place called the Blood Isle. Lets ask him about that.

By the way, Q, this one was particularly excellent! the only thing i don't like... Is that there'll be a whole week until the next one!  :)) But please, absolutely do not rush anything!

And i particularly liked

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: November 13, 2022, 10:38:19 am »

. . .

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: November 13, 2022, 07:38:43 pm »

Hey guys - don't post here much, but I like to keep an eye on things anyhow :)

Help the nice ermine (?) lady pick out a name for herself. Names are important!
Besides, she's not a vagrant anymore, she's part of our herd. It's a weird herd, but it's ours all the same.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: November 14, 2022, 03:19:20 am »

Sounds like we need to get the wee one a name, I'm sure our guys can come up with something good.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 60