Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11

Author Topic: Shadow Empire - Galactic Republic vs League of Hoboken - AARs and shit, maybe  (Read 11623 times)

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

IDK, I'm seeing prices rebound. The merchants seem normal to me... but I've got over a hundred turns of play in across a few games since the patch that made merchants fussier, so I may not have the same expectations as you.

Are you varying what you sell and trying to take a few months off for demand to pick back up?

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile

It's certainly possible that I'm just used to faster rebounds.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile

I think the lack of a third major is definitely hurting both of your ability to sell.

I'm also intrigued by the level of radiation in your game.  In most games, radiation levels are so low they hardly matter much.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I notice the main dissolution blurb says "To make things worse nuclear fallout claimed the lives of many". I guess maybe that's just a general high radiation property rather than it being tied to a specific event? Radiation actually mattering does seem like a fun obstacle.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It sorta matters. Like, it's very much a terrain feature. When my forces were being slaughtered by dromoid war machines in the Azona Exclusion Zone (yes, "Azona" - our ancestors were not creative), they also were facing heavy morale penalties from how irradiated they were. OTOH, now that we've finally ended the emu threat to humanity and are facing their human former neighbors (who are led by mysterious tall, heavyset robed people who wear caked-on makeup and whose knees seem to pop, creak, and clank with every step), radiation is mostly a non-issue. Now, if they managed to push the front back 2 or 3 hexes, we'd be right back in it with 300-400 rads being the norm, but I wanna say most of the front is rad-free at this point. So while we have big, strong radiation pockets, it's not like we rolled a solar flare where every the background radiation for a "normal" hex is ~100r. Lot more zones with those pockets than I expected, tho...

[Sidenote: I wouldn't know it from looking at their stats, but I'm beginning to think I'd benefit from taking my Model Design director out and shooting them. Always nice when you start with a really bad model, yet somehow manage to design a replacement that's even worse. Well, except for the engine. -20% move penalty is a dream compared to the original's -60%...]
« Last Edit: August 27, 2022, 02:09:48 pm by E. Albright »

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In our neck of the woods, there's only one city with no radiation on its hex - and that's one of my starting ones. A true haven of calm. The rest that I can see are all ~50 to ~300 rads. The vast austrelien lands are so toxic, it's not really feasible to conquer them for now, even as we murder the crockodogs and friends, as the infantry starts to melt after a while and we can't afford enough vehicles to secure it unsupported. The narrow causeways on approach to enemy cities are all glowing with all the colours of the radioactive rainbow. The pockets that I see are pockets >without< radiation.
Probably why the terrible Galactic Empire (we know what you are) has TWICE the area under its control. Outrageous!
This is all terribly unfair and that's why we need YOUR support! Send donations to our Patreon at GalacticEmpireIsADoodoo. Also like and subscribe, and hit that bell button.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmph. Calling us a doodoo? That's slander. We're dodos, dammitt! Um, I mean, we're definitely humans, and the whole emu thing is very sincere and not a misdirection.

(Also, yeah, our capital is the only rad-free city we've seen. Rest are 50 - 250. The Exclusion Zone we pushed through was deemed exclusionary b/c it mostly ranged 300-to-not-quite-500 rads. Now, we DO have vast swathes of radiation-free land - it's just inaccessible and mostly empty...)

[Edit: OUCH. Just got an adventurers event. Half of them were dead before I ever saw them b/c they found a geyser turbine that's sitting in a 1288 rad hex. If they run for our borders like their lives depend on it (spoilers: they do), they can make it all the way back to a nice, safe, gentle 972r hex. It looks like there's a band at least 24 hexes tall and 6-12 wide in that direction that's all angry purple 1000r+. I take it all back, this may be the single most irradiated planet I've ever played on.]
« Last Edit: August 27, 2022, 02:30:31 pm by E. Albright »

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, mine spawned in spidey land, and had a reasonable chance of getting home with modest, maybe 50%, losses. But then I forgot to move them and now they're all dead.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

For the entertainment of the peanut gallery, a partial bestiary of Vozoso Teritia. I've seen far, far worse, but some of these are looking pretty annoying, and I'm sure there's a few cuties I haven't run into yet.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't know much about this game but I'll PTW anyway.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Bloody hell, I thought the aforementioned structural design 83 was the worst I was going to see from my "design" council. I am, alas, an optimist.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I can assure you, all our models have 130 structural design. I'm sure in no time we will get to 131 even!

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Bloody hell, I thought the aforementioned structural design 83 was the worst I was going to see from my "design" council. I am, alas, an optimist.

I see your colonists subscribe to a very WW2 Italian style of design!  :P

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh my lord. Critical failure. Danger +72. And it wasn't exactly 0 beforehand either.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If it makes you feel better, I had a critical failure this turn that gave me +40 danger and cost me 4k population
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11