Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 122

Author Topic: BYOR 15: Game Over - Mafia Win (Kinda?)  (Read 98030 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 15: Baking - Eighth, Ninth, and Tenth Batches Are All Mafia
« Reply #135 on: December 22, 2020, 09:55:13 pm »

Just to be sure, how many moderators / contributors to role design are there?
Why, there's me, webadict, and hector13, of course.

Ä̸́̔͒̆̾ͪ̃ͬ̓͌ͤ͊͛̏́͏̬̗̭̮̘͓͍͜͝ͅņ̣̘͉͖̭̞̩͍͖̜̺̮͎̹͍̙̿ͨͨͮ̂̈̂̃͗̆ͣ͒͊͟d͚͓̮͓̩̣͍̜̤͙͚̯̖͙̟̮̗͕̮̋ͥ̑̔̓̆͒̈̒̌͗͑́͞ ̸̗̘͉͙͍͚͕̠̲̥̤̠͔̞̥̼̤͑ͥ͛͐̉̄ͮ͊̚t̻̞͉̬̳͍̹̣̙̹̟͖̪̑ͣͤ͛͌̆̏ͥ̈͗ͣ͘̕͘h̸̫̭̜̫͎͙̣̾͂͑ͮͯ̂͂̾ë̷͈͖͓̱́̊̇ͫ̐̎̇ͥ̂̋̍̈͌́͗ͦ̀͘͜͢ṉ̵̛̤̖̝̬̼̦̻̝͂̃̋̓̾̓͑́̚͘͠ͅ ̵̷̢͇͍̪̳̳̘̾͗͑͋̓̒͜͢ͅỡ͓̙̗͎̼͇͙̳̮̲̜̗̹̹̭̠͚̪͍͑ͦ̀̽̌͋͢f̴̧̹̦̗͎̱͇̗̦̳͎̬ͤͧͥͥͯ ̶̷̢̛̱̖̯̬͇̬̻̙̰͖͌ͣͬ̒̀ͧͨͫ̽̑̄̓͋͌͝c̶͓̫͚̥̞̈́ͮͬ͌ͯ̀̋͋̈ͤ̈ͨͤͫ̽̆ͭͤo̢͍͍̠̜̫̤͕̻̭͚̙͚̼̻̗̦̘̫̐̈́ͯͣ̅̌̈̋̒̊̾̏͌͋́͟u̸͍͔͙̹͖̝̱̻̒̏ͣ͒̿́ͭͣ̀͜͠r̴̛̳̥̺̼͇̲̻̳̲̖̻̙̝̥͉̬͕͇̾̂̽̏̾̋́̐̂ͪ́͟͞s̸̸̵̳̠̭̺̖̼̫̪̱̬͖̲͕̲͖̲̐̅̍́̽̓̎̌͜ë̶̻͕̮̺̖͇̫͕̗͍̤ͩ̇͛̿̕͜ͅ ̛̯͙̬̜̖̜̤̹̱̯̪̞̥̭̰̹̳̖̌̄̑ͪ̄̀t̛͍̥̲͇̝̠̦̹̰̭͇̪͍̜ͥ̌ͦ̅ͣ̀ͩͧͯͦ̊̋̊̌ͯ͐͡h̛̼̮̞͕̥ͪͣͣ͒̃ͧ͗̈ͫ̊̔̕e͔͉͔̼͉̠̬̖͚̪̮̙̫͌̀ͮ͂͐ͭ̑̏ͦ́̕r̸͉̳̱̯͋̏ͥͫ̎ͮͬ̽͊ͭ͆̎̋͒̚͞͡e̵̸͔̙̬̮͕̘̺̎͆ͮ̀͛̆͊̔̾ͫͨ'̒̌͂̈͏͕̜̪̻͢͡s̢̛̲͓̣̪̣̠͚̼̠͎̮ͩ̅̂ͭ͛̄̃̂ͯ͋͢͠ͅ ̡̘̝͈̻̦̭̝̰̙͔͓͍̆͛ͩͦ̈Ķ̛̭͓̗͈͙̱̲̩̠̆͗ͭ̓͊́̇̽͊̅̽͂͗ͭ́̚̚y̷̠̞͓̙ͣͪ͑ͭ̀͒̐͑ͦ̒̌̋͆ͩ͑ͦ͒͘ͅl̡ͬ̓̆̈́̋ͣͮͮ́̅͆̇҉͕̣͚̳̬̰̕͞e̡̪̜̣̻̺̦̩͓͚̬͉͇̲̩̤̙̠͚̦̓̽ͬͪ͒ͧͣ̈́ͫ͒ͩ̏̾͐̂ͥ̀̽́̚͟͞

