Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Now u habe map

Cool
Bruh that's fake news

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 60

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress -Drawings- : Tales of the Deer Wizard  (Read 152216 times)

TeaKing

• Bay Watcher
  • the ruler of tea kind!
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress -Drawings- : Tales of the Deer Wizard
« Reply #705 on: February 06, 2023, 08:56:50 am »

im surprised no one has asked this before (i think)
but wouldnt it be nice to have a map?
i find the lack of maps and knowledge of what the world looks like a bit annoying
so why not ask flax or our hosts for one? or where we could go to get one?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2023, 09:57:49 am by TeaKing »

Strif3

• Bay Watcher
  • The vulture on your shoulder
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: February 06, 2023, 10:15:54 am »

That is a good idea. But i'd doubt our current hosts nor Flax have anything of the sort to offer. Else Flax probably would already have shared a map with us. Perhaps we should ask in a library or something? They might have copies. Though we might not reach such a place for a while yet.

(Thing is though- Quaksna himself probably doesn't have the world mapped out like that. Can't show a map that doesn't exist yet. We might get a map at some point but lets give Q time to make one. I could probably help chart out the world for him using FMG but that would be a lot of back and forth between us to make sure i get all the details right, so i'm not sure it'd be much faster.)
Freedom is not a spectrum.
Put me in chains, or stop telling me what to do.

TeaKing

• Bay Watcher
  • the ruler of tea kind!
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: February 06, 2023, 10:51:10 am »

to clarify, when i said "ask flax for a map" i meant that we'll ask him to keep a mental note of it so that we could get one whenever we can in the future

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: February 07, 2023, 02:15:51 am »

Kind of strange that Flax doesn't have a map, but it matters not as we can probably get one at that town we're heading towards.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
  • Dreams of creating a great work of art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: February 12, 2023, 09:39:58 am »

. . .

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2023, 09:53:33 am by Quaksna »

Strif3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: February 12, 2023, 11:21:13 am »

I have no doubt we'll have plenty to do here in town, and will no doubt discover even more as we continue our stay. This place seems like it's bustling with activity. First of all those "draft pockets", whatever the hell those are. Since i have no idea, i propose acting all confused about them. Afterwards we know we have at least a few things ahead of us.

Of course, we'll need to go to the library as well, or somewhere, chiefly in regards to both the map and the stoat girl's talisman, considering it has stumped us thus far. Maybe we can find a legitimate scholar (or at least a lead on one) who could help us with it. Maybe we could ask around, see if there are any renowned ones in this town. I also remember something about her wanting to get rid of the spear she picked up, or at least it's tip. If that's what she wants, she probably has a pretty good reason for it. And i've gotta say, now that i'm looking at it. The spear looks a little oversized for her.

Speaking of spears, we also need ourselves a new staff, probably can get the materials for constructing the spear-staff here. Need to find a bonecarver for the bird skull, a sturdy length of wood for the haft and a slender dagger for the bottom spike. Then merge 'em all together using our plant-growth magic for our brand new staff. Can finally stop using swords and axes.

Then, since we're probably gonna be leaving the snowier lands soon, it might be time to change out our cloaks. In a green area, we'll stick out like a sore thumb in our white cloaks, will also probably get pretty toasty, considering how thick these cloaks are. I think our vagrant friend has the right idea in that regard. Nice and earth toned, and not as thick. Maybe we should discuss clothing with her.
Sas too, lets see if he has any ideas regarding what we might need from the town, overall.

This is a general plan for things i feel we should accomplish while in town. Of course, as the situation develops, i'm sure our plan will change along with it. But i think we're here for a bit of a longer stay than Flax expects.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: February 13, 2023, 04:05:33 am »

First of all those "draft pockets", whatever the hell those are. Since i have no idea, i propose acting all confused about them.
+1 I also have no idea what a draft pocket is.

I don't get the need for a spear, but if you think we need one then go for it but don't get rid of the axe as there are situations where a spear isn't workable.

Also we should get a wide brimmed hat to protect our eyes.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Strif3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: February 13, 2023, 04:19:49 am »

The need is for a staff, which we lost... some time ago now. The idea of giving it a sharp point on the bottom is just to create a staff with some extra utility. A combination weapon- primarily a staff. The bird skull totem on top is also there to act as a bit of a conduit for our magical powers, to potentially focus it slightly better... Might need to be enchanted though...
As for the axe, let Flax hold it then. Swords and axes aren't our weapons.

And if King Zultan wants a hat, a hat we shall have. I'm not sure how it'll fit on our head though... considering the antlers.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: February 14, 2023, 02:37:15 am »

If we want a point on the staff couldn't we take the spear tip from the little one's spear since she doesn't want it?

And if King Zultan wants a hat, a hat we shall have. I'm not sure how it'll fit on our head though... considering the antlers.
I'm sure we'll have to get a custom one but in a town this big I'm sure someone here knows how do to make one.

Strif3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: February 14, 2023, 03:30:30 am »

If we want a point on the staff couldn't we take the spear tip from the little one's spear since she doesn't want it?
That could work. Though i am slightly concerned that the spear tip might be too large, and be too unwieldy. A dagger or a knife was called for because of it's slimmer blade, smaller profile, and ostensibly better cutting characteristics, ironically. And assuming we find one that is well made, will hold up a lot better.
Though, we'll decide how we proceed as we go along. I'm tempted to take the spear-tip option though, just to stick it to Flax. :P Screw him for thinking he can order everyone around, as if we're just a bunch of soldiers at his beck and call.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2023, 03:32:06 am by Strif3 »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: February 14, 2023, 04:51:11 am »

I thought we were wanting the knife to use as a tool rather than as part of the spear?

I'm tempted to take the spear-tip option though, just to stick it to Flax.
+1 Just because we travel in the same group doesn't mean we have to do everything he says.

Strif3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: February 14, 2023, 05:07:05 am »

Ah, it'd still retain its tool functionality as a part of the staff. Although maybe not as suitable then for very precise work, it'll still be useful for general cutting and impaling. Not to mention as a weapon. That's the point, to have a bunch of useful functions in a single staff. A very multi-purpose tool, and more than just a weapon.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: February 14, 2023, 05:16:34 am »

I get it now, like a Swiss army staff.

Strif3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: February 14, 2023, 05:28:34 am »

A perfect tool for a resourceful shaman. And there's a bunch of upgrades we could make to it later on.

TeaKing

• Bay Watcher
  • the ruler of tea kind!
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: February 18, 2023, 09:37:45 am »

While we're at it, why not combine the staff with our axe and just make a poleaxe?

Although its kinda too late for that now, since Quaksna already started work on the game
« Last Edit: February 18, 2023, 02:32:48 pm by TeaKing »
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 60