Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: Gryph's Quick Bastard: END. Everyone dies, Audience+Host win.  (Read 15324 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Gryph's Quick Bastard: END. Everyone dies, Audience+Host win.
« on: January 21, 2010, 05:28:00 pm »

Sign-ups officially open Friday, tomorrow, at a random time!
For those who care... the order you sign up in and the time you sign and the time you sign up relative to the time sign-ups start may matter. ^_^

The game itself will begin Friday night of next week.

Each day/night cycle will be about 24 hours.
Anything not explicitly banned is allowed.
Addendum:This doesn't mean it will WORK, mind you, just that you won't be mod-killed, reprimanded, prodded, etc. And who knows, if you do something really out there it might just be crazy enough to work! It probably wont though.
It will be both deadline AND hammer.
Oh, and dead players aren't allowed to vote/post in the thread. Though I should add that one before trouble happens.

These are the entirety of the rules. (at least as they apply to limitations on the players I disallow, and as far as I am willing to divulge)

1. Vector
2. The Overseer
3. Webadict
4. Leafsnail
5. Rysith

Box Seats sold to...:
1.Dakarian
2.Pandarsenic
3.RedWarrior00

Host:Gryph

Those interested in participating can feel free to start discussing now.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 04:37:25 pm by GlyphGryph »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gryph's Quick Bastard (Sign-ups NOT YET OPEN)
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2010, 05:30:30 pm »

EVERYTHING NOT FORBIDDEN IS COMPULSORY

Though in more seriousness, I'll probably join when it's time.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2010, 06:13:06 pm »

To see what happens, I'll in and probably in a couple more times later.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2010, 06:52:38 pm »

=
Anything not explicitly banned is allowed.
It will be both deadline AND hammer.
I declare myself a winner of this game, e'en without signing up, and that no others be permitted to win in this manner.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2010, 06:56:47 pm »

I also declare my declarations unrepealable by others.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
Tilesets

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2010, 06:57:22 pm »

I declare my declarations as carrying more weight than CobaltKobold's.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2010, 07:03:58 pm »

I declare, as many times as necessary to outweigh Leafsnail's single declaration and indelibly alter the rules, that my declarations' effects cannot be changed by means short of my own posts. I think I just kicked off a Calvinball mafia.
Tilesets

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2010, 09:03:09 am »

While its perfectly within the rules to declare you've won, that in no way means it will actually happen. Or that other players have to listen. :P

It's a bit like free speech  - you're allowed to say whatever you want, however you want, but that doesn't mean other people can't just ignore you!
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 10:02:50 am by GlyphGryph »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gryph's Quick Bastard (Sign-ups NOT YET OFFICIALLY OPEN)
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2010, 01:53:28 pm »

According to the rules, editing posts is allowed. You might want to change that.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gryph's Quick Bastard (Sign-ups NOT YET OFFICIALLY OPEN)
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2010, 02:44:15 pm »

Editing posts ARE allowed - I just wouldn't recommend doing it, all things considered. If the players wish, they can choose to lynch people who edit - and when you edit, you open yourself up to people being able to succesfully misquote you!

Its stupid enough that with decent players like the people here, I don't see it being an issue.

Anyways, sign-ups have now officially opened!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gryph's Quick Bastard (Sign-ups OFFICIALLY OPEN!)
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2010, 02:45:07 pm »

In!
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2010, 02:51:17 pm »

I also have to say, I'm very dissapointed that no one signed up during the time after signs were NOT OPEN, when they changed to NOT OFFICIALLY OPEN, as they were clearly UNOFFICIALLY open once I specified. Tsk, tsk, to all you. I even went through the effort of saying that when you signed up relative to the official start time would matter!

You've robbed yourselves of a wonderful power role. I certainly hope you're more on the ball for the rest of this game.

^_^

The Overseer

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2010, 02:55:49 pm »

First game here, lurked for a while, but I've played on the fallout forums and on IRC.

Bastards were always my favorite, so count me in!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2010, 02:56:45 pm »

I also have to say, I'm very dissapointed that no one signed up during the time after signs were NOT OPEN, when they changed to NOT OFFICIALLY OPEN, as they were clearly UNOFFICIALLY open once I specified. Tsk, tsk, to all you. I even went through the effort of saying that when you signed up relative to the official start time would matter!

You've robbed yourselves of a wonderful power role. I certainly hope you're more on the ball for the rest of this game.

^_^

DAMN YOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUU.  I thought that signing up seconds after you opened would do it >_> <_<

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gryph's Quick Bastard (Sign-ups OFFICIALLY OPEN! 2/5 players)
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2010, 03:04:20 pm »

Now, I'm not saying it won't do something, I'm just saying it wont give you night kill immunity+investigation+a one shot vig kill...
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8