RIGHT FALLACY?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 15: Baking - Eleventh Batch... Who's NOBODY?
« Reply #136 on: December 22, 2020, 09:59:32 pm »

Who's Kevin?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 22, 2020, 10:31:29 pm »

Who's Kevin?

Kevin? Er... Kevin... Kev gets the teas in.

Yeah.

Good ol’ Kev.

Keeping us hydrated.

Nothing else.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 22, 2020, 10:38:59 pm »

Shoving an alternate personality into your head seems a bit extreme to make a forum mafia game more interesting, but it's completely unreasonable for me to judge, honestly.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 22, 2020, 10:46:28 pm »

Shoving an alternate personality into your head seems a bit extreme to make a forum mafia game more interesting, but it's completely unreasonable for me to judge, honestly.
I've written ~25 pages of role related things. You usually start to go crazy around page 10. I'm guessing we'll get to page 30 or so by the time we're done.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 22, 2020, 10:49:28 pm »

There were only 18 pages when I last checked.

Do I need to do that special ritual to open the document safely, or has the added bulk necessitated further measures?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 22, 2020, 10:53:57 pm »

Do I need to do that special ritual to open the document safely, or has the added bulk necessitated further measures?
Typically, I pre-write the protection enchantments, but I may have forgotten to do so this time. Make sure you engage Protocol November-Zero Sierra-Three-Charlie-Romeo-Echo-Tango-Five.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 23, 2020, 02:18:41 pm »

Typically, I pre-write the protection enchantments, but I may have forgotten to do so this time. Make sure you engage Protocol November-Zero Sierra-Three-Charlie-Romeo-Echo-Tango-Five.
What number are we up to now?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 23, 2020, 02:28:27 pm »

1 Role in Draft
4 Roles in Polishing
8 Roles in Finalizing
3 Roles in Completed

And then after that, I've gotta do a last look-over, where I will accidentally break the game, anyway after meticulously trying to avoid it.

Then I have to finish:
4 Spectator Roles (40% done)
2 Moderator Roles (20% done)

Basically, my goal will be ~22 hours from this post as the start time, but I'll let you know how viable that is as I go. If I have to, I'll cut out chunks of my own role, which might be too much.

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 15: Baking - Eighth, Ninth, and Tenth Batches Are All Mafia
« Reply #144 on: December 23, 2020, 05:33:40 pm »

NOBODY? NOBODY? Who the fudge is NOBODY?
Uh, nobody, it's not a big deal. Don't worry about it.
Whatever happened to batch number 7?
That's me. The scum team will be juicebox, dolores, and NJW2000.

