Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 38

Author Topic: Jade Court - Game Over - All's Well That Ends Well  (Read 30029 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Jade Court - Game Over - All's Well That Ends Well
« on: May 07, 2022, 08:06:39 pm »

The morning was a morning much like any other. The shining green crystal-marble walls of the Jade Palace enclosed the Court-chosen Emperor and his retinue, and from his throne he proclaimed the law of the land.

This was no tyrant's kingdom, but an empire of merit and achievement. The Emperor had been selected for his wisdom and education, and his accomplishments as the Court Minister of Agriculture prior to his election. Before his decisions, he listened to the words of his advisors, the other members of the Jade Court. He was not an infallible man, but he was well-loved for his fairness and well-reasoned decisions.

The morning was a morning much like any other, and the Emperor had a crossbow bolt sticking out of his neck. It was an uncanny, unreal thing. The Emperor gurgled in his death throes, twitching, then lay still.

The funeral was tense, as the mourners cried out in the Palace roads. "Woe!" They cried, for the empire had lost its Emperor. And as the Emperor was laid to rest, you received word from the imperial investigators assigned to discover the truth of the Emperor's assassination. There was no doubt about it, now. The Emperor had been assassinated by a pawn of the Onyx Cabal - and they would be making a play for the bloodstained throne they had emptied.

Among the Court, you were chosen to be one of the electors, and nine more joined you. By the time you learned that the Onyx Cabal had infiltrated your electorate, it was too late to cease the proceedings. You resolved to ensure that the throne would find a worthy successor. You resolved that the empire would not fall to ruin by the acts of an Onyx Emperor.

Or were you one of the conspirators, scheming eagerly for the day you would seize your rightful place at the head of this empire? None could say. Not till the bitter end of the Jade Court's election of the new Emperor.

Welcome to Jade Court, a ten-player election mafia. The goal of this game isn't to execute the traitors among you or murder the innocent, but to make sure that your faction has a member elected Emperor. While power roles will be relevant, I'll take a break from my prior preferences - not everyone will have abilities, and the abilities that are present will be weaker in comparison to my prior games. This is a bit of an experimental format, but I'll do my best to make sure it's balanced and fun to play.

Core Rules:
- The game shall possess ten players. Seven of those ten players will possess the Jade Court alignment, and the remaining three will possess the Onyx Cabal alignment. Onyx Cabal members share a private chat together which may be used at any time. Since Quicktopic is dead, we'll use Discord for this.

- If all three Nominated players are of the Jade Court alignment, they will form a Jade Council and the Jade Court-aligned players will win. If all three Nominated players are of the Onyx Cabal alignment, they will lead a coup, seize control of the Jade Palace, and the Onyx Cabal will win immediately. Otherwise, the winning faction will be whichever faction has one of its members elected Emperor.

- The game will occur over four Day phases. There will be no other phases, nor will the game last longer than the end of the fourth Day phase. Each Day phase will last for 72 hours, not counting time spent on weekends.

- During the first three Day phases, the players will vote for Nomination. At the end of the Day, whichever player has received the most Nomination votes will be Nominated. In the event of a tied Nomination, the Day will continue until the tie is broken and no further. Once a player has been Nominated, they cannot be Nominated again. Furthermore, they may no longer use or be affected by [Direct] abilities, though they may still use or be affected by [Influence] abilities.

- On the final Day phase, assuming no faction instantly wins, the players will then vote for Election. All players who were not Nominated may now vote from among the Nominated players to select an Emperor. At the end of the final Day phase, whichever player has received the most Election votes will become Emperor. In the event of a tied Election, the Day will continue until the tie is broken and no further. Whichever faction has one of its members Elected Emperor will then win.

- Please vote in blue for Election and Nomination. Votes may be freely moved between players or removed under normal circumstances.

- Vote counts will be released every 24 hours, at 8 PM Central time. Active-use abilities that do not resolve at the end of the Day will also resolve at this time. I may also post other vote counts on request or when appropriate, when I have the time to make them, though abilities will not resolve at those times.

- Please also try to be reasonably civil to your fellow players. Some aggression is understandable, but we're all playing a game here. If you feel the need to take a breather, please do so.

- I shouldn't need to say this, but no quoting mod communications, including your role PM, in the game thread. If you're a member of the Onyx Cabal, you may quote mod communications in your private chat.

Spoiler: Niche Rules (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ability Rules (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sect Rules (click to show/hide)

Signups:
  • EuchreJack
  • Maximum Spin -> hector13
  • Roden
  • Jim Groovester
  • Egan_BW
  • Knightwing64
  • notquitethere
  • webadict
  • reina
  • ToonyMan
« Last Edit: May 20, 2022, 03:07:32 am by FallacyofUrist »
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Jade Court - You Must Elect A Worthy Emperor! (1 / 10)
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2022, 08:28:18 pm »

Sure, in

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Jade Court - You Must Elect A Worthy Emperor! (1 / 10)
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2022, 08:45:28 pm »

In.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Jade Court - You Must Elect A Worthy Emperor! (3 / 10)
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2022, 10:35:08 pm »

I will play.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2022, 10:39:23 pm »

let me in! let me iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin!

ha ha, the smarts can't votekill me for being unhelpful in a game with no votekills! a perfect game to learn in!

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2022, 10:51:43 pm »

ha ha, the smarts can't votekill me for being unhelpful in a game with no votekills! a perfect game to learn in!
What do you mean "learn"? Didn't you win my crazy game? You seemed to do fine there. :P

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2022, 10:57:31 pm »

That was my first game. I won it by using a day ability which sends a message claiming that I died but which doesn't actually kill me and then lurking for the right moment. If I get that ability this game I'll use it.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Jade Court - You Must Elect A Worthy Emperor! (5 / 10)
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2022, 12:22:42 am »

I hate that I’m back on this section of the bloody forum.

Watching currently.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2022, 06:08:22 am »

IN

Don’t worry guys, I’ve taken anti lurking classes

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2022, 12:43:50 pm »

May the Jade Emperor Reign for 1000 years!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Jade Court - You Must Elect A Worthy Emperor! (7 / 10)
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2022, 11:13:58 pm »

I suppose I'll In.

reina

• Bay Watcher
  • Femme Anarchy
    • View Profile
Re: Jade Court - You Must Elect A Worthy Emperor! (8 / 10)
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2022, 12:37:45 am »

Count me in

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Jade Court - You Must Elect A Worthy Emperor! (9 / 10)
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2022, 04:49:05 pm »

I will join.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Jade Court - You Must Elect A Worthy Emperor! (10 / 10)
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2022, 05:35:08 pm »

And that makes 10. I'll see about getting us started tonight, but if I end up needing more time for the setup, it'll be tomorrow.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 38