Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Now u habe map

Cool
Bruh that's fake news

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 60

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress -Drawings- : Tales of the Deer Wizard  (Read 152139 times)

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
  • Dreams of creating a great work of art.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress -Drawings- : Tales of the Deer Wizard
« Reply #660 on: December 11, 2022, 02:15:11 pm »

I am still in touch with Strik3r, however unpleasant this might be, and it does piss me off a great deal, I will forward his replies here. Sorry for the blurry grainy nature of today's update, getting to find proper lighting for a forest scene is quite maddening. See Zultan, this in part is why I prefer the pictures smaller, easier to make photographs. I'll probably have to redo some of these - some are harder to look at close to screen...

. . .

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2022, 01:20:29 pm by Quaksna »

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: December 11, 2022, 05:31:26 pm »

Our enemy has too much control over the playing field right now. They've both good cover and good visibility.

Let's fix that. Burn the overgrowth with spirit fire - our allies can strike from the smoke.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2022, 01:24:06 pm by Superdorf »
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: December 12, 2022, 04:56:49 am »

Setting fire to the brush might be just as much a disadvantage to us as it to them, what about using a wind spirit to blow the brush over and hopefully even knock their projectiles off course?

I am still in touch with Strik3r, however unpleasant this might be, and it does piss me off a great deal, I will forward his replies here. Sorry for the blurry grainy nature of today's update, getting to find proper lighting for a forest scene is quite maddening. See Zultan, this in part is why I prefer the pictures smaller, easier to make photographs. I'll probably have to redo some of these - some arre hard to look at close to screen...
What pisses you off about it is it Strik3r getting banned or something else?

I was just curious as to why you used that size and it makes since with that reasoning.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: December 12, 2022, 11:33:39 am »

What pisses you off about it is it Strik3r getting banned or something else?

I was just curious as to why you used that size and it makes since with that reasoning.

Well now that you say it both, but it was meant in the Strik3r context. Specifically, the ban was uncalled for. Why do I make pictures that will make the process too hard for me down the line, well, waves of sudden retardation what can I say

Now I really should have forwarded Strik3r's message a bit earlier, I've underestimated my timetable. But here we are:

Sonic Strik3r says:

I seriously wonder what they meant by "thine name is a curse"... Possible misunderstanding caused by dialect differences, or another bunch of people who don't like wizards? Getting real sick of those.

Take another step back. Will the sleeping roots below the snow to awaken and burst up from the ground. Impale or entangle our foes!

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: December 12, 2022, 01:24:52 pm »

Setting fire to the brush might be just as much a disadvantage to us as it to them

Hrm, fair

Take another step back. Will the sleeping roots below the snow to awaken and burst up from the ground. Impale or entangle our foes!

+1

klonk
Sigtext

TeaKing

• Bay Watcher
  • the ruler of tea kind!
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: December 12, 2022, 06:55:14 pm »

What if we set fire to the elk and deer after entangling/impaling them? Deer Barbecue sounds tasty as hell

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: December 13, 2022, 02:50:47 am »

+1 Sounds good to me.

What if we set fire to the elk and deer after entangling/impaling them? Deer Barbecue sounds tasty as hell
That'd be cannibalism.

Specifically, the ban was uncalled for.
Yeah as far as I can tell it was some bullshit, but I have no idea as to what we could do about it or if they'd even listen to us. Also how have you been talking to him?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: December 17, 2022, 09:45:24 am »

Also how have you been talking to him?

postcards

Also hi TeaKing, enjoy your stay.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2023, 01:10:53 pm by Quaksna »

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: December 17, 2022, 11:12:37 am »

Strik3r says:

While i'd very much want to interrogate this deer man, Sas is in too much trouble for us to waste time faffing about. A spear to the gut is among the worst injuries one can receive.

Abandon all caution. Parry or dodge the last one's spear and finish him with a decisive strike, either decapitate him or slide the blade between his ribs. Then rush to help Sas.

TeaKing

• Bay Watcher
  • the ruler of tea kind!
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: December 17, 2022, 11:58:14 am »

Also hi TeaKing, enjoy your stay.
thanks!
anyway, the guy has a spear, presumably a wooden one, so why not use it against him with our wood magic? make him stuck even more/impale him with his own weapon, and then finish him off quickly?
then we can run to sas and the rest of the team

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: December 18, 2022, 02:42:56 am »

Abandon all caution. Parry or dodge the last one's spear and finish him with a decisive strike, either decapitate him or slide the blade between his ribs. Then rush to help Sas.

+1

Magical healing time, when we get the chance. Be very careful to stop the bleeding as we draw out the spearhead.

klonk
Sigtext

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: December 18, 2022, 04:32:13 am »

+1

Magical healing time, when we get the chance. Be very careful to stop the bleeding as we draw out the spearhead.

+1 Also don't pull the spear out until we're ready to do the magic as the speak keeping things in place a and pulling it early can cause unnecessary damage.

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: December 24, 2022, 12:52:46 pm »

Merry Christmas everyone!
I was too busy preparing a singular elaborate troll present so there's not much I can share with you lot, however, it wouldn't be very nice to not sit down together regardless and be mindful of the true message of this glorious feast, the day, the turning event which was to change the course of history forever, which I present to you, elevating its deepest and most profound essence:

Now that's done and over with, I hope I'll get an episode out tomorrow as usual, if not, St. Stephen it is. Have a nice time, and thanks for sticking through another year.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: December 24, 2022, 02:27:24 pm »

Aaa that made my afternoon :D

Spoiler: meanwhile (click to show/hide)

klonk
Sigtext

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: December 25, 2022, 04:28:59 am »

A thing of beauty.

And Marry Christmas all!
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 60