Oh come on, getting sniped N1 is bad enough, why do I have to get sniped N0?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 15: Decorating - No Roles Left In Draft!
« Reply #145 on: December 24, 2020, 01:06:56 am »

I bet I go to bed, wake up, read my role, then discover someone's already daykilled Shakerag and it was me because of my autokilling passive that I can only turn off by telling wuba to not use it in the first hour of the game.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 24, 2020, 01:47:03 am »

I bet I go to bed, wake up, read my role, then discover someone's already daykilled Shakerag and it was me because of my autokilling passive that I can only turn off by telling wuba to not use it in the first hour of the game.
The most impressive part was that Shakerag didn't even sign up, so the daykill was really just insult on top of injury.

dolores

• Bay Watcher
  • vinyl
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 24, 2020, 02:24:08 am »

Shakerag not signing up to this sort of thing increases the chances that he will feature heavily

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 15: Finishing Touches
« Reply #148 on: December 24, 2020, 01:20:01 pm »

Just a head's up. Running a bit behind, but you'll have your roles and a game shortly. Stupid blizzard weather.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 15: Finishing Touches
« Reply #149 on: December 24, 2020, 05:16:36 pm »

Mamobo, Mephansteras, roseheart, and KitRougard pull up in a limousine outside the arena steps. Several spotlights swim through the cloudy December sky, but the bright neon green of the display out front unmistakably marks this as the place to be. It's the 15th-18th--No one's actually sure what the real number is due to a few clerical errors--installment of the BYOR series. The Spectators cannot help but wonder how they got all these all-stars into one game.
webadict meets them at the front door, dressed in a circus performer’s outfit, a red carpet behind him, as he leads the four of them through two double doors. As Mamobo enters, webadict gets down face to face with the robotic child.
“Aw, who let you get into that limo?” webadict looks at the three other Spectators. “Haha, no,
seriously, which one of you let it into the limo. You’re treating it too much like people.”
The group continues uneasily past him, and up to the upper levels of the arena. A box was being prepared just for them.
“Well, I have to prepare, but I’ll be right up to make sure you’re all set for the show. I hope you enjoy it.” And with that, the man departed.

The arena’s lights suddenly dim, and the rancor of the crowd dies a quick and grisly death, letting out only airy whispers. A spotlight begins to track the ringleader walking towards center stage. He shares a distant smile and an awkward bow taking off his top hat and throwing it into the air, before he moves, addressing the audience. While he talks, three stagehands wheel in a booth behind him. A fourth stagehand pushes hector13 behind the booth.
“Hi, and welcome back to somewhere between the 15th and 18th installment of the webadict BYOR series. My name’s webadict, your host and game moderator, ready to bring you another wonderfully exciting game to you lovely folks here and at home. Actually, that’s a lie. The audience is currently inhabited by 100% Mephansteras’ own race of Doppelgangers, seeing as how we’re currently under orders by the governor to not allow gatherings greater than 50 people, but that only includes Humans. I’m here with my co-host, hector13.”
“Glad to be here.”
“So, Hector--Can I call you Hector? What kind of game do you expect to see here today?”
“Well--”
“Interesting, interesting. So, Hector, I know you’ve looked over the list of abilities and the overall game, and, without spoiling anything, what do you think’s going to happen?”
“One thing’s for sure: I’m never going to get on your bad side. Some of the things you’ve come up with for our, uh, “lucky” players for this one? Well, I’d suspect you didn’t like them very much if you weren’t running this for them.”
“Hahaha, completely unwarranted worrying, as usual! Now let’s talk about the field these players will be--”
The arena’s screen stutters a moment, before four silhouetted figures appear on screen. One of them begins to talk:
“This is a warning. Continuing with this facade will bring death and destruction to you and your players. While I would normally give you ample warning time, I’m afraid th--”
An explosion rings out through the arena as a sniper round is fired through webadict’s skull. Bone fragment and pink mist covers the announcer’s desk, as webadict crumples meekly to the ground. hector13 looks horrified at the moderator before the idea of finding cover can hit him. He dives out of the way as a shot obliterates the chair he was on a mere moment before.
The message stops playing on the monitor and several players move towards the now-dead webadict. Vector makes it there first… And shakes their head. “No, this has been used before. At least, like, 3 times now. I’m not falling for it again.” Vector picks up the body and throws it off the stage. Several Doppelgangers dive on the body. You hear a series of frantic ‘Nos’ coming from a box somewhere far above you.
Caz stomps up to Vector. “How could you be so disrespectf--” Vector holds up a hand.
heydude6 opens his mouth to say something, but is cut off immediately by Toaster. “Yep, that’s a robot. For sure. I’d know a robot anywhere, and that’s a robot. You can tell by how much of a robot he is. Lawl.”
Caz makes an exaggerated motion at the blood spray.
“Photoshopped,” and Toaster goes back towards center stage.
IcyTea31 pipes up. “Well, I think we should keep playing anyway. I bet webadict put a lot of hard work into this.”
From somewhere up on the second balcony, you hear a voice you could probably mistake for webadict’s if he wasn’t obviously dead. “Thanks, Icy!”
Luckyowl follows it up excitedly. “Yeah. If we all work together, I bet we can do anything! Like find the Mafia!” A few people cheer. “And bring webadict back to life.” No one cheers at that.
hector13 looks down at his hands. “Wait, if webadict was a robot… Am... I also a robot?”

