- 0 (0%)
Bloodsinger
- 0 (0%)
Boar
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: May 27, 2023, 04:40:22 am

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 52

Author Topic: Hedge Lords - Medieval Fantasy 4X game - COMPLETED  (Read 21961 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Hedge Lords - Medieval Fantasy 4X game - TURN 8 - CATS
« Reply #285 on: May 26, 2023, 06:44:12 am »

Ppe

Not sure how that unusual site turned into a marsh, but I'll sort it out on Monday. For now, assume that there are still cats and hags there and it'll be clarified later. I'll also process the missed fight and whatever else.

But first... I have to put up a tent!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: May 26, 2023, 07:42:59 am »

gooooooold! :D :D :D
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: May 26, 2023, 10:35:09 am »

(A question for ya when you get back next week)

3 armies 2 skeletons 1 skeleton archer continue sieging fort Hawthorn 1/5 at Q14: Your armies attack (with two skeletons) (7, 7, 7, 4 and 4), damaging the walls (1) and breaking through into the fort, defeating two of the enemies (Thornish holdout and Thornish holdout).
All enemies are defeated and the marshland is absorbed into your county.

Digging into this more, am I understanding correctly that what happened here is that the first 7 caused the wall to break and then it immediately went into "normal" combat mid rolls with the subsequent sevens killing the enemies under normal combat rules? If so, how do archers and their +1 fit into the instantly swapping combat rules? Siege weapons as well?

Also doesn't matter but I guess the skeleton archer didn't attack, probably just a minor error in the input that didn't include it. Maybe I need a better way to notate the forces being sent, especially if things get more complicated.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2023, 10:44:37 am by Criptfeind »

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Re: Hedge Lords - Medieval Fantasy 4X game - TURN 6 - MARROWFAT
« Reply #288 on: May 27, 2023, 02:36:43 pm »

orders:
Buy 7 stone
Sell 12 wood
Build Tower
March 5 on M14
Scout M14-M15
Scout N8-N7-O7
Scout M9-L10-K10
Scout M8-M7-N6
Scout M8-L8-K8
Socut M8-L7-K7
Scout M8-L9-K9
Scout O8-O7-O6 buy 3 cats.

Will pay 3:2 gold for stone! or 2:1 wood for stone.
Still willing to sell off some armies/do mercenary work.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2023, 03:01:57 pm by a1s »
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: May 27, 2023, 02:50:30 pm »

Well rip. I'll send the orb back to you Quarque since our plan for the marrowfat failed. I guess "undefended" means "not behind a wall" not " notdefended by other monsters". At least you have tons of gold to pay it off later.
That's kind, but you can keep it if you like, you earned it. Not your fault that the bugger escaped.

Sorry for the late reply, wanted to say though thanks, that's mighty generous of you. I'll cherish this orb as a souvenir of my adventures in the north. Maybe I can attach it to the last femur to make some sorta wizards staff, they gota have an orb on top, right?

Another question for notquitethere when he gets back from camping. How do blood forges work? Specifically, are they one use or multi use?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2023, 03:13:55 pm by Criptfeind »

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: May 27, 2023, 11:19:28 pm »

no worries

@Kashyyk: I see you have a wolf problem. I'll let you use my wolf crystal for a turn if I can have half of the wolves.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: May 28, 2023, 03:36:31 am »

@Kashyyk: I see you have a wolf problem. I'll let you use my wolf crystal for a turn if I can have half of the wolves.
Yeah,  I'll take that deal.

16 Gold is spent to buy 8 Stone
A Barracks is built for 10 Stone
3 Siege Engines are built for 6 Wood
1x Infantry garrisons Shandston's Folly
1x Infantry with Bockhaven's Wolf Crystal, marches on H12
9x Infantry and 3x Siege Engines march on Fort Heather H13

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: May 28, 2023, 06:30:53 am »

ok!

Orders:
edit: orders changed, see below
Lend the Wolf Crystal to Prince Mackial FitzHarbort
Sell 2 wood for 1 gold
Buy 9 stone for 18 gold
Build a barracks
March 3 with Rhuddy Cape at A8
March 5 at C12
March 1 at D10
Send a scout to F12 to sacrifice 10 gold, then continue scouting* - E13 - E14
*: if that is allowed, otherwise just sac the gold
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[/s]
« Last Edit: May 30, 2023, 04:51:49 am by Quarque »

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: May 29, 2023, 09:40:05 am »

I am back!

