Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13

Author Topic: Proc Gen Mafia 3 - Game Over - Mafia Win!  (Read 33519 times)

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
Re: Proc Gen Mafia 3 - Day 1 - Hammerings to Continue Until Morale Improves
« Reply #60 on: December 18, 2019, 09:50:57 pm »

Okay I feel like this “emotional manipulation” stuff is really useless, your going directly against the person itself rather than the “character”, and by that I mean town or “scum”, which I believe their is 3 scum out of the nine, or two or four, don’t know. Anyways, I feel like the problem is that people are being vindictive on the previous mafia games they had, and clouding their judgement on past Salt.

Yeah usually the Mafia Games I play have a day one night before the lynching, because it kinda makes sense to lynch people based on actual murder rather than conspiracy of murder night one. Obviously IceyTea has been suspicious and really hasn’t done anything beneficial to alleviate, unless your throwing why not confirm with other towns that you aren’t a scum?. I already told you suspicions based on the knowledge we got from this thread

IceyTea hasn’t even read his role yet and hasn’t done much to make him not suspicious to the town, and Tric confirms a useless role and doesn’t tell what the role does, either he’s hiding a powerful role he doesn’t want scum to know and use it for latter or is a scum in hiding. What other suspicions do we have?, that Persus was aggressive with voting or something?
« Last Edit: December 18, 2019, 09:53:37 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 18, 2019, 09:51:46 pm »

FallacyofUrist: If you had to cast a hammervote *right now*, who would you lynch? Why?
Your post here has the distinction of being the very first post made during this game. If I were to answer as though the game was in the state it was when you made that post, I would be very out of luck, possessing no data to base my guess upon. I would choose any player but myself at random - the term of your hypothetical says right now after all.

Now, if we take the phrase 'right now' to mean 'at the time of answering this question'... then it would be logical to say that I should hammer vote whoever looks the most opposed to town, yes?

So I will answer this question at the end of this post.

I was hoping to gain insight into which of us you consider least helpful as town, or most dangerous as scum, or some combination of the two-- under the assumption you'd be answering without additional information. (An oversight on my part!)

It was an RVS question, nothing more.

Superdorf: By doing this you have made yourself a potential mafia target, if you are town-aligned, as the mafia will not want this information to be available to the player base. Isn't this... a bit risky? Valuable yes, but potentially risky.

Ahh, but here's the beautiful thing. If mafia decides to kill me now that I've had my say... I'll have had my say! My death will confirm the veracity of my information!

I've set a delightful little "choose-the-lesser-of-two-evils" situation for mafia, and I've made D1 a little more interesting for all of us. Maybe there's a more optimal path I could have taken... but I'm quite content with this one. ^-^

I'm not sure, but I think I got a randomly chosen list of half the powers, then got a second randomly chosen list of half the powers.
How are you not certain of this?

I was told I could get a list of half the action names in play-- I was not told how that list was selected. I'm working under the assumption that it's random, but I don't know for sure.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 18, 2019, 10:00:53 pm »

Okay I feel like this “emotional manipulation” stuff is really useless, your going directly againstthe person itself rather than the “character”, and by that I mean town or “scum”, which I believe their is 3 scum out of the nine, or two or four, don’t know. Anyways, I feel like the problem is that people are being vindictive on the previous mafia games they had, and clouding their judgement on past Salt.
Welcome to Bay12 mafia. =P

What other suspicions do we have?, that Persus was aggressive with voting or something?

Your choice of words concerns me. You speak of suspicions "we" have-- why the "we"? Why so quick to take up others' suspicions as your own? Devise your own suspicions, and question accordingly.

But to clarify: Persus voted IcyTea because (if I'm understanding correctly) of the unscrupulous "emotional manipulation" IcyTea employed as scum in a past game. This seems an illogical reason to vote someone-- hence the suspicion.

klonk
Sigtext

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 18, 2019, 10:17:59 pm »

dolores: Generally speaking, how transparent should a town player strive to be in action and motivation? Conversely, in what situations might a townie reasonably employ gambits, secret ploys, and the like?

Naturegirl1999: It suddenly occurs to me that I really want more words out of you. Who are you looking at right now for a potential lynching? Who comes off as relatively trustworthy?

And uh IcyTea

Is that a response or an accusation?