From somewhere below you, a trembling begins, shaking the stage and knocking a player or two off their feet. Several floorboards splinter apart as the usual scoreboard rises from the new opening. Next to it, however, seems to be an empty shop kiosk with a note stating On Break and a makeshift wooden box labeled “Please direct comments here”.

dolores however, is sitting on top of the board. “I’m done with the tricks, guys.” (TricMagic lets out a ‘Hey!’) “I just want a good old fashioned game of Mafia. Can we handle that? Besides, I can climb higher than you, so good luck hitting me from down there, peasants.”

Mamobo has revealed No Spoilers!

Mephansteras has revealed The Voice in the Walls!

roseheart has revealed Guardian of Humanity Godzilla!

KitRougard has revealed The Peanut Gallery!

dolores has revealed Wacky And Hilarious Hijinks!

[REDACTED] has revealed Comments Have Been Turned On!

It is now Day 1.

Vote Count
------------------------
4maskwolf -
Caz -
TricMagic -
Leafsnail -
notquitethere -
Luckyowl -
ToonyMan -
juicebox -
dolores -
NJW2000 -
IcyTea31 -
Vector -
FallacyofUrist -
Jim Groovester -
Toaster -
heydude6 -

Not Voting - 4maskwolf, Caz, TricMagic, Leafsnail, notquitethere, Luckyowl, ToonyMan, juicebox, dolores, NJW2000, IcyTea31, Vector, FallacyofUrist, Jim Groovester, Toaster, heydude6,

Day ends 12/29/2020 at 19:00 Central Standard Time. (Approximately 123 Hours from this post.)

(Information - Ability) (Auto) No Spoilers: Your role is revealed at the end of the game instead of the beginning. Reveal this ability instead.
(Information - Spectator) The Voice in the Walls
(Auto) The Voice: Is this place haunted? Sometimes, you can even hear the sound of webadict’s voice from the afterlife.
(Information - Spectator) Guardian of Humanity Godzilla
(Auto) Humanity’s Last Hope: Will Godzilla arrive in a time of need? Wait for Mylo or Lylo...
(Information - Spectator) The Peanut Gallery
(Auto) Everyone's A Critic: All Spectators just have to have their own opinions, now don't they? It’s not as easy as it looks!
(Information - Ability) (Auto) Wacky And Hilarious Hijinks: You cannot use any other abilities except [REDACTED]. You cannot be the target of any abilities. This ability is revealed at the beginning of the game.
(Information - Ability) (Auto) Comments Have Been Turned On: All players gain access to Leave Comment. All Leave Comments and their target(s) are visible to you. This ability is revealed at the beginning of the game.
(Information - Action) (Night) Leave Comment [target (xAny)] [role name (xAny)] [alignment (xAny)]: When you use this ability, write a comment. This modifies at least one of any of the targets, role names, and/or alignments. The more specific the comment and targeting, the stronger the effect.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 122