Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [40d19] Incorrect building highlighted when linking to trigger  (Read 2862 times)

UberNube

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

First, sorry if this bug has already been posted. I tried searching, and I have looked for it in the bug tracker, but I didn't see it anywhere.

When trying to link a floodgate to a lever I have found that initially, despite a floodgate being highlighted in the list, the main view is still centred on the lever. Scrolling in the list moves the view to various floodgates, but they are not the correct one. When selecting a floodgate, the correct one is highlighted in the main view, but only after I have reached the screen to select the mechanisms to be used. Also, when an incorrect floodgate is shown, there is no cursor shown over it to indicate which one is selected.

I am using 40d19 with some small changes to the raws to increase the frequency of some creatures and allow them to breed. I don't think this will affect the interface, but if anyone wants to see the raws I can post them. I'm 99.9% sure there are no duplicate entries, since this is the only bug I have encountered so far in this world.
This guy gets it, the problem with the child torture dungeon is that they weren't set on fire first.

Bentusi16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [40d19] Incorrect building highlighted when linking to trigger
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2010, 06:52:11 pm »

I've had the same problems, ran into it when I was trying to set up both my reservoir and my front gate. I'm running a completely unmodified version other then using a tile set.

When I go to select a floodgate to link to the lever, it sort of switches to whatever the z-level of the flood gate and the little selector tile/icon thing seems to vanish completely.

smokingwreckage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2010, 09:56:30 am »

I've had the same problem, seemed to mostly be with the first linkable item on the list not being properly highlighted or centred.

immibis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2010, 05:05:02 pm »

The problem is actually that it zooms to the building after you choose another.
So, for example:
1. You choose Link a Floodgate from the menu
2. You scroll down one floodgate
3. The game zooms to the first floodgate
4. You scroll back up one floodgate
5. The game zooms to the second floodgate
etc
If I wanted ramps I would've designated ramps, dammit!