Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 44

Author Topic: Ex Cathedra [BMIX]: Sunrise  (Read 91336 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Ex Cathedra [BMIX]: Sunrise
« on: February 13, 2010, 07:25:10 pm »

Ex Cathedra

The Rules:

You may PM only to me, the ICs, or from one mafia member to another.  Further, all discussion about this game, even indirectly, can only occur in this thread.

All votes must be colored red.  To avoid confusion, only use that color when you are voting for someone.  You must also Unvote before you vote for another.  If you do NOT unvote, your new vote will NOT count.  No Lynch votes are allowed.

"Days" will last 48 hours.  Nights will last 24 hours or until all night abilities have been sent to me.  The deadline will be posted regularly and I retain the ability to hurry the deadline for inactivity or extend the deadline if enough request it.  Any deadline that falls on a weekend will be pushed back to the following Monday.  Note that you may request to extend or shorten the day.

Upon deadline, the player with the most votes will be lynched.  If there is a tie, there will be no lynch.  Once dead, you may not speak or PM anyone about the game, living or otherwise.  A Dead chat will be made available.  Mafia will be given their own Chat to speak to one another once roles have been sent.

Bolded sentences can be used to catch my attention, or that of the ICs.  Italics used by me is story text, or "flavor" as they call it, and is just there to be interesting.  Note you are free to apply flavor as you wish.  Note that the flavor has nothing to do with the actual gameplay and can be ignored if desired.

Do NOT quote my PM text and do NOT edit your posts (you can double post if you need to)

Lastly, any suggestion of breaking a rule in the main chat will be treated as the rule already broken.  If you have any questions or wish to make sure of the legality of an action, PM me first.

You can, of course, ask any questions you may have.

Spoiler: Possible roles (click to show/hide)

Players:

1. Webadict the Guardian - Immolated on the altar Night Three
2. quinnr the Prince - Locked up with the dead Day Four
3. spitfire684 the Lover - Drowned in the baptismal font Night Two
4. Siquo the Priest - Defenestrated from his cell Day Three
5. SirBayer the Child - Hanged from the Little Maria Day Two
6. Org the Leper - Thrown down the catacomb stairs Day One
7. GlyphGryph the Wanderer - Slain for his troubles in the aftermath
8. Solifuge the Gardener - Herded into the winter in the aftermath
9. Rolan7 the Sage - Eviscerated near the West Door Night One

ICs:
Town: Dakarian
Mafia: Pandarsenic

Day 1 began 8:00 on February the 13th and ended at midnight, February 17th.
Night 1 began 12:00 on February the 17th and ended at 6:00 AM, February the 19th.
Day 2 began 6:00 AM, February the 19th, and was scheduled to end at midnight, February 22nd.
Day 2 was extended to midnight, February 24th.
Night 2 began 12:00 on February the 24 and will end at midnight, February 25th.
Day 3 began at 12:00 on February the 26th and will end at midnight, March 2nd.

« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 10:43:29 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia IX, Day 1: Two knights walk into a bar...
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2010, 08:00:49 pm »

It is a cold winter's evening when two knights walk into Aureliusz Vektor's tavern.  They are tall, and they are armed, and both have something of a smug and devil-may-care attitude.

"Can I get something for the men?" he asks.  His accent is thick and terrifyingly Polish, but he suffers no embarrassment from it anymore.  Things have changed.  He is comfortable with his life, especially since he has moved away from that one werewolf-infested village.

"Ale," says the one, sitting at the bar.

"Ale," says the other, sitting alongside.

He pours them two tankards and sits, watching them drink.

"About payment," says the one.  His smile is narrow.  His nose is French.  "I'm afraid we haven't any money."

"I have--"

"We haven't any money," says the Frenchman.  "So we'll tell you a morality tale, in exchange.  Don't think of protesting.  It's what we have, and it's what you'll get."

"I see," says Aureliusz Vektor, feeling somewhat overwhelmed.

"It was a cold and snowy evening," says the second knight.  "There were icicles on the trees and snowflakes gathered thick on one's eyelashes.  I stopped at a cathedral, thinking to seek sanctuary and wait out the growing storm.  My warhorse, Litia, had already succumbed to the cold, and I had to leave her behind."

"It was freezing like the devil's own heart," says the first knight.  "I, too, found myself in that cathedral, with nine other men.  We were snowed in--and while I was stuck there, I found myself bored.  Thus I proposed a little game.  I, Pandarsenic, Le Chevalier du Glas, sought out two among their number--"

"Two unwilling victims--"

"Two brigands who underestimated the evil in their hearts.  I offered them power and glory beyond their wildest dreams if they would do one little thing."

"And what was that thing of which you are speaking?" says Vektor, wiping the counter.  He is already bored and would rather like to throw them out.

"I told them to kill every innocent man in the building," says Pandarsenic with a gentle smile.  "They agreed immediately, of course."

"You coerced them," the other knight huffs.

"I awoke the evil that had always been in their hearts.  Are you going to let me recount this, or not?"

"Carry on," says the second knight.  "But allow me to introduce myself.  I am Sir Dakarian of Pane, knight of the realm."

"I am certain I could be charmed by meeting you," says Vektor.  He still hasn't quite figured his way around basic English niceties.  The language is confusing.

"And I you.  Maybe," says Dakarian.  "Pandarsenic here has a terrible reputation.  I had heard many stories of his misdeeds and the great evils that followed his every step."

"Not so evil as what you do in the name of good," says Pandarsenic.  "I cut Dakarian here a deal.  I would help my 'villains,' and he would help the 'innocents'... and whichever one of us came out on the lesser side of this arrangement would leave the country forever."

"I see," says Vektor.  "And what happened after?"

You have until Midnight on Wednesday to decide what happened on the First Day.  Begin.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 11:49:19 am by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2010, 08:04:53 pm »

((Epic flavor is epic.))
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2010, 08:07:16 pm »

Indeed.
Rolan, what was your flavor role?

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2010, 08:12:40 pm »

Speaking objectively, Org, Vektor said many times that trying that would be a bad idea.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2010, 08:15:26 pm »

Speaking objectively, Org, Vektor said many times that trying that would be a bad idea.
:I

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2010, 08:28:13 pm »

Org, why are you first to post?
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2010, 08:29:48 pm »

I am first to post because the thread was open when I was looking at it.
But really Pandar is first.

JaaSwb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2010, 08:34:47 pm »

JaaSwb is happy. He admired a fine flavour recently. He admired own fine role PM recently.

So, SirBayer, what's s bad about wanting to get the discussion started?
The fish are watching.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2010, 08:36:11 pm »

Not starting with RVs?
Hm...

JaaSwb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2010, 08:37:59 pm »

That was supposed to be a random vote. I didn't immediately jump to the conclusion SirBayer's lynch-worthy :P
The fish are watching.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2010, 08:39:08 pm »

...That was not very close to a Random Vote.

Halmie

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2010, 08:59:20 pm »

Err, org isn't on the player list? Is he playing?

Nice flavour text though. Just beating my old favorite pokebox flavour by Ched (so sad but so true).

HFS, what would be your favorite role this game?
Meh.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2010, 09:02:14 pm »

Err, org isn't on the player list? Is he playing?

Nice flavour text though. Just beating my old favorite pokebox flavour by Ched (so sad but so true).

HFS, what would be your favorite role this game?
What?
I do not understand.
I am playing.

Halmie

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2010, 09:09:41 pm »

Players:

1. HFS
2. quinnr
3. spitfire684
4. siquo
5. SirBayer
6. Dependent
7. Halmie
8. JaaSwb
9. Rolan7
No Org on that list.