Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 122

Author Topic: BYOR 15: Game Over - Mafia Win (Kinda?)  (Read 97916 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 15: Day 2 - Fixed The Glitch
« Reply #1125 on: December 31, 2020, 08:38:55 pm »

One thing we ought to note: if 4mask, Toaster and IcyTea are all scum, this could be the bussing play of the century. Doesn't seem likely though, as they'd potentially lose two people rather than one... unless they were reasonably sure Toaster was toast.
They're unlikely to all be scum. But Toaster looks much more likely to be scum, based on his behavior, than the claimed mason group. If we lynch him and he flips town, then we should take a look at the 'masons'. It wouldn't be definitive for their scumminess due to the presence of obfuscation role powers, but it'd be worth taking a closer look at the very least.

Of course, Jim Groovester is still the scummiest one here and I do want other players' feedback on the case I constructed.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #1126 on: December 31, 2020, 09:54:16 pm »

One thing we ought to note: if 4mask, Toaster and IcyTea are all scum, this could be the bussing play of the century. Doesn't seem likely though, as they'd potentially lose two people rather than one... unless they were reasonably sure Toaster was toast.
They're unlikely to all be scum. But Toaster looks much more likely to be scum, based on his behavior, than the claimed mason group. If we lynch him and he flips town, then we should take a look at the 'masons'. It wouldn't be definitive for their scumminess due to the presence of obfuscation role powers, but it'd be worth taking a closer look at the very least.

Of course, Jim Groovester is still the scummiest one here and I do want other players' feedback on the case I constructed.

My only problem with it. Is the last point. You would've use a night talk ability to it's fullest potential but isn't being able to publicly announce your night action to everyone probably the only best thing you can do with a night talk ability. What will night reads do? You could just do that during the day and besides there's a chance I can see that alignment ability with my SM. Which I'll do so once I find a perfect suitor for my ability.

Just because Jim is lazy to engage doesn't make them scum. 4maskwolf done the same. Yet you don't go after them?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: December 31, 2020, 10:02:46 pm »

[1] My only problem with it. Is the last point. You would've use a night talk ability to it's fullest potential but isn't being able to publicly announce your night action to everyone probably the only best thing you can do with a night talk ability. What will night reads do? You could just do that during the day and besides there's a chance I can see that alignment ability with my SM. Which I'll do so once I find a perfect suitor for my ability.

[2] Just because Jim is lazy to engage doesn't make them scum. 4maskwolf done the same. Yet you don't go after them?
[1] I think you're underestimating the impact of talking during the night. It's not a massive effect, but people will go into Day 2 thinking about what happened Day 1 - and what you said during the night. It's your time to say things unopposed, to reflect on the events of the day. It's not hard power, it's social power, and it gives the town more to look at when analyzing your behavior, too.

[2] It's not that he's lazy to engage. It's that he tries to make it look like he's engaging while doing next to nothing of the sort. Pretty sure 4mask is doing more now, too. If he's not, feel free to point me to the posts he's made which prove your hypothesis.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: December 31, 2020, 10:09:14 pm »

I'll admit I'm curious why Leafsnail decided to roleblock Vector last night.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: December 31, 2020, 10:18:43 pm »

The last bit of mechanical information I have is relatively unexciting, heydude was targeted by ToonyMan, and only ToonyMan, last night.  I was waffling this morning over whether or not that meant anything and the jury's still out on that.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: January 01, 2021, 12:10:18 am »

It means everyone did their action on vector, except the few people who didn’t.

Anyway, this has been bothering me for a while, but don’t you think it’s strange that the scum chose to kill Juicebox? I mean what value did he have to the town? You would have expected them to target someone like Vector, or the masons, or Tric, or even me, but they chose Juicebox of all people.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: January 01, 2021, 12:49:45 am »

A bolt of lightning strikes outside the arena, and the rain begins to pour, beating down upon the domed structure. A cacophony of liquid drumbeats beat rhythmically above you, echoing in your ears, as thunder begins to rumble. There are whispers among the group, but a momentary lull has taken all of you. The Doppelgangers sway listlessly, without purpose.

One of the Doppelgangers straightens to attention. Then the entire crowd leans forward. They sense something that you do not. They can smell blood. They can taste fear.

A *THUD* breaks the near-silence, like a pumpkin toppling from a countertop. It's been too quiet for this to be anything but an ill omen. Toaster and FallacyofUrist are the first on the scene, and it is quite gruesome. All that remains of 4maskwolf is their head. The blood glides towards your feet and touches your toes, doing their best to recoil in horror.

4maskwolf has been killed.

4maskwolf was A Boring Role for Boring People (town).

Votes Have Been Reset.

Vote Count
------------------------
dolores - 0 -
FallacyofUrist - 0 -
heydude6 - 0 -
IcyTea31 - 0 -
Jim Groovester - 0 -
Leafsnail - 0 -
Luckyowl - 0 -
Nirur Torir - 0 -
NJW2000 - 0 -
notquitethere - 0 -
Toaster - 0 -
TricMagic - 0 -
Vector - 0 -
No Lynch - 0 -

Not Voting - 13 - dolores, FallacyofUrist, heydude6, IcyTea31, Jim Groovester, Leafsnail, Luckyowl, Nirur Torir, NJW2000, notquitethere, Toaster, TricMagic, Vector,

7 to Hammer. Day ends on January 03, 2021 at 19:00 CST (~67 hours remaining).

Role Name: A Boring Role For Boring People
Alignment: Town
Wincon: You win when all anti-Town factions are dead and at least one Town member is alive.
Shenanigans: 0
Abilities:
{PT} (Auto) Repetitive: If you are a target of an ability, you are the only target of that ability this Phase.
{P5} (1-Shot, Night) Protect [target]: A dull protect. You protect the target from kills.
{P9} (1-Shot, Night) Inspect Alignment [target]: An uninteresting inspect. You inspect the target, learning whether they are Town, Mafia, or Neutral.
{P3} (1-Shot, Night) Block [target]: A mediocre roleblock. You block the target from actioning.
{P10} (1-Shot, Night) Track [target]: An uninspired track. You track the target and see whom they aim their action at.
{P10} (1-Shot, Night)  Observe [target]: A forgettable observation. You observe the target and see what action they perform.
{P10} (1-Shot, Night) Watch [target]: An unexciting watch. You watch the target and see who targets them.
{P9} (1-Shot, Night) Inspect Role [target]: A semi-useless role name inspection. You learn the target's role name.
{P1} (1-Shot, Night) Hide: A sleep-inducing hide. Abilities that target you during this Night fail.
{P10} (1-Shot, Night) Reload: A tedious reloading ability. Reload all of your X-Shot abilities, resetting them to 1-Shot.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 15: Day 2 - Start The Year Out A Head
« Reply #1132 on: January 01, 2021, 12:57:24 am »

It's nearly midnight, fireworks are going off outside my window, and someone tried to off the masons.

Lovely, well. I think we should all be glad they were lying about the double death thing. Gut wants to say Toaster did it, but that doesn't make sense at all, he wouldn't have bothered to propose a lynch before firing off a daykill, right?
Generic Arms Race.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: January 01, 2021, 01:35:40 am »

Well, 4maskwolf's death means Icytea31 lean closer to townie. Icytea31, Do you want me to use my buff on you so I can role investigate Jim?

Anyway, this has been bothering me for a while, but don’t you think it’s strange that the scum chose to kill Juicebox? I mean what value did he have to the town? You would have expected them to target someone like Vector, or the masons, or Tric, or even me, but they chose Juicebox of all people.

Juicebox didn't do much and only had a few post  where he did a read and I think he only pressure voted me. So I assume they took out him out because he hasn't really put dirt onto anyone name. Leaving us with nothing work with. I assume that's why no one really talked about his death.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: January 01, 2021, 01:45:16 am »

It's nearly midnight, fireworks are going off outside my window, and someone tried to off the masons.

Lovely, well. I think we should all be glad they were lying about the double death thing. Gut wants to say Toaster did it, but that doesn't make sense at all, he wouldn't have bothered to propose a lynch before firing off a daykill, right?

I'm almost certain he poisoned his own wine glass. It was a shitty lynch attempt that was near guaranteed to fail, so by using lightning he tried to make himself look too stupid to be mafia. It worked for NQT, so why wouldn't it work for him?

I think scum is afraid of us. They're afraid of all the role powers town has and their potential for mechanical confirmation.

Plus we have a strong town core:

Iceytea
Fallacy of Urist
Dolores
heydude6
NJW2000
Trickmagic
Luckyowl

As long as we lynch someone outside of this group (I'm on the fence on Vector):

Leafsnail
notquitethere
Jim Groovestor
Toaster
Nirur Torir

We'll probably nail a scum, and once we do that we can breath easily. Who from that list should it be? Toaster and Jim are the first two candidates that come to mind.

Well, 4maskwolf's death means Icytea31 lean closer to townie. Icytea31, Do you want me to use my buff on you so I can role investigate Jim?

Juicebox didn't do much and only had a few post  where he did a read and I think he only pressure voted me. So I assume they took out him out because he hasn't really put dirt onto anyone name. Leaving us with nothing work with. I assume that's why no one really talked about his death.

*sigh* It's an explanation at least.

You know, I actually remember seeing a game where that was the scum's lynch philosophy. I think they ended up losing though.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: January 01, 2021, 01:46:11 am »

I wonder if this kill is a townie's doing. Because Killing 4mask gave us a flip into Icytea31 possible alignment.  Allowing me trust Icytea31 a bit more. Does anyone got any interesting take on 4mask's murder.

Everyone: Why do you think they kill 4maskwolf?

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: January 01, 2021, 02:05:33 am »

Toaster's inspect was misdirected by some power.

Oh really?

Nirur Torir  : What.did you do last night?

I want to back to this. SO yes. I use my SM to role investigate Nirur Torir last night. My SM picked up 'misdelivery'

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: January 01, 2021, 02:27:31 am »

Hold up.

Buys a No Bonk Badge. One for Toaster. I can pick that one up later.

Doesn't this mean Toaster can't have been the one to do that daykill?
Generic Arms Race.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: January 01, 2021, 02:43:30 am »

I am going to request a replacement. I'll try to play until I am replaced but I wouldn't expect much. Sorry, everyone.

Jim, one thing. If you don't go ahead and kill Toaster to confirm or deny his claim, I'm bringing out the Item Magnet badge next night to render gear less useful. Anything you use can end up being yanked by it. I will not have this keep going on until near the end of day. This has the benefit of also rendering some of the dweller mask results less useful.

I don't have a daykill and didn't gain one during N1.

Just because Jim is lazy to engage doesn't make them scum.

FoU, I looked at your case before traveling and this is more or less how I feel about it.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: January 01, 2021, 02:53:23 am »

No, because I'm literally dead now. I'll die at the end of the night phase.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 122