I don't want to enter N1 without knowing your alignment. Why do you seem content to do the reverse?
It's an observation which dodges the question without answering it.

ignore my last question to you please-- I missed this in my evening thread-trawling.   ::)

Instead I'm going to ask you the same question I asked dolores, 'cos it's a question I feel all you secretive experienced folk might have worthwhile answers to. When might a town player choose to play with his cards "close to the chest", as it were?

klonk
Sigtext

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 18, 2019, 10:18:57 pm »

Ahh, but here's the beautiful thing. If mafia decides to kill me now that I've had my say... I'll have had my say! My death will confirm the veracity of my information!

I've set a delightful little "choose-the-lesser-of-two-evils" situation for mafia, and I've made D1 a little more interesting for all of us. Maybe there's a more optimal path I could have taken... but I'm quite content with this one. ^-^
The problem of course being that if you are town and you survive till the next day, you can census again and reveal even more information to town. With every death that occurs the likelihood of your role being confirmed or at least made more likely to be true increases as the death information may match your census information. Why would the mafia care if your death reveals the truth of your information when you're going to be releasing even more information over time? If you are a town player and being truthful you've made yourself an attractive target towards mafia, simply for the sake of cutting off your flow of information.

If you are not killed by Day 2, my suspicion would be either that you are mafia, you correctly planned for a town player to protect you, or the scum are leaving you alive as a risky gambit.

I was told I could get a list of half the action names in play-- I was not told how that list was selected. I'm working under the assumption that it's random, but I don't know for sure.
To clarify my question, I wasn't asking about the randomness of the list, I was asking about the 'second randomly chosen list of half the powers' part. I meant to ask how are you not certain about that part.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 18, 2019, 10:33:03 pm »

The problem of course being that if you are town and you survive till the next day, you can census again and reveal even more information to town. With every death that occurs the likelihood of your role being confirmed or at least made more likely to be true increases as the death information may match your census information. Why would the mafia care if your death reveals the truth of your information when you're going to be releasing even more information over time? If you are a town player and being truthful you've made yourself an attractive target towards mafia, simply for the sake of cutting off your flow of information.

That's... fair

I was excited about my role, I was excited about the game starting-- I made my decision like two minutes after I got my role! Maybe... maybe I jumped the gun on this one. :-\

Ah well. I'll just have to get all my scumhunting done ASAP, with readlists and such! We'll see what happens after that.

To clarify my question, I wasn't asking about the randomness of the list, I was asking about the 'second randomly chosen list of half the powers' part. I meant to ask how are you not certain about that part.
Ohh. I am certain of that part! I asked for two lists, I got two lists, and I combined the information from both to make my post. I should've made that more clear.

klonk
Sigtext

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 18, 2019, 11:16:28 pm »

Ohh. I am certain of that part! I asked for two lists, I got two lists, and I combined the information from both to make my post. I should've made that more clear.
If you don't mind me asking, what were the contents of the individual lists?
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 18, 2019, 11:52:10 pm »

First list was a prime/ignite, a brainwash, and a save. Second list was two prime/ignites and an infection.

With that, I take my leave for the evening. Happy scumhunting all!

klonk
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 19, 2019, 12:27:59 am »

Naturegirl1999: It suddenly occurs to me that I really want more words out of you. Who are you looking at right now for a potential lynching? Who comes off as relatively trustworthy?[/quite]
I’m thinking Persus13 might be suspicious due to voting someone based exclusively on past behaviors rather than using behavior in this game and/or comparing behaviors in this game to previous games. Previous games alone are not a valid reason to vote someone for the current game. Possibly Shadowclaw because of minimal posts, however this can be due to newness. Newness could also be a cover for scum, in my first game I was scum. I played like a bad town player who didn’t know what they were doing so they thought I was town. Perhaps Shadowclaw is using a similar strategy? As for who I think is trustworthy, you gave information on roles in the game. If you are indeed telling the truth instead of giving fake information, I would trust you. I also find FallacyofUrist trustworthy due to the many questions.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 19, 2019, 12:49:52 am »

FallacyofUrist:
Superdorf: By doing this you have made yourself a potential mafia target, if you are town-aligned, as the mafia will not want this information to be available to the player base. Isn't this... a bit risky? Valuable yes, but potentially risky. Of course if you were mafia you would have nothing to fear.
The issue with this line of thinking is, what's the Mafia going to do about it? The info is out there, but its not like killing Superdorf will take that away, and roles don't mean anything towards alignment. The only solid bit of info that this gives towards alignment is there might be an SK because they're guaranteed a kill ability of some sort and there's three kill abilities. But that info helps the scumteam as much as it does everyone else. If Superdorf was a day cop than it would be more risky, because he'd have more concrete information to give. Do you actually think there's any evidence of Superdorf being Mafia, or are you just raising the possibility?

