Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [v0.28.181.40d] Odd concuction in Engraving about master decoration  (Read 3817 times)

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile

Hi!

Going through the engravings in my fortress, I noticed this:

Towards the bottom, you will see the strange concuction "fish bonesasquatch skull totem" as there is obviously part of the sentence missing.

Deathworks

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [v0.28.181.40d] Odd concuction in Engraving about master decoration
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2009, 07:15:54 pm »

Hi!

Going through the engravings in my fortress, I noticed this:

Towards the bottom, you will see the strange concuction "fish bonesasquatch skull totem" as there is obviously part of the sentence missing.

Deathworks

specifically the words "to a"?

It sounds like your bone carver decoracted a sasquatch skull totem with cave fish bone. It should read:

The artwork related to the addition of a masterful image, "The Homely Fealty", in cave fish bone, to a sasquatch skull totem, by the dwarf Zasit Paintthins for The Glacial Floor at Wheeledchews in the early summer of 2040.

btw, 2040? Jesus christ.

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2009, 04:24:19 am »

Hi!

btw, 2040? Jesus christ.

It is actually not that bad. Being in a playful mood, I ran world gen till 2008, so the fortress started in 2009, so it is only the 31st year of the fortress. Right now, I am at 2051 :) :) :)

I didn't dare propose the missing text, but with the words actually hugging each other, the problem was really blatantly obvious to me.

Deathworks

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2009, 06:04:55 pm »

Wait, non-engraving images are named? Or maybe it's just masterful images? Either way, it's too bad the chances of actually seeing the names are tiny.
BTEAMHOB-Year 10 - It's POI'd to the extreme

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2009, 01:53:25 am »

Hi!

btw, 2040? Jesus christ.

It is actually not that bad. Being in a playful mood, I ran world gen till 2008, so the fortress started in 2009, so it is only the 31st year of the fortress. Right now, I am at 2051 :) :) :)

I didn't dare propose the missing text, but with the words actually hugging each other, the problem was really blatantly obvious to me.

Deathworks

:o :o :o
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2009, 01:57:43 am »

Hi!

btw, 2040? Jesus christ.

Deathworks

:o :o :o
In 2040 it was 31 years.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2009, 04:48:55 am »

Hi!

I am pretty sure that it is because it is a masterful one. But then again, nothing below masterful gets any recognition anyhow, so we wouldn't really know. But yes, I was also mightily surprised to see that decorations could also get names.

612DwarfAvenue: As Cheeetar pointed out, the 31 years were referring to the question/confusion about 2040. 2051 was mentioned only in addition to further place the events within the greater context. I am sorry about the confusing formulation.

Deathworks