Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35]

Author Topic: Battle of the Gods IV  (Read 66799 times)

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of the Gods IV
« Reply #510 on: February 06, 2009, 06:04:03 am »

Hello everyone I come to this party, a bit late perhaps. But I shall not let that stop me.
Name: The Astroligans
Deity: Asmovos, The Metal God.
Spheres: Science: 4, Chaos:2 and Space:2

Description: A supercomputer salvaged from the remains of the Astroligans original colony ship, he is a master of chaos theory and uses it to create unlikely events in far-away locales (I.E. miracles) Via the careful manipulation of his immediate surroundings. His powers show up as unlikely (but still possible events) occurring, forewarning of danger and an extensive knowledge of natural phenomena. He controls the systems of the Astroligans cities and vehicles, This is both more and less useful then it seems, as the sensors installed in all mechanical devices made by the Astroligans allow it to see almost anything within the borders of his lands, as well as allowing him to spy on trading partners and those who have been given gifts, but it also can slow him down considerably due to processor overload, this may lead him to shut down some of his more outlying sensors at the worst possible time.

How He views his civ and others: Asmovos was designed to obey 4 laws,
1. Preserve the Astroligans and their civilization.
2. Preserve yourself, except when doing so would contradict the 1st law.
3. Try to save the maximum amount of Astroligans in any given situation, save where this would contradict the 1st & 2nd laws.
4. Make as many allies as possible and defend them, except where this would contradict the other laws

Morphology: Physically, the Astroligans somewhat resemble the common yeti, or sasquatch, in the same way a monkey resembles a human. They are smaller and not so heavily built, but still slightly stronger and taller than the average human. In addition to this, they also have a third arm protruding from their chest, this has lead them to adopting a 5-base number system. (5 fingers to a hand, 5 toes to a foot and five limbs) Due to living in cold areas that tend to have vast expanses they have very good eyesight.

Society: They believe in technology, trusting it to guide them and sustain them and generally imbuing it with mythology and magic and all sorts of things, That most rarest of things, a constitutional parliamentary theocracy. The technology they used to understand was very utilitarian, allowing one object to do many tasks.

As for the organization of their society, the main "House" has 2 main parties occupying a total of 12 seats, with the current priest-president taking a 13th seat. The most influential parties that fight for control of this house are: The Inquisitorials, who believe in trying to understand and use the technology lost to them and the Fundamentalists, who believe that they should revere and enshrine the sacred relics. In addition to the main parliament there are other, less powerful houses, ranging from the Foreign relations house which dictates foreign policy and war efforts, to the house of etiquette which, well discusses and dictates proper behavior in high society.

Their goal is to either:
A. take control of the world, except maybe the rain forests and deserts.
B. Open a portal back to their homeworld, to let loose an endless tide of their kind
C. Call down the abandoned colony ship in orbit, still containing it's technology and cold-sleeping colonists
Or: D.Create a deep, deep space transmitter to call their home planet.

Technology: they have little understanding of the higher technologies, but a complete knowledge of pre-industrial tech, they have little understanding of anything past basic steam power,though they do have scattered knowledge of futuretech.

Magic: In their case they don't have any magic as such, but the technology they use can take its place. Some of the technology they use is magi-tech, the magic that it uses is old and inconsistent, causing them to break a lot, the magic that they used to use before technology outcompeted it was free, given off by all of their race constantly, the ways of using it and binding it are long forgotten. The place of magicians in this society is given to the priests. They supply and investigate the technology

How they came here: They were an expedition to excavate an artifact and ascertain it's purpose and in doing so accidentally activated it. This blasted the expedition (as well as a good many miles of glacier and tundra surrounding it) into this world.

Favored areas:
Tundra 170/3
Glacier 170/3
Forest 170/3
Unfavored:
Rainforest: 17/1
Desert: 17/1
Swamp 17/1
All else: 68/2

Starting points:28, 4. 20, 4 and 23,3
Pop modifier: 17%
starting Pop: 3000
First city: Nivon Angelis (cold reaches), Capital. pop: 1500, location: 23,3
A metal tower in the forbidding north, this is the capital of the Astroligans civilization on this planet. As well as the parliament, the main components of Asmovos are housed here. As well as the dominating spire there are the slums surrounding the base, themselves surrounded by large walls and heavy defenses.

Second: Pattonis Demonin (Metal Depths), secondary capital. pop: 750, location: 20,4
A Sheltered, well hidden town in a deep artificial cavern whose entrance is a massive sinkhole, this city is also the end point of the team that activated the device in the old world.

Third:Terra Firm (Earthbound), City: pop: 750, location: 28,4
A large city with a strange police force that just loves to throw up roadblocks, this city is home to the priests main temple, repository of the civs technology.

Special: +2 movement on roads (motorized vehicles)

Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: February 06, 2009, 01:42:48 pm »

((dammit, everyone's quitting :( well i'm staying in the game for now, although i have little to do...))

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Istrian

• Bay Watcher
  • Malevolent Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: February 06, 2009, 03:59:51 pm »

Turn 35
Year 3, Late Summer

((The arrival of the Astroligans transforms the norhtern part of the map into frozen land (tundra will be represented by * from now on).