Shadow:
Yes I wonder how’d you feel about a town vigilante, this is really an @all question.
Town Vigs are pretty great tools for town in the right hands. They're a double-edged sword mainly because they can be misled, or used as cover for third parties/scum. An important thing to remember is that mafia kills are bad not just because they reduce numbers, but because Mafia has control over the information town gets. With a town vig, some of that control is given back to one member of the town.

Yeah usually the Mafia Games I play have a day one night before the lynching, because it kinda makes sense to lynch people based on actual murder rather than conspiracy of murder night one.
Bay12 Mafia doesn't usually do that because that means one player doesn't actually get to play. I've seen killless N1s before, but that usually means games have to be balanced to adjust for that.

Tric confirms a useless role and doesn’t tell what the role does, either he’s hiding a powerful role he doesn’t want scum to know and use it for latter or is a scum in hiding.
I could also see that as Tric being disappointed in his role, as this is a fairly role heavy game.

Naturegirl:
Persus13
I remember in a previous game you were more careful with voting. What made you vote IcyTea31?
I voted ICT to show I was being serious about my comments to them. I'm generally a fan of using my vote to get that player's attention to something I'm talking to them about, and it seems to have worked a little more successfully in this case than I anticipated. I try to avoid using my vote too much to do that, because then people won't take your vote as seriously as they should. Although I think in the case you're thinking of, I was trying to be careful of my vote because of lylo situations.

I noticed you haven't used your vote yet. When do you think you'll be starting to use it?

ICT vote stuff following.

ICT:
What part of my behaviour, in this particular game, has been unacceptable?
I don't find any of your current behavior unacceptable. This game does have day powers, so looking to see if you have one might have been useful, but I don't have any gameplay criticisms, and given your decision not to look at your role PM, that's pretty useful for you if you are scum. I'm voting you because voting you would draw your attention, and I wanted you to know I was serious about my comments. I'd be happy to talk more about that after the game.

So you believe that any individual player's posts are equally scummy or towny regardless of whether they're happy or sad when making those posts?
My eyes kind of glazed over when I read this. Its a really broad topic and I don't feel like I'll be able to give a proper answer to this because I don't think I'm an adequate judges of people's emotions when posting, since tone is very ambiguous.

You'll probably notice a change. If I'm town, I'll suddenly become really townsh. If I'm scum, I'll suddenly become really townish.
I get this is a joke, but do you think you're acting scummy currently?

Spoiler: Sincerity Mode (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Response (click to show/hide)

Dolores:
As an aside, the presumption that you'd to decide to throw out the thousands of dollars (of hours invested in each game) of other people's time and effort for a pat on the back is just poor planning.
Yeah, you care way too much about this game then. Take a chill pill. Its completely possible to be nice and play a game where we're killing each other.

Superdorf:
Persus13: I need words from you. Is IcyTea scum? If so, why? If not, why are you voting him? "I don't like the thing he did as scum that one time" is not an acceptable answer.
I have no idea if IcyTea is scum yet. I hope to figure that out by the time the game ends. Like I've said to naturegirl and others, I voted ICT to draw attention to what I was saying to them, which was that "I didn't like the thing he did as scum that one time." but I take that pretty seriously. If you want to grab someone's attention, you vote them.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

dolores

• Bay Watcher
  • vinyl
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 19, 2019, 03:14:31 am »

The census is WIFOM.
Right now, with no kills or anything to back it up? The census is indeed WIFOM. I just wanted it out so it won't get lost if I die or something.
Don't get me wrong, dumping the census in the thread is 400% the correct action.
The trap is that people do nothing but discuss it, but we've avoided that so we're pretty well in the clear.

