Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tentacle demons have no respect !  (Read 4270 times)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
Tentacle demons have no respect !
« on: December 18, 2009, 07:14:38 pm »

In the rising of the  mighty underground fortress, the dwarves discovered adamantine deep underground.
Some legends of old mentionned the presence of demonic entities behind such walls.

So cautious as ever the mayor ordered the preparation of a water trap, with some tunnels leading water from an underground river and a door blocking it from flooding the whole level.

Additionally, as not knowing if the kind of demons waiting there was able to swim or live underwater, a hatch was built on top of the stairs leading there.
Because another legend of old told that while demons could destroy doors, apparently they do not approach sealed hatches.

The dwarves mined the adamantine, and of course opened the way to a strange cave.
Horrors! Demons in the deep!

Unfortunately, these were the last words of the miner that opened the hole.

The water blocking door was then immediately removed and the hatch sealed.
Though while seasons went away, the already insane prisonners from the tentacle demons drowned and died, the demons appeared not caring at all of the flood.

Years passed, king arrived ...
"Urist McStarving starved to death"... "Urist McAngry throw a tantrum" ... "Urist McDying bled to death" ... "Urist McFriendofUristMcDying throw a tantrum" etc...
A tantrum and berzerk spiral occured as the fortress was apparently running out of pet to slaughter, out of  food of any kind (none to trade with anymore as the dwarf King arrived disguised as a peasant, attracted by the adamantine certainly) .
Wildlife had already been exterminated years ago and certainly animals can talk with each other as none appeared anymore in years in this land, maybe knowing there were angry dwarves there.

The King was one of the first to be slaughtered by the angry dwarf crowd.

Those ungratefull dwarves would never get away with that.
It was time to open the old hatch so they could learn their lesson (who need food anyways ?) and it would tame their petty rebellions and outrages.

The Fortress/Royal Guards and the several legendary wrestlers part of those corps ran straight in the flooded depth, along with many many of the stupid dwarves citizen thinking they could haul back something from there.

It was a festival of blood and dwarven chunks flying around and painting the water in red, as the tentacle demons were numerous , and hungry for so many years isolated.

The whole Fortress/Royal Guard corps managed the fantastic feat to kill 4 tentacle demons by wrestling them into submission !
Though the brave corps and the dwarves following them were annihilated few minutes later by the amount of tentacle.

The demon were then unleashed and began to climb on their tentacled legs.

Then they arrived at the graveyard level, a bit below the main place of my fortress. , some dying witness saw them strangely going in line in front of the tombs :

And instead of paying their respect to those ancient fallen heroes ... they destroyed them all, throwing around the old rotten bones with their tentacles.

While it was the end of the rebellion and teached the dwarves to obey their rulers even if they give them no food, it was unfortunately and additionally the end of the dwarf civilization as none survived the onslaught.

But more importantly for the scholars that collected this old tale, it proved again that tentacle demons have really no respect.

Zinc

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything looks better with a tophat
    • View Profile
Re: Tentacle demons have no respect !
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2009, 07:23:23 pm »

Ah tentacle demons...

That's an epic story you have there. My first tentacle demons ended quickly and left me like this:

0_0

And the dwarfs murdered the king first... lovely.

Lost Requiem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Fur Affinity
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2009, 07:34:21 pm »

Ah tentacle demons...

That's an epic story you have there. My first tentacle demons ended quickly and left me like this:

0_0

Never expect a tentacle to have respect or restraint. It will be the biggest (and last) mistake you will ever make.
Lost's sanctuary for Lolis.
Quest Complete! 41/31

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2009, 11:27:25 pm »

Ah tentacle demons...

0_0

Never expect a tentacle to have respect or restraint. It will be the biggest (and last) mistake you will ever make.

Its a tentacle demon, if it doesn't have anything to do with restraint then its not a proper demon.
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2009, 07:03:12 am »

Unless it's restraining the elf while i-

OH GOD THE MIND BEES ARE BACK!

GET OUT OF MY HEEEEEEEAAAAADDD!
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange