Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Slaves to armok stuff  (Read 17120 times)

saiyanwannabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Slaves to armok stuff
« on: December 01, 2019, 05:32:14 am »

there is a lot of info on the old site but no working downloads, all links are dead and I cant find any leads for files to download that other players made, like the old submissions page. any links or tips for me?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2019, 12:35:16 am by saiyanwannabe »

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wayback Slaves to armok
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2019, 01:01:24 am »

Wayback Slaves to armok? Sorry, don't know that game...

saiyanwannabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2019, 10:25:33 am »

The game is Slaves to Armok: God of Blood and it is pretty fun and very unique but it was abandoned to develop Slaves to Armok: God of Blood Chapter 2: Dwarf Fortress, or just Dwarf Fortress for short.

SlatersQuest

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2019, 04:20:37 pm »

Sorry, I've never played it

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2019, 01:04:55 pm »

Seems to me that the downloads still work, though I have no idea about the player submissions.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

saiyanwannabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2019, 12:34:38 am »

thats only the most recent version, all the older versions are unable to be found, unless they are a different url that isnt listed on the site, I like this game a lot and I hate seeing it be completely dead 

LarsDudestein

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2019, 03:05:42 am »

thats only the most recent version, all the older versions are unable to be found, unless they are a different url that isnt listed on the site, I like this game a lot and I hate seeing it be completely dead

Same. It’s janky as all hell but such a weird wonder. I’ve been meaning to dive into the editor and mess around with it, see what happens and what strange things occur. I wanted to play with the UI art and maybe make a custom UI. Who knows, maybe I could put out the first Slaves to Armok “mod”.  8) 8)

saiyanwannabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Slaves to armok stuff
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2020, 12:57:01 am »

I would be very interested in a mod if you make one, but Im not sure if the editor works in this version.

MoltenIdol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2020, 01:37:05 pm »

Recently made a thread about getting access to the sourcecode:

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=176185.msg8129024#msg8129024

And another (sorry for the double post):

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=176183.0

I tried to find a working email for toady (some said i shouldnt bother pestering him on the subject), but i don't know if i actually managed to send him one.

The one email on the bay12 site dont seem to exist anymore, other places i click on an email link, only to be met with my inbuild windows email app wanting me to make an account, which i for some reason cant.

Do any of you know a valid email to reach dear Tarn?

PS: Another guy made a subreddit for Slaves to Armok: god of blood 1

https://www.reddit.com/r/armokgodofblood/

For those of you who havent tried it, Its a procedrally generated 3D world with biomes and some creatures, ypu have animations in the game, yu can cast spell and wield weapons and clothes, and lots of other fun.
Its has that special charm, as you will notice when you try it for yourself.
So check it out and tell me that if don't want more.

http://www.bay12games.com/armok/download.html
« Last Edit: April 21, 2020, 01:57:25 pm by MoltenIdol »

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2020, 02:18:01 pm »

The one email on the bay12 site dont seem to exist anymore, other places i click on an email link, only to be met with my inbuild windows email app wanting me to make an account, which i for some reason cant.
Just recently (last month) I had to send an email to Tarn, and I had immediate joy with the obvious contact details plucked straight from the website. I can't imagine that changed since, so maybe have another look?

Your other problem is maybe something for The Generic Computer Advice Thread, over in General, but sounds like your browser's default behaviour on clicking an email URI is to open some 'default' email software (or maybe redirect to a web-based portal) that you haven't set up, when you actually use another one (which you or the place you got your machine configured set up with such arcanery as the POP3 servers and required passwords).

That probably needs more looking into and some settings changing (configure things according to your use, not how the machine thinks you use them), and you must have valid email somehow in order to have registered to the forum, but that is for the Computer Advice thread to mull over, not here. Or if you have difficulty copy-pasting the Contacts address across, in solving your first issue.

(Tarn/Toady was certainly happy to quickly reply to me, on an issue that was mostly my problem. From what I already know about the question you ask, it's likely you won't exactly get a 'solution' but if the reply isn't friendly I would be very surprised.)