Superdorf: By doing this you have made yourself a potential mafia target, if you are town-aligned, as the mafia will not want this information to be available to the player base. Isn't this... a bit risky? Valuable yes, but potentially risky. Of course if you were mafia you would have nothing to fear.
?
If Superdorf is nightkilled, it confirms the results of the census for town.
Scum, knowing that Superdorf is town and more than one player's ability, are in a much better position to confirm and use the census right now. A Superdorf flip is only good for the town, alignment notwithstanding.
I suspect the fact that TricMagic mentioned other players targeting him is a slip of some kind.
Yeah, I don't like it one bit.
Tric's the kind of guy to legit real post something like that as paranoid vet dopple without a hint of irony.
Spoiler: Aside (click to show/hide)

dolores: Generally speaking, how transparent should a town player strive to be in action and motivation? Conversely, in what situations might a townie reasonably employ gambits, secret ploys, and the like?
Play 100% transparently
There's no converse here, run gambits, secret ploys, etc. as town without a second thought
Hypocrisy is a towntell. The problem with most 'gambits' as town is you waste time that could be spent scumhunting, and you draw hostile day attention. I'm too cute to lynch, so that second part is usually a benefit (there's no combination of weaker and stronger players I feel that I couldn't mind control into, if not voting with me, not voting me, over a 72hr period), but if you can't convert a short-term hostility into a failed lynch attempt and subsequent aura of townyness and foundations made of failed arguments and discarded evidence, you're screwing over the town by leading a lynch on a (the only) confirmed townie: yourself.
The difference between scum and town is that town need the lynch to win the game, so anything town does is ultimately going to be about pointing the lynch in the right direction.
Like, I'm a miller, right? I'm obviously not, and I haven't checked if millers can exist, and I won't. Now, that tells you about my role (it doesn't interact with millers), although I could be fronting. The point is, though, that I can tell this like one hundred thousand times and it doesn't matter, because you glance over it and move on, and if a cop inspects me and gets an innocent result, why should I care? If there's some convuluted list of targeting roles and it's actually worth claiming that I don't detect as scum (to use as the basis to lynch another player, who presumably does), then of course I'll contradict my claim.
I have a track record of fullclaiming in the first 48hrs of D2, like, 90% of the time. Honestly, even as scum. That's because I don't think it matters. A confirmed townie who can day-inspect the role and alignment of every player D1 is stronger than any role that actually exists, and that's the upper limit of a good daygame. I also have a track record of fakeclaiming almost every D1. That's because I don't think it matters. Whether or not I play like a cop has infinitely more bearing on whether or not I am likely to be a cop than any claim. Sure, a lot of players softclaim D1 as cops, and that's coplike for them. It's also suboptimal, generally, in my opinion.
Players can't lynch you if you're town and play 100% transparently and make an earnest effort, because no matter how badly you do, you'll come across as town to anyone able to make the reads happen. If you're 100% transparent, all you need is content and they're in the best position to produce the reads.
Playing authentically is a cheat because scum can't do it the same way, and that means that if everyone in town did that and only that, no matter how bad their reads, it would only require a group of observant and charismatic townies to convince as many of the town as there are scum to vote with them to win the game.
This is why I say I'm bad at scum, because I don't think there is counterplay for this. You can try to mire the game in bullshit, but unless you're substantially better than the other players in the game, you'll always come out the most suspicious from it.

This is dumb. The information isn't, like, alignment inspects that the scum already know. Scum get just as much out of the expanded list as we do.
I've got a 1000x more important role. I can tell you that straight up. If scum shoot at Superdorf, they can't shoot at me. (Yes, scum, that's WIFOM. But only for you, so go get drunk in scumchat and leave it out of the thread if you don't want to be called out for it.) This is generalizable.
If you are not killed by Day 2, my suspicion would be either that you are mafia, you correctly planned for a town player to protect you, or the scum are leaving you alive as a risky gambit.
There's no risk to this gambit. What's the worst that's going to happen, scum kill someone that's close to a vanilla townie? That's the best case scenario for N1. Why does this worry you?

I also find FallacyofUrist trustworthy due to the many questions.
What's wrong with asking lots of questions? How else are you going to get information during the day, and find and lynch the scum?

