Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: LCS Reference in “AGI Federation”, a free tabletop RPG I made  (Read 44537 times)

Skynet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LCS Reference in “AGI Federation”, a free tabletop RPG I made
« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2023, 09:24:20 am »

Yeah, I guess that can work. I'll probably refer to some vague "Incident" that caused the Government Conspiracy to place people into virtual reality pods. Leave it up to the imagination.

Skynet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LCS Reference in “AGI Federation”, a free tabletop RPG I made
« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2023, 08:55:24 pm »

I am still working on revising "Samurai World", now renamed to "Sanctuary" (and set in a more traditional L5R setting, instead of the sci-fi corporate Republic). It's still in play-testing and rule revisions are still necessary, but players are having a lot of fun with this, and I guess I am having some fun with the scenarios too (especially since the scenarios are more focused on critiquing society than they are about actually being goody-two-shoes samurai).

However, as AI continues to advance, "AGI Federation" as a game itself becomes less appealing. When you hear about real-world boardroom drama in OpenAI, fictional stories about OpenAI just loses their luster. However, I still like the ideas behind "AGI Federation", so I might eventually convert its ideas over into a "samurai-style" format.

Rumors exist of a conspiracy led by the Empress herself, as samurai slowly shepherd themselves into dream-worlds...
« Last Edit: December 03, 2023, 09:59:25 pm by Skynet »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]