Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37

Author Topic: (Succession) Speargroove nano fortresss,  (Read 69532 times)

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (Succession) Speargroove nano fortresss, Sign ups in progress, again...
« Reply #510 on: September 02, 2009, 02:26:16 am »

Story of Bembul, the outspoken slave.

1st of Granite 212,
What a triumph, I merely a slave to the cause of Speargroove have been selected by a fine committee and a quick game of magma roulette. The magma chose, me, and by escaping with my life, I have proven myself worthy of becoming the next leader of speargroove as it ascends into greatness. As the new leader, I wish to get a system of pumps to bring the lava skyward, so we can spread the message of Magma, the great creator and destroyer. Our holy one! May magma bring greatness to all!

Plans:
Pump magma up here...

3rd of Granite:
First things first, setting up a structure for the pumping tower is needed before any pumping can begin. Work is done to see how we can take apart the current fortifications and modify the current pump set up to allow us pumpage.

5th of Granite:
Hmm this is not set up in a way that will allow easier sky flooding. Ah well, no one said it was going to be easy.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: September 02, 2009, 06:22:41 am »

Don't I know it.  :(

And I suppose my problem here was that with all the engineering crap going on, it gets difficult to actually build anything elegant.

And I'm the guy who likes making massive walls just because they look good, and nothing for utility.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: September 02, 2009, 08:01:28 am »

I'll take turn 5. october sounds good for me.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Time Kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • Evil Spirit
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: September 02, 2009, 01:59:46 pm »

I say we make the pump tower in the shape of a seal, encircled with bands of iron (hoops) to best show our appreciation for our gods (barbarossa)

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: September 03, 2009, 11:31:42 pm »

6th of Granite:
I have ordered the miners to get to work on digging out more stone for the construction of the tower. Currently the tower will exist over the top of the  current magma levee.
E.g.

I have also ordered the building of a bridge off to the edge of the map. Hopefully we can get some traders to spawn from here.

17th of Granite:
The bridge is complete. And so is the first level of our pumping tower.

10th of Slate:
Work on the pump tower is slowing as we do not have enough pumps. In the mean time I have ordered the masons to connect the new bridge to the outside world with our trade depot.

16th of Slate, to tidy up the stench around here. I have ordered the mass culling of all animals that can not help out around the fortress. This includes the established colony of pigs and piglets that have grown to overwhelming numbers. Hmm it looks like pork roast for dinner tonight... And the rest of the year...
The animals that are slightly more useful are to be caged.

25th of Slate:
The new traders bridge is done. I am now about to test it to see if traders can cross it. Currently the bridge is raised, I don't know if any nasty creatures lurk on the other side of it, thus i will station the military nearby in case of an ambush.

26th of Slate:
Our new bridge works! And even better there were no creatures waiting in ambush. Now all I have to do is wait for the traders and or immigrants and we can be rich again. For the time being I will leave the drawbridge down, just to test if we do get traders, if I keep the military stationed there we should be alright.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: September 03, 2009, 11:35:55 pm »

Unless we usually don't get traders by the end of summer, that sin't gonna work. Perhaps making a cast obsidian bridge, but not a construction.

But let us see.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: September 04, 2009, 05:57:58 am »

I love this fort.

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: September 06, 2009, 05:01:03 am »

9th of Felsite:
Hmm, everything is going as usual around here. Our screw pump tower is up to level 3 with all pump parts built we can concentrate completely on the tower.

21st of Felsite:
It seems the tied up giant eagle is craving something, it is acting up and nipping at those nearby.

27th of Felsite:
An animal dissector has been possessed by strange forces. He has claimed a craftdwarves workshop and started gathering supplies. Hmm I wonder what he is making.

6th of Hematite:
The animal dissector has finished with the result of a diorite idol know as "The Reputation of Meshes"

18th of Hematite:
If we are going to bring magma to all. Then we will definitely need a lot of magma proof hatches. Production will begin on iron hatch covers, hmm, I wonder if glass hatch covers will hold back magma. Well It's worth a try. Work will begin on glass hatches as well.

8th of Malachite:
Our tower is up to the 9th z-level. It is now over halfway built.

9th of Malachite:
Great news our marksman, Vabok Palmbooks the permanent-stigmata of Exalting, just gave birth to a baby while on duty. She can now carry this baby into battle using it as a shield against arrows. She must feel really lucky for such a gift.

crash2455

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: September 06, 2009, 10:51:27 pm »

I demand War Giant Eagles
Think you can brave the cold? How about endless waves of zombies, goblins, and orcs? Check out Talltower the Tall Tower of Ice.

Time Kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • Evil Spirit
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: September 06, 2009, 11:54:58 pm »

My dining room, my eagle.

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: September 18, 2009, 09:45:02 pm »

There has been a lack of update recently because i did something terrible to speargroove. I couldn't savescum as my last save was after the accident but before i realized it had occurred. I am now just rolling with it, mega update incoming, expect awesome.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: October 27, 2009, 11:59:29 pm »

BAMP!

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: October 28, 2009, 12:02:33 am »

Still not as bad as I was.

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: October 28, 2009, 12:14:31 am »

Shhh I thought this died, well to be honest I fucked the fortress over and couldn't figure out how to do it justice with my writing.

Time Kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • Evil Spirit
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: October 28, 2009, 01:04:00 am »

my turn yet again?
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37