The only solid bit of info that this gives towards alignment is there might be an SK because they're guaranteed a kill ability of some sort and there's three kill abilities.
SK is 11+ players, there's no sk. I was thinking the same thing, though.
I voted ICT to draw attention to what I was saying to them, which was that "I didn't like the thing he did as scum that one time." but I take that pretty seriously. If you want to grab someone's attention, you vote them.
The problem is that you're not doing anything to give information about ICT's (and kinda your, and my, and anyone else in the conversation's) alignment. You're also drawing attention to this conversation. You're claiming that's a nulltell, and I'd like the believe that it is, but it's not because it's the same as filling the thread with WIFOM or any other useless thing and drawing attention to it. If you were really town and really wanted to win, you wouldn't do it because it would detract from that goal, even if it was important to you (but less important than the game). If you aren't town, and really want to win, you're still going to do it because it's actually in line with your goals. It's dumb, and it doesn't connect to the rest of the game, and I'd hate to make a case around it. But it's unambiguously a scumtell.
How are you planning on determining ICT's alignment? How will you recover from the fact that there's no dialogue between the three of us that's actually relevant to the game beyond a pinch of stray RVS?
I'm the sk, so it doesn't bother me. But if you're town, it has to bother you. Even if you're not that invested, you have to pretend to be, or the game won't work. That's part and parcel of the logic underlying most systems of obtaining reads.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 19, 2019, 05:12:59 am »

[Superdorf's play is] what I'm going to use as my example when I'm talking about townreading players today in the abstract sense.
Could you follow up on this? I don't like a conclusion my gut is pointing at, and this might help ascertain truth.

Clarify for me please: is this an answer or an accusation?
It's a provocation. I've been the target of a D1 grilling several times for asking questions like it. The subtext is "that question looks rolefishy".

When might a town player choose to play with his cards "close to the chest", as it were?
As with every sneaky town play: when it wins them the game. It's a careful balance between revealing information to the town, and revealing information to scum, which has to vary as the game goes on. In general situations, however, it's good to be open about one's motivations, and at least telling why you're not revealing something.

Not reading your role PM immediately is an anti-town move.

Primarily because:
1) It casts doubt into the minds of anyone attempting to get a read on you. In fact it makes it impossible to get a true read, as you are not acting according to what your role is.
2) It taints the reads of people who try to get a read on you later, as they will take into account the portion of time where you had not looked at your PM. Even if they attempt to ignore it, their subconscious read on you will be influenced by what they've already seen of you.
1) Is casting doubt about one's townishness an anti-town move? If anything, it encourages others to observe me more carefully. Furthermore, why would I want to be read "truely", role and all? At this point of the game, only scum would benefit from knowing my role, since they could be sure that their read on that was correct.

2)As town, I don't see a problem with other townies subconsciously believing I'm town. In being open about not reading my PM, I also give others the chance to take it into account later. Surely, it'd be worse if I didn't tell you I wasn't reading it?

If I'm town, there's likely nothing in my PM that will help prove it, which is what town players care about. Scum players care about my specific role, which might shine through my posts unintentionally. D1 towniness comes from scumhunting and thread behaviour, not from mechanical information. There's also likely nothing in my PM that will help me scumhunt.

If I'm scum, I want to be deceptive anyway and giving a "true read" would be counterproductive. On the other hand, not coordinating with scumbuddies may lead to accidental buses etc., but that would be a perfect cover for the remaining scum, no?

How would you prefer I used the information in my PM? What is there to gain from it for me, and for the town as a whole?

I get this is a joke, but do you think you're acting scummy currently?
Certainly, but why should I be worried about acting scummy? There has never been an effective town player in this game who wasn't a little scummy. Even a town leader isn't free of power wolf suspicions. As long as I don't slip too far from "scummy" to "lynchable" I should be fine.

I like to enter D1 with wildcard plays and strange gambits, not because it's always effective, but because it creates intrigue and makes people want to keep playing. As they play and speak directly to me about my strange plays, I gain insights to them. Would you prefer if I used a more orthodox D1 strategy? Having all players start oddball would be ineffective, of course, so what would you consider to be the cutoff point for "too many D1 gambits"?