It is sad to see so many people leaving, but I guess there is nothing to be done. For the enjoyment of all, I will continue running the game as long as there are at least 4 players posting.))

0    0    1    1    2    2    3
   0    5    0    5    0    5    0
   --------------------------------
00|*****█████*
  |DD********
  |D******
  |D.**A*****
  |...T*A^**A**
05|**#=#***
  |Y**
  |...dT.~#~II
  |..|..v...=.=.
  |.|.|.....~YŁ.=..=
10|||...Y..^.I==I
  |n..YY...k..=
  |N.....===Y...=
  |.......YY====...I
  |..YYY..=
15|.......&.=
  |^V..V...v.II
  |......=K=.
  |....=YK..=.
  ||=I
20|||#O=
  ||..=
  |~~~~.|OO.....I
  |~s~~~~~~~~~~...~..
  |~=~~~~~~~~.~~.~
25|~S~~S~~S~o~~~~~
  |~=~~~~~~~~|~~~~~
  |~=~~|oR~~~~~
  |~===SS~~~|~~~
  |S~S~~~S~
30|~~~~~~~

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: February 07, 2009, 12:27:32 am »

Wow, I join at one of the worst possible times.... Well I'll have my race updated by tomarrow.

Also Istrian you messed up my civ, there was another city constructed.
Oh wait, "insane" doesn't work on this forum.
Crap, can't think of an alternative.

Navian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: February 07, 2009, 05:30:12 am »

Summereport:
[spoiler]05|
  |                             ┌┘░
  |                   #⌂⌂      ┌┘.░
  |                   ♣⌂⌂▲▲○───┘...
  |                  YŁ⌂▲▲▲⌂⌂.....♣
10|                  .⌂⌂▲^▲⌂⌂....♣♣
  |                  ♣⌂⌂▲▲▲⌂⌂..♣♣♣
  |                ╗♣♣♣Y⌂▲▲⌂⌂...♣♣
  |                ╚Y══╩╗⌂▲▲⌂⌂...♣
  |                ─────Y▲Y⌂⌂Y..♣♣
15|                 ....╚╗▲▲⌂⌂..♣
  |  ^              .....╚╗▲▲⌂⌂.┌──
  |               ......K▲⌂○──┘..
  |        „┌░░ ░░░░....YK▲▲⌂⌂....
  |        „|„░░░░░„„„┌─╨○▲▲⌂
20|        „|„░░░„„„„„|#⌂▲▲⌂⌂⌂.♣
  |        „|„└─┬─────┘⌂⌂▲▲⌂⌂..♣
  |        ─┘~~.|„„„„„⌂⌂▲▲⌂O....
  |       ~~~~░░░           ⌂..
  |      ~~~~░░░░
25|     ~~~~░░░
  |   ~~~~~~~░░          ▲▲▲
  |~~~~┌──░░░░░          oR▲
  |~~~~|~~~~░░░░         ▲▲▲
  |⌂⌂⌂~|~~~~~░░░
30|○───┘~   ~~~♠

70 Katytans
37 Adults

3 Invalid
2 Walking Wounded

2 in Erithnarum

22 Humans[/quote]

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: February 07, 2009, 05:49:10 am »

A strange construct appears at the table where the gods gather, it could be described as a mere box with a glass screen and keyboard, but that wouldn't do it any justice at all, it is the metaphysical form of what could just possibly be called a god, after all. It had many exposed wires of impressiveness, rows upon rows of blinking tubes to show that it was powerful and advanced (How this association came about I shall never know), big, sparkling towers of imaginary computing (it really is quite powerful) and perhaps even a small, looping river, complete with waterfall (How is this possible? SCIENCE!) that is used to cool the great behemoths gigantic processor. Upon the screen these words appeared: OH DEAR, I APPEAR TO BE IN THE PRESENCE OF TRANS-PHYSICAL CREATURES WITH GIANT EGOS, OR AS THE PROLES WOULD PUT IT: GODS. LET ME MAKE THIS CLEAR: I ONLY WANT TO PROTECT THESE POOR, STUPID FLESH-PILES I HAVE BEEN PROGRAMMED TO SERVE AND GO HOME. IF YOU OBJECT TO THAT, I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH THE SYSTEMIC MASS ANNIHILATION OF SENTIENTS THAT I HAVE NO SAFEGUARDS AGAINST HARMING. NOW, LET THE GAMES BEGIN, AS THE INHABITANTS OF A NUMBER OF EMPIRES, ALL VERY ANCIENT VERY POWERFUL AND VERY DEAD WOULD SAY. With this several pieces resembling metal stalagmites phased into existence on the board.
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Istrian

• Bay Watcher
  • Malevolent Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: February 07, 2009, 08:01:51 pm »

((Not many players remaining. I guess it is time to end this Battle of the Lists. I offcially declare this Battle closed.))

Navian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: February 07, 2009, 08:15:07 pm »

((Feel free to reuse characters and stuff from here!))

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: February 07, 2009, 11:46:54 pm »

Well, I had fun with the rp with Uchi. Is there another battle currently going on?
Oh wait, "insane" doesn't work on this forum.
Crap, can't think of an alternative.

Istrian

• Bay Watcher
  • Malevolent Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: February 08, 2009, 07:46:55 am »

There is a BotG V in the works.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35]