I have updated the previous post with the missing unique site. It's a hag-related one which incidentally allowed an extra tile to be scouted. I've also put in the missing battle in the southeast corner. I'll be updating the turn in a few hours probably, so feel free to make any last minute changes accordingly.

Another question for notquitethere when he gets back from camping. How do blood forges work? Specifically, are they one use or multi use?
Multiuse, but only once set of sacrifices per turn.

Digging into this more, am I understanding correctly that what happened here is that the first 7 caused the wall to break and then it immediately went into "normal" combat mid rolls with the subsequent sevens killing the enemies under normal combat rules? If so, how do archers and their +1 fit into the instantly swapping combat rules? Siege weapons as well?
Currently, the engine gives the archers and seige engines the bonus when the roll is made, and each dice is assigned one-by-one to the walls or, if no more walls, to normal combat.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2023, 10:06:40 am by notquitethere »

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: May 29, 2023, 09:56:15 am »

Question: what does releasing an unfriendly cat from a bag do? or is that a surprise?
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: May 29, 2023, 10:04:23 am »

Question: what does releasing an unfriendly cat from a bag do? or is that a surprise?
It would act as a unit hostile to Alkabarian (and Thornish etc. forces), and friendly to monster-aligned forces. If let loose by a scout, the scout would flee as if they had encountered it in the wild naturally.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: May 29, 2023, 10:06:21 am »

Okay... naturally I'm going to have redo my turn so I'm not sending an army in against 30 cats. Might not have time to do that right now.

Edit: Since scouts can go though the hag market, I think my scout last turn should also have scouted O7, if I understand correctly. (Both me and a1s scouted the hag market this turn and you only edited their scouting results.)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2023, 10:11:12 am by Criptfeind »

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: May 29, 2023, 10:25:46 am »

Edit: Since scouts can go though the hag market, I think my scout last turn should also have scouted O7, if I understand correctly. (Both me and a1s scouted the hag market this turn and you only edited their scouting results.)
Right you are. I've updated accordingly with the O7 result

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: May 29, 2023, 10:45:50 am »

imho a giant along your side would inspire courage, but maybe it should depend on wound status. ie, perhaps a giant at 1/3 health could count as 1 unit and a healthy giant as 3, for the purpose of the retreat count?
I'll have a think. It probably makes sense for them and dragons to count in this way. That way attacking dragons will flee properly when injured.
Did you decide yet?

A few questions about player-aligned wolves.
Are they allowed to perform actions on their own, such as marching or scouting?
What happens if they flee during a fight, do they remain under your ownership?
I think they only flee when a fellow wolf dies (or half army strength), not when a regular army dies. Correct?
Does the bitter brew prevent them from fleeing, if you have it?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: May 29, 2023, 10:57:32 am »

imho a giant along your side would inspire courage, but maybe it should depend on wound status. ie, perhaps a giant at 1/3 health could count as 1 unit and a healthy giant as 3, for the purpose of the retreat count?
I'll have a think. It probably makes sense for them and dragons to count in this way. That way attacking dragons will flee properly when injured.
Did you decide yet?
Yes I think I will amend the engine to take into account giant and dragon health when weighing up whether to flee. It's more consistent that way too.

A few questions about player-aligned wolves.
Are they allowed to perform actions on their own, such as marching or scouting?
No, monster units cannot perform actions unaccompanied. (This helps keep the action economy pegged to your max army count even though there's no limit on monster units.)

What happens if they flee during a fight, do they remain under your ownership?
I had in mind that they would revert back to being wild wolves, but the artefact description doesn't say that, and units, once joined to your army, usually remain. So they will remain under ownership. I could have had weilding the artefact necessary for continued monster unit control, but I didn't go down that route, so I guess it's fine.

I think they only flee when a fellow wolf dies (or half army strength), not when a regular army dies. Correct?
Correct, they only care about wolf deaths.

Does the bitter brew prevent them from fleeing, if you have it?
Sure, that makes sense to me.

Send a scout to F12 to sacrifice 10 gold, then continue scouting* - E13 - E14
[/b]*: if that is allowed, otherwise just sac the gold
Yes, units who scout to a special site can continue scouting if they have tiles remaining to play with.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 52