TricMagic:
What do you believe is the correct amount of investment to a game of Mafia? What, in your opinion, makes Mafia different from other forum games?
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

dolores

• Bay Watcher
  • vinyl
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 19, 2019, 08:24:34 am »

[Superdorf's play is] what I'm going to use as my example when I'm talking about townreading players today in the abstract sense.
Could you follow up on this? I don't like a conclusion my gut is pointing at, and this might help ascertain truth.
I anticipated having to explain the daygame to shadowclaw, and particularly RVS etc.
Superdorf's first post (the first post) was a great example of what I was looking for as a conservative standard RVS. I've sort of got holdover praise from that, since I never really got around to having to make that point. Still my strongest townread, regardless.
I'm remiss that I couldn't make some joke about buddying him, but that's how it goes.
It's a provocation. I've been the target of a D1 grilling several times for asking questions like it. The subtext is "that question looks rolefishy".
Right, but it's been established that I'll openly rolefish. You can't note this yourself because it weakens the counter position to me, I get it, but I may as well make the point for Superdorf et. al.
I'm not going to clarify because I'm trying to bait out the nightkill at the moment, and scum!ICT has no choice but to shoot me. I'd like to know which player is aiming at me, and this is an easy way to find out.
Yes, this is a softclaim. I softclaim in all my posts. It's not my fault most of the forum don't seem to know how to read for roles.

As with every sneaky town play: when it wins them the game. It's a careful balance between revealing information to the town, and revealing information to scum, which has to vary as the game goes on. In general situations, however, it's good to be open about one's motivations, and at least telling why you're not revealing something.
The word I used last time I was talking about this with weba was 'authenticity', as the existentialists. Town players get to act in line with what they really want and get townread for it.

Not reading your role PM immediately is an anti-town move.

Primarily because:
1) It casts doubt into the minds of anyone attempting to get a read on you. In fact it makes it impossible to get a true read, as you are not acting according to what your role is.
2) It taints the reads of people who try to get a read on you later, as they will take into account the portion of time where you had not looked at your PM. Even if they attempt to ignore it, their subconscious read on you will be influenced by what they've already seen of you.
Alright, I'll bite.
I haven't read my role PM. There you go. I'm lying, right? You'll never know. Whether or not I tell you if I've read my role PM has no bearing on whether or not I tell you I have. Okay, so I'm not perfect: if I don't read my PM, I'm less likely to comment on whether or not I've read it.
1) Is bullshit, because a player who hasn't read their role PM is always town, like a serial killer is town. They're not on a team. That's super easy to read. They've got literally no mechanical information (that's not public), so they're supremely able to project their ignorance. It makes it hard to get a persistently accurate read, like in a game driven primarily by cult activity, sure. This works against the interests of the town if you're not town. But then you're not town, so that's good. If you are town, why not be town? It doesn't make a difference to how you'll play.
2) Which is, again, strictly in his favor, because having not read your PM is the best position to be in re: looking like town, which is strictly in your favor if he's town and you're also town.
Certainly, but why should I be worried about acting scummy? There has never been an effective town player in this game who wasn't a little scummy. Even a town leader isn't free of power wolf suspicions. As long as I don't slip too far from "scummy" to "lynchable" I should be fine.
IcyTea31: at this point, how are you feeling about the possibility of your being nightkilled (by the scum)? Is it going to be an extra big loss for the town, either due to your ability (as a player) or abilities (from your role)? Are you doing anything to bait out the kill or avoid it?
DeusAsmoth: going to be joining us this D1?

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 19, 2019, 10:54:25 am »

at this point, how are you feeling about the possibility of your being nightkilled (by the scum)? Is it going to be an extra big loss for the town, either due to your ability (as a player) or abilities (from your role)? Are you doing anything to bait out the kill or avoid it?
I'm not trying to specifically bait it or avoid it, but I intend to make it informative if I do get targeted. I'm establishing myself as dangerous. Dangerous to keep alive, dangerous to kill. Thus, whether or not I get killed will speak volumes about scum and how they deal with threats. Of course, I'm not the only threat on the board, so it alone won't win the game.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 19, 2019, 11:11:16 am »

@dolores: there is nothing wrong with asking questions. I believe I mentioned that I trust FallacyofUrist because of the many questions.
Would saying you are baiting the night kill stop scum from killing you since they think you are bait?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13