Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 447 448 [449] 450 451 ... 1103

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2016878 times)

drone1230

• Bay Watcher
  • Feel the might of my epi-pen
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #6720 on: September 15, 2014, 10:40:49 pm »

Just when you think you're good to go, you run into an undead camel that is a master of kung fu
Sigged
Just when you think you're good to go, you run into an undead camel that is a master of kung fu

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #6721 on: September 16, 2014, 12:10:30 am »

This is my first time even touching DF 2014, so I decided to brush up on my world's history before I dick around as an adventurer.

Legends>artifacts, the first book I see is called "Start your Day with Immortality," a 96 page guide on the secrets of life and death.

These names are fantastic and I am going to have so much fun with this game

E: "Death: Fact or Fiction?"
yesss
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 12:12:02 am by ggamer »

Mentalpatient87

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6722 on: September 16, 2014, 01:23:13 am »

Killed a wereantelope. Picked up its blood. Kinda wondering if I can toss it into a well and infect a whole town.
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow dwarf is either a fool or a coward. Whoever can not take care of themself without that law is both. For a wounded dwarf shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.

blazing glory

« Reply #6723 on: September 16, 2014, 01:25:53 am »

Killed a wereantelope. Picked up its blood. Kinda wondering if I can toss it into a well and infect a whole town.

Unfortunately not, were-creatures infect by bite, not blood, that's vampires.

Also NPC's don't drink, at anytime.

Mentalpatient87

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6724 on: September 16, 2014, 01:32:18 am »

Bah, so I should just throw this blood at my next victim, then?
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow dwarf is either a fool or a coward. Whoever can not take care of themself without that law is both. For a wounded dwarf shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.

blazing glory

« Reply #6725 on: September 16, 2014, 01:42:19 am »

Bah, so I should just throw this blood at my next victim, then?

Yeah, or drink it, whatever you feel like, but it's ordinary.

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6726 on: September 17, 2014, 12:19:16 am »

My adventure continues and I kill 2 rocs and take the egg of one as a trophy, after going to a nearby fortress to gather information of other great beasts I discovered many goblins lived within the fortress. after gathering the necessary information for my journey I waited till everyone was a asleep and wiped out the goblins and left.

I arrived at my destination Silverybands the lair of the dragon! What I found interesting is that the dragon only has one eye, she must of lost it during a fight during world generation. After a short chase I was able to kill the dragon and take its skull as a trophy along with one of its eggs.
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

Mentalpatient87

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6727 on: September 17, 2014, 12:29:06 am »

I hate how I can chop limbs off of something and it still strikes back at me every single turn. However, I get a broken finger and my guy collapses into a helpless punching bag until my opponent kills me after four or five pages of strikes. Pain seems to effect players a lot more harshly than it does NPCs. I never have an adventurer die and think "well, my fault for picking a fight I couldn't win." I usually end up shouting "Oh, bullshit!" at my computer. Either I come away unscathed or I die.

marijuana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6728 on: September 17, 2014, 03:04:52 am »

I hate how I can chop limbs off of something and it still strikes back at me every single turn. However, I get a broken finger and my guy collapses into a helpless punching bag until my opponent kills me after four or five pages of strikes. Pain seems to effect players a lot more harshly than it does NPCs. I never have an adventurer die and think "well, my fault for picking a fight I couldn't win." I usually end up shouting "Oh, bullshit!" at my computer. Either I come away unscathed or I die.

Nah. It's just when you break or i think chip a bone that causes you to pass out. It causes npcs to pass out too, there is no difference between you and npcs. Besides if you've ever lost a limb in adventure mode you'll find you can still fight effectively and dont pass out.

blazing glory

« Reply #6729 on: September 17, 2014, 03:18:39 am »

Besides if you've ever lost a limb in adventure mode you'll find you can still fight effectively and dont pass out.

It's true, for some reason missing limbs don't cause any pain.

Mentalpatient87

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6730 on: September 17, 2014, 03:44:08 am »

So, when I shattered that bandits ribs and he just kept fighting me...?

jax3639

• Bay Watcher
  • [DIGGER:ITEM_WEAPON_BARE_HANDS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6731 on: September 17, 2014, 03:49:10 am »

Besides if you've ever lost a limb in adventure mode you'll find you can still fight effectively and dont pass out.

It's true, for some reason missing limbs don't cause any pain.

I had a friend who accidentally cut off a finger and he didn't feel anything for about 15 minutes
The bag weighs twice my dwarf right now, containing nothin but guts, vomit, and a dead kobold.

blazing glory

« Reply #6732 on: September 17, 2014, 06:02:07 am »

So, when I shattered that bandits ribs and he just kept fighting me...?

People in Extreme Pain take a while before they drop, use the (L)ook command to look at him and see if he's in pain or not.

Amount of time it takes before they fall-over also count on how many bones are broken.

It can take anytime between 5 to 25 rounds before someone falls over from pain.

What I do if I have a hammer and I can break bones with it with a 75% success rate is to smash a guy's bones and then start fighting his buddy rather than finish him off, people in Extreme Pain slow down a bit and combat skills are affected so he's generally harmless, of course there's always the chance of a lucky hit but rarely is there not in Dwarf Fortress.

Mentalpatient87

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6733 on: September 17, 2014, 02:15:17 pm »

People in Extreme Pain take a while before they drop, use the (L)ook command to look at him and see if he's in pain or not.

Amount of time it takes before they fall-over also count on how many bones are broken.

It can take anytime between 5 to 25 rounds before someone falls over from pain.

Then why do I collapse immediately from a broken finger? I mean, I get how it's supposed to work, but then I fire up a game and see how it actually happens.

the1337doofus

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6734 on: September 17, 2014, 06:28:37 pm »

.....I have no fucking earthly idea what is going on.

I keep being "ambushed".

The ambushers? FARM ANIMALS.

Apparently the bandit group harassing the town must be composed of the characters from Animal Farm.
Quote from: /k/
Multiple babies means that the force is distributed per baby, so less force total per baby.
burning dwarves is a sign of productivity
Pages: 1 ... 447 448 [449] 450 451 ... 1103