Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Author Topic: Let's Horribly Break Hidden Agenda  (Read 67349 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Horribly Break Hidden Agenda
« Reply #90 on: June 07, 2010, 12:44:17 am »

Quote from: El Independiente
"The law? We are the law," the helmeted demon shrieked...

Judge Dredd does not approve of