Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 64

Author Topic: Beginner Mafia 2: BYOR Edition - Game Over!  (Read 34845 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner Mafia 2: BYOR Edition - Day 1: Bwuk Bwuk Little Chickens
« Reply #375 on: July 12, 2022, 09:54:17 pm »

wait a sec,

6 to Hammer. Day ends on July 13, 2022 at 20:00 CDT (22 hours and 17 minutes remaining.)

5 to Hammer. Day ends on July 13, 2022 at 20:00 CDT (22 hours and 47 minutes remaining.)[/font]
Web: Is this an error?
Hmm.  An error or someone used a day ability?  We'll find out.
I think that's just what he meant by
Another note:  I fixed the vote count so that No One, Not Voting, and the Hammer count properly factor in vote weight.  Sorry about that!
Counting Egan as 2, there would be 10 votes outstanding, so one more than one half is 6. But previously, it didn't factor that in properly, and just counted number of players, giving 5.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: July 12, 2022, 09:54:52 pm »

Judging from web's comment, the code wasn't set up to count my double vote for "not voting", "no one", and for the hammer calculation. So 5 was the error, it was always supposed to be 6 to hammer, and I can't hammer Tric.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: July 12, 2022, 09:57:36 pm »

wait a sec,

6 to Hammer. Day ends on July 13, 2022 at 20:00 CDT (22 hours and 17 minutes remaining.)

5 to Hammer. Day ends on July 13, 2022 at 20:00 CDT (22 hours and 47 minutes remaining.)[/font]
Another note:  I fixed the vote count so that No One, Not Voting, and the Hammer count properly factor in vote weight.  Sorry about that!
Counting Egan as 2, there would be 10 votes outstanding, so one more than one half is 6. But previously, it didn't factor that in properly, and just counted number of players, giving 5.
The ending of BYOR 0 makes me doubt that hammer is calculated that way.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: July 12, 2022, 10:01:55 pm »

wait a sec,

The ending of BYOR 0 makes me doubt that hammer is calculated that way.

That being said, the hammer count went up to 6 and then web posted the correction notice.  So that would make me believe 6 is the -true- hammer count.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: July 12, 2022, 10:08:36 pm »

Either way, 21 hours until day ends and no extensions.  We're entering the "put up or shut up" phase.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: July 12, 2022, 10:11:56 pm »

[[Thanks to Webadict's invitation, I can give neutral advice.

1) At no point did the mod designate anyone an IC, Experienced Player, or anything else that would indicate who is or who is not qualified to give advice.
In fact, I would not classify myself an Experienced Player, but Webadict's did not limit whom could give neutral advice.
SO... you ALL can give advice! It might even help in convincing others that You Are Town, and who doesn't want that?  ;D

2) Advice is hard to read if not formatted properly.  Use numbering, paragraphs, and labels to break up your walls of text. You can even differentiate different things, like
Rational for Vote Advice and @Player: Answer this Question

3) Keep discussion of the game in-thread, or scumchat if you have one. Discussing the game in Discord is a consolation prize for of those of us who are unable to play. Including those who die via death chat.]]

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: July 12, 2022, 10:14:15 pm »

[[Thanks to Webadict's invitation, I can give neutral advice.

1) At no point did the mod designate anyone an IC, Experienced Player, or anything else that would indicate who is or who is not qualified to give advice.
In fact, I would not classify myself an Experienced Player, but Webadict's did not limit whom could give neutral advice.
SO... you ALL can give advice! It might even help in convincing others that You Are Town, and who doesn't want that?  ;D

2) Advice is hard to read if not formatted properly.  Use numbering, paragraphs, and labels to break up your walls of text. You can even differentiate different things, like
Rational for Vote Advice and @Player: Answer this Question

3) Keep discussion of the game in-thread, or scumchat if you have one. Discussing the game in Discord is a consolation prize for of those of us who are unable to play. Including those who die via death chat.]]

[[As to your point #1, neutral advice should be -neutral-.  I disagree that that should influence alignment perceptions.]]

