Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 60

Author Topic: News Update War in Ukraine - Junior Reporter Edition  (Read 58436 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
News Update War in Ukraine - Junior Reporter Edition
« on: April 05, 2022, 01:36:46 pm »

Since the WWIII thread appears to be permanently down, I've created this thread to discuss FACTS and NEWS regarding the War in Ukraine.

This is NOT the thread to discuss your thoughts, beliefs, or opinions, as we need to keep the flow of information going.
The Emotions Thread was created to express those thoughts, beliefs, opinions, reactions, etc.
They ARE valuable, but in the proper place so as to ensure the information flows.

Backup Emotional thread: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=181482.0

For Ukrainians: It is vitally important that the suffering of your people be given full and accurate coverage on as many mediums as possible.  Thus, to keep this channel open, it is vital that you do NOT respond emotionally in this thread.  It is a big ask, but hopefully you can see the need to keep the information flowing.

For Russians: If you are not in favor of the actions of the soldiers from your country, then it is vital that you allow this thread to proceed unhindered.

Ok Junior Reporters, your job is to collate and fact check info.  Thank you for your service in this endeavor.

EDIT: Due to the success of both this thread and the Emotions thread, and the overall maturity of all the forumites, I've decided that we can probably comment our thoughts to the news in this thread.  I would still ask that more emotional responses be routed over to the Emotional thread(s).
Basically: "I think..." is OK. But "I feel..." should probably go in the Emotions thread.

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
Re: War in Ukraine News Update - Junior Reporter Edition
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2022, 06:34:04 pm »

Aleksei Navalny tweeted that the warmongering Russian media should be treated as war criminals.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2022, 07:57:51 pm »

That is incredibly chilling, and that's all I will say. Consider this my ptw.

For Ukrainians: It is vitally important that the suffering of your people be given full and accurate coverage on as many mediums as possible.  Thus, to keep this channel open, it is vital that you do NOT respond emotionally in this thread.  It is a big ask, but hopefully you can see the need to keep the information flowing.

Thankfully, I've been relatively chill. Frankly, the massacre is hands down the most upsetting news story I ever heard, but I know that taking my anger out on the people around me isn't a productive way of dealing with it.

Peacing out till the next update.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2022, 08:26:56 pm »

Thanks for remaining chill. Hopefully this arrangement will work out well.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2022, 10:23:56 pm »

PTW.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2022, 02:08:57 am »

https://twitter.com/olex_scherba/status/1511346270853545997 - In a Russian social network, one Russian openly boasted about what he did in Bucha and promised to come back cut off more heads. Of course, it is now claimed that his Vkontakte account (https://vk.com/mtkach2001) was hacked

_________

https://twitter.com/ioannZH/status/1511600428500324352
 Abandoned Russian camp in the Chernobyl zone. Ther did dig trenches there.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2022, 03:47:13 am by Strongpoint »
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2022, 03:54:22 am »

I have nothing to add to the conversation but a PTW.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2022, 05:07:14 am »

YouTube has suspended the account of a Chinese vlogger who reported on the Russian invasion of Ukraine.

Spoiler: from BBC live updates (click to show/hide)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2022, 08:49:38 am »

Orbán just said that Hungary has no problems with paying for Russian gas and oil in rubles, if Putin asks them to.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2022, 09:44:24 am »

Spoiler: current map (approx.) (click to show/hide)
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2022, 10:28:26 am »

Not about Ukraine, but since it's related to atrocities committed by Russian soldiers, I'll post it here:

Russian mercenaries from the Wagner Group are accused of killing 300 civilians in Mali.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2022, 11:17:58 am »

PTW, here's hoping this one goes without a meltdown until either the world melts down or Ukraine wins. :V
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2022, 11:36:55 am »

Here's hoping.

Ganondworf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2022, 02:15:34 am »

US Senate unanimously approves Lend-Lease.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/04/06/senate-unanimously-approves-lend-lease-00023668 

This is a major development, right? Or am I missing something?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 60