Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 122

Author Topic: BYOR 15: Game Over - Mafia Win (Kinda?)  (Read 98754 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 15: Day 1 - The Badge Seller
« Reply #810 on: December 29, 2020, 07:11:18 pm »

I honestly feel like NQT tried his 'rallying' tactic in an attempt to look actively town... without bothering to develop a serious case on his target, someone whose inactivity meant he would be unlikely to face active opposition. It seems like his entire argument is 'Leafsnail's passive and that's scummy because meta, totally not because it's Christmastime'?
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: December 29, 2020, 07:11:56 pm »

Fucking... computer posted that before it was done.

As I said, I'm here till day end, so I can change my vote and do vote shenanigans as long as they have a purpose and I accept responsibility for the results.  Which I do.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: December 29, 2020, 07:12:47 pm »

I assume because a lot of other players are alone without all that much else to do.
I'm in this photo and I don't like it.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: December 29, 2020, 07:13:15 pm »

Jim, Toaster, if you two get in the thread before the end, you should know the Tric vote isnt going anywhere, it's Toony or Leafsnail now. So nail your colours to the mast.

I'll look, but it's 3 on TricMagic vs 4 on Leafsnail. It's not as dead as you're saying. PPE alright 3 to 5. PPE alright 2 to 6. PPE alright things have gone completely insane.

Probably, maybe see what it does to me. Maybe I can turn myself into a third-party with it.

?

Firstly, literally why, and secondly, wuba's clarified what Leave Comment is supposed to be able to do and alignment changes are unlikely. I read this as TricMagic is already a third party and is going to claim 'success' with Leave Comment to explain their third party wincon.

I think I read previously that TricMagic claimed to be hostile to the scum team, and I can't think of a third party win con that is hostile to the scum team that isn't also hostile to the town. But my reading on that might not be completely accurate since TricMagic's posts aren't always the most clear.

I get Leafsnail isn't doing much of anything but I still like TricMagic better.

Okay if everybody is going to go insane, why not lynch the very likely third party in TricMagic?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: December 29, 2020, 07:14:22 pm »

Because ~we can't lynch the third party~ that's ~not good enough~ we ~have to find scum~
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: December 29, 2020, 07:14:33 pm »

notquitethere. I'm half tempted to vote myself, but I at least want to get the No Bonk Badge in the shop before I die. You shift the vote, pay the price. Better than Leafsnail, though completely horrid reguardless.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: December 29, 2020, 07:15:21 pm »

Ha! 4mask in one post you compliment me on fostering all this great EOD activity, and in another post you want to lynch me for doing the very same! Make up your mind.

Fallacy, use your head. Would a scum player draw attention to themselves at the end of the day like this? No, not usually. Scum tend towards conservative plays.

For me it's like this: If Toony flips scum, I'm one step closer to my goal. If he flips town then it's bad though we'll have learned a lot, especially when we know Tric and/or leafsnail's alignment. All this end of day pressure on everyone raises the info. I'm expecting leafsnail to flip scum. If he doesn't then I'll have at least gained a lot of info from putting my neck on the line.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: December 29, 2020, 07:15:57 pm »

@Leafsnail:
Are you going to leave your vote on TricMagic? If not, who are you voting?
Yes. I still think he's a good lynch and plenty of other people are around and seem to approve of it. The other cases I've seen have not been very compelling either.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: December 29, 2020, 07:16:08 pm »

I'd still like a response from Leafsnail.

But I'm fine with NQT, for the same reasons as Leaf in fact.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: December 29, 2020, 07:16:18 pm »

notquitethere. I'm half tempted to vote myself, but I at least want to get the No Bonk Badge in the shop before I die. You shift the vote, pay the price. Better than Leafsnail, though completely horrid reguardless.
You count incorrectly. At this point Leafsnail is going to die. though no flip is also possible. 4mask, this really isn't the time to be trying this.
You don't get to have it both ways, Tricmagic.  Which is it?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: December 29, 2020, 07:16:46 pm »

@Leafsnail:
Are you going to leave your vote on TricMagic? If not, who are you voting?
Yes. I still think he's a good lynch and plenty of other people are around and seem to approve of it. The other cases I've seen have not been very compelling either.
Fair enough.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: December 29, 2020, 07:16:52 pm »

I at least want to get the No Bonk Badge in the shop before I die. You shift the vote, pay the price. Better than Leafsnail, though completely horrid reguardless.
For posterity and such, I also find this pretty townie. Third-party Tric has less reason to prioritize putting up the claimed No-Bonk Badge compared to town Tric. They looked much more like a third-party player earlier, but they seem to be actually... contributing, now?
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: December 29, 2020, 07:17:11 pm »

Okay if everybody is going to go insane, why not lynch the very likely third party in TricMagic?

I'm still down with this.

You shift the vote, pay the price. Better than Leafsnail, though completely horrid reguardless.

What?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: December 29, 2020, 07:17:40 pm »

You count incorrectly. At this point Leafsnail is going to die. though no flip is also possible. 4mask, this really isn't the time to be trying this.
You don't get to have it both ways, Tricmagic.  Which is it?
It's almost like he's definitely not town and therefore not acting in the town's interests

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: December 29, 2020, 07:18:02 pm »

OK, who knows what the vote count is . . . because I don't.

I at least want to get the No Bonk Badge in the shop before I die. You shift the vote, pay the price. Better than Leafsnail, though completely horrid reguardless.
For posterity and such, I also find this pretty townie. Third-party Tric has less reason to prioritize putting up the claimed No-Bonk Badge compared to town Tric. They looked much more like a third-party player earlier, but they seem to be actually... contributing, now?

Dude, stop falling in the WIFOM.

I'm still down with this.

I'm also still down.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 122