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: July 12, 2022, 10:19:38 pm »

[[As to your point #1, neutral advice should be -neutral-.  I disagree that that should influence alignment perceptions.]]
As you're not dead yet, it's probably best if we all assume every post you make is part of the game.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: July 12, 2022, 10:20:33 pm »

As you're not dead yet, it's probably best if we all assume every post you make is part of the game.

Correct, so I will refrain from using double brackets again until I -am- dead. 

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: July 12, 2022, 10:47:25 pm »

wait a sec,

The 5 hammer count was only correct at Day start.  All others should have been 6.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: July 12, 2022, 10:51:54 pm »

The 5 hammer count was only correct at Day start.  All others should have been 6.
Noted, and I have a theory about why this might be the case, but would like to keep it to myself until tomorrow.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: July 13, 2022, 12:29:07 am »

...Kinda tempted to angle for a Knightwing elimination, since if Max is in fact a "Knightwing scum detector" when flipping Knight gives me an image of Max's alignment. But that also feels pretty pseudoscientific.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: July 13, 2022, 12:58:38 am »

Musings, soon to be refined into a more coherent post. I just need to get my thoughts on paper, so to speak.

Lenglon is probably the towniest of all of us. The intent behind the aggressive scum hunting and interrogation has been clear. She's been the most engaged of everyone here, more than me, more than Max, more than Shakerag, and so on. I can't see her as non-town.

NJW2000 and Shakerag occupy the same sort of haziness in my mind. I think I need to give them both a closer look, really, since I have a feeling of 'sorta townie?' on them both. But not for any concrete reasons, which is unacceptable.

Maximum Spin and Knightwing exist in the same spectrum. They both see each other as town. Max's play started off really weak and suspicious, but once given information to engage with and sufficiently prodded by Lenglon, improved. I'm tempted to see that as just a fault of their play style and not an alignment tell, but I have to factor it in. Knightwing has been doggedly pursued by Lenglon for refusing to answer a question with any amount of detail. Ultimately if I vote Knightwing, it'll be for policy reasons, as all I have on him is minor suspicions at most.

TricMagic is a void. Not present enough to read.

Lidku actually seems to be settling in well. Slow start, but more informative and analytical posts. Hesitant town lean.

Egan opened with the equivalent of flipping the table by performing some vote fuckery (the fact that they did this on Day 1 suggests that it's not a limited resource, and I'm one-fifth throwing around the conspiracy theory that they just spent the mafiakill on a permanent extra vote). I think we have to set aside the whole omega miller thing and just look at their actual behavior, apart from the claim. As much as I enjoy their style, they may actually be acting scummy.

And then there's me. I may or may not be executed today, I hope I'm not. I don't trust Egan.

Roles wise:
I've claimed that all my actions show up as mafiakills.
Egan's claimed omega miller.
Maximum Spin has claimed to sorta kinda be a commuter ish.

Things I need to look into:
Egan's behavior beyond omega miller claim related stuff.

NJW and Shakerag's behavior overall, so I can see if I can cast them one way or another. I'm more inclined to trust NJW than Shake, but I haven't given things a thorough look yet.

Stay tuned.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: July 13, 2022, 01:20:14 am »

After reviewing Egan's posts, just going by behavior alone?

The spooky, scummy thing is that they have no suspicions.

Good questions? Yes. Good interactions? Yes. Audacity? Yes.

But... they haven't expressed suspicion of anyone, not even once. Not a single 'this person is scummy'. Their current vote is a policy one at best, an easy pickoff at worst. I don't like that.

Egan_BW: Who's scum?
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: July 13, 2022, 01:21:35 am »

But... they haven't expressed suspicion of anyone, not even once. Not a single 'this person is scummy'. Their current vote is a policy one at best, an easy pickoff at worst. I don't like that.
EBWOP: actually they don't even have a current vote because they unvoted, but now they're 'tempted to angle for' an execution on the person they unvoted, Knightwing.

Omega miller aside, this is scummy behavior.
Generic Arms Race.

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 64