- 0 (0%)
Bloodsinger
- 0 (0%)
Boar
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: May 27, 2023, 04:40:22 am

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 52

Author Topic: Hedge Lords - Medieval Fantasy 4X game - COMPLETED  (Read 20793 times)

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hedge Lords - Medieval Fantasy 4X game - TURN 6 - MARROWFAT
« Reply #240 on: May 24, 2023, 05:50:19 pm »

Ok. With a 5 army assist this fight is much safer. I would offer 2 stone and 2 gold.
Not for buying them, because my army cap would delete them. Instead I'd pay you to march those armies to A7 this turn and aid me in my fight there. Any surviving armies would return, of course.
That's a bit lower than I expected. How about instead of the gold, a futures contract on 3 stone deliverable 3 turns from now? (basically your quarry production, but insured against you losing the site)
That is on the expensive side, but if the other parties involved agree (and do not make a cheaper offer ;) ) I will take it. Please wait for them to weigh in before committing the action.

Note: I know this isn't risky ventures, I'm trusting you to keep faith with the contract. Because I belive in your high moral character and because I would be violently angry, if you don't keep it.
Trust appreciated - though instead of my dubious moral character, I'd say you can trust me because no one would ever deal with me again in online games if I broke my word. ;)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: May 24, 2023, 06:06:40 pm »

BTW, since I'm getting these back, 5 armies are still for sale, if anyone else needs them.
I'll start the bid with 1 gold. :D
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: May 24, 2023, 06:08:53 pm »

BTW, since I'm getting these back, 5 armies are still for sale, if anyone else needs them.
I'll start the bid with 1 gold. :D
I can get 2 gold for them on the market, so obviously the lowest bid I will accept is 3 gold.  :P
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
Re: Hedge Lords - Medieval Fantasy 4X game - TURN 7 - MONSTERS
« Reply #243 on: May 24, 2023, 06:31:40 pm »

Hah, I can't actually accept five armies at the moment anyways, unless I garrison some and THEN accept the armies. Which... is probably legal, since trade between players happens any time during the turn, rather than right at the start?
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: May 24, 2023, 06:43:28 pm »

You win this race Egan lol rip that mountain pass.

My scouting is a bit weird, when I absorbed the hill I see "From the hill: NW: you see unusual site" However, NW was already scouted last turn and is as far as I can tell, just a normal marsh? Am I misunderstanding something there or bug? Criptifeind can't tell east from west.

Also I scouted O9 and found a dragon with stone+gold but the dragon was placed on O8, displacing whatever the unusual site is I think?
« Last Edit: May 24, 2023, 06:47:42 pm by Criptfeind »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: May 24, 2023, 07:11:06 pm »

I'm looking for assistance in the fight against the lair with the dragon.

If you're paying the way up north (assuming A1s would even accept the offer since I'm directly competing against them) I'd do it for 1 stone with 6 armies with the additional condition that I'd be sending the last femur to pick up skeletons in the fight, and if it's somehow lost and it ends up in there, when it's recovered it comes back to me.

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: May 24, 2023, 07:25:33 pm »

If you're paying the way up north (assuming A1s would even accept the offer since I'm directly competing against them) I'd do it for 1 stone with 6 armies with the additional condition that I'd be sending the last femur to pick up skeletons in the fight, and if it's somehow lost and it ends up in there, when it's recovered it comes back to me.
Yes, I pay the Lords in between. This is a good offer, I would agree to those terms.

a1s, would you agree to let the skeltons pass if I pay you 1 gold?

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: May 24, 2023, 07:36:00 pm »

Yes, I pay the Lords in between. This is a good offer, I would agree to those terms.

a1s, would you agree to let the skeltons pass if I pay you 1 gold?
I will do it for 1 stone.
Also, this is a magnificent offer, I'm not going to even try and compete with it. My hat is off to you, Criptfeind
« Last Edit: May 24, 2023, 07:38:43 pm by a1s »
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: May 24, 2023, 07:36:22 pm »

If permission for me to move though peoples lands this turn is obtained, I'd also be using it as an opportunity to utilize the The Grove of Tusks.

As a question to the notquitethere: If me and Quarque attacked the marrowthrone and I ended up holding the throne, and then paid the grove of tusks in that same turn, would that end up as I wish it too, with me holding the marrowthrone and 0 retaliation percentage? If that is indeed how that works. I'd offer that to Quarque, so you don't have to also use the grove of tusks. Of course, this comes at the cost of me obtaining the throne, so you'd have to decide if you value having it more then you value not having those bonus anger points. I'm okay either way, just an offer in case you actively don't want the throne.

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: May 24, 2023, 07:45:51 pm »

I will do it for 1 stone.
Deal. In fact, I offer Vermilionskies and Kashyyk the choice of being paid in the resource of their choice as well (1 gold, 1 stone or 1 wood)

I'd offer that to Quarque, so you don't have to also use the grove of tusks. Of course, this comes at the cost of me obtaining the throne, so you'd have to decide if you value having it more then you value not having those bonus anger points. I'm okay either way, just an offer in case you actively don't want the throne.
That is generous, you can certainly have the throne. I feel that you deserve a bonus for keeping it, so will also give you the Pellucid Orb then (as soon as I have it - with bad luck a bloodsinger could escape).

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: May 24, 2023, 07:52:41 pm »

You win this race Egan lol rip that mountain pass.
Yeah, 15 bog cats right on the pass is unfortunate luck for you.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: May 24, 2023, 08:00:27 pm »

The fact that they get 4 defense is really the topping on the cake really, I think that means without siege gear or archers they can't even be killed on the turn that I attack? Since I'd roll 1d8-1 and need to roll a 8 to kill one?

Although it does mean I could stack like 8 siege gear and kill them all super safely I guess?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: May 24, 2023, 08:10:26 pm »

8 Siege gear would do it, but you'd need the equivalent of 16 armies to take out all the enemies in the one turn your 8 engines last for, which probably requires you to work with someone else, and there's no reward for defeating them.

VermilionSkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: May 24, 2023, 08:18:33 pm »

Updated sheet:
Spoiler: Gerald Wright (click to show/hide)
I'll also take one stone for passage.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: May 24, 2023, 08:23:16 pm »

there's no reward for defeating them.

Fuck bog hags thou, all my homies hate bog hags.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 52