Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Newly bought gaming laptop has discoloruation on monitor edge.  (Read 2727 times)

Piotrhabera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Greetings! I once again come asking for advice. Today I have noticed that my gaming laptop's monitor (the same item) has yet another defect. In this case, it's a greyish discolouration on the lower left corner of my monitor. This discolouration isn't visible on any intensely coloured background, however it is noticeable on black. What is the cause of the problem, and how do I fix it?
Worth noting is that the discolouration disappears when I press the edge where it is on slightly.

And to answer the previous post about the whirring sound: it turns out that the cooling system was defective, so it was replaced.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: Newly bought gaming laptop has discoloruation on monitor edge.
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2022, 11:40:40 am »

Is the display OLED?

Piotrhabera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2022, 11:47:19 am »

It's certainly an IPS monitor, although I don't know whenether or not that classifies as OLED...

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2022, 11:33:57 pm »

Coming up next: "Newly bought gaming laptop has achieved sentience"
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.