Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Which nobles should I always kill?  (Read 12326 times)

Gask

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Which nobles should I always kill?
« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2009, 01:41:44 am »

In the 2d version I used to use a utility to open up a tile of magma under the offending nobles wretched feet.  Wrath of the gods was fun. ;D
http://l052.mybrute.com Come and meet my dwarf eating bear

Shadowex3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2009, 03:34:51 am »

I'm guessing you've never had a noble.  You can't assign them -any- jobs and for the most part they don't -do any- jobs or have -any- skills.  We aren't talking about peasants who just need to be tasked to do something and they're useful, we're talking about people who do nothing but consume resources and cause problems and throw parties.

I was responding to a guy above me that was talking about non-noble immigrants. Pure-nobles are bloody useless, but I'd keep a hammerer locked in a room with a booze/food chute Just In Case and the specific-job guys.
Quote from: Hectonkhyres
I'm imagining crazed dwarves doing profoundly weird things. Urist McNutcase has developed a compulsion to jam anything colored blue up his anus, or alternately other peoples anuses
Quote from: Durt101
Erith Zasitshovith, Cat(Tame) cancels store item in stockpile: Too injured.
"Yay! Mouse! OH GOD, WHERE ARE MY HANDS?! OH GOD OH GOD WHAT THE HE- Oh. I'm a cat. Right."

Wild Goose

• Bay Watcher
  • My Avatar Has Something Green. Yay solidarity!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2009, 11:21:57 am »

Hmm...I've got a bit of dilemma.
My Mayor/Accountant/Manager/Broker is pretty good, legendary in most of her skills, working up on Architechture, Mechanics, Masonry, and Engraving, and I she seems to like mandating bolts (a sensible dwarf).
Problem is, she also occasionally mandates Adamantine items.  I don't know if I even have adamantine on my map.  I've lost one metalworker to the Hammerer already.
I kinda like her, but I've got another mandate ticking down.  I think I might just run with it.

Will failing a mandate always summon the Hammerer?  Or do they bring beatings or jail time?
"Adventurer's Motto; Take everything not nailed down and nail down whoever tries to stop you."

"Whatever happens, we have got the ballista and they have not."

The dwarven economy is just a stand-in, from what I understand. As it is, it represents an actual economic system about as well as poison ivy represents a salad.

Skorpion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 04, 2009, 01:33:54 pm »

Nobles mean you can engineer deathtraps for them.
The *large serrated steel disk* strikes the Raven in the head, tearing apart the muscle, shattering the skull, and tearing apart the brain!
A tendon in the skull has been torn!
The Raven has been knocked unconcious!

Elves do it in trees. Humans do it in wooden structures. Dwarves? Dwarves do it underground. With magma.

Shadowex3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2009, 04:26:08 am »

Hmm...I've got a bit of dilemma.
My Mayor/Accountant/Manager/Broker is pretty good, legendary in most of her skills, working up on Architechture, Mechanics, Masonry, and Engraving, and I she seems to like mandating bolts (a sensible dwarf).
Problem is, she also occasionally mandates Adamantine items.  I don't know if I even have adamantine on my map.  I've lost one metalworker to the Hammerer already.
I kinda like her, but I've got another mandate ticking down.  I think I might just run with it.

Will failing a mandate always summon the Hammerer?  Or do they bring beatings or jail time?

I'd lock the hammerer up and/or strip him naked.
Quote from: Hectonkhyres
I'm imagining crazed dwarves doing profoundly weird things. Urist McNutcase has developed a compulsion to jam anything colored blue up his anus, or alternately other peoples anuses
Quote from: Durt101
Erith Zasitshovith, Cat(Tame) cancels store item in stockpile: Too injured.
"Yay! Mouse! OH GOD, WHERE ARE MY HANDS?! OH GOD OH GOD WHAT THE HE- Oh. I'm a cat. Right."

Shoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 05, 2009, 09:40:50 pm »

Wild Goose: The Hammerer smushes a dwarf if nobody has thrown them in jail for too long (and you've had a sheriff to organize the jail system and such,) so with enough guards and available jail space he's just a waste of space instead of a danger... mostly.
Please get involved with my making worlds thread.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]