Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: The King Comes! All hail to the King, baby!  (Read 4034 times)

tastypaste

• Bay Watcher
  • "It's delicious!"
    • View Profile
Re: The King Comes! All hail to the King, baby!
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2010, 10:59:11 pm »

So I take it that "real" Kings are better than HFS kings? I've never had either. All I have to do in my current fort to get one is either donate 200 more dwarfbucks to the stupid elves, or find my Adamantine which I haven't dug out yet.

So would it be better to donate to elves and get a proper King than an HFS King?

I've been avoiding this issue because I wanted to complete my throne tower before the King came and I'm also a little worried about HFS. I was about to go find the HFS but if the "real" King is better I'll just wait for the next caravan and give them one of my 100+ barrels of rock crafts I don't need.
Denethor cancels stewardship:  Went Insane.
Denethor went berserk!

Crossroads Inc.

• Bay Watcher
  • Joined in the great Migration of 2009
    • View Profile
Re: The King Comes! All hail to the King, baby!
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2010, 11:34:11 pm »

"real" king vs "HFS" King is really one of opinion.
Breaking HFS and getting the king when you have a population of 30 or so makes for a lot of "Fun"
on the flip side, earning you way to a "real" king can be seen as about as close as oyu can get to 'winning'

In my case the "real" king is coming at one of my oldest most complete Forts, and I see it basically as achieving a notable accomplishment.  The only real difference is that in Earning you king, you get the King, the Kings Consort and an "Advisor" all at once, along with some notable announcements and fanfare.
Ask not what the Dwarfs can do for you...
But ask.... why are they drunk all the time?
Pages: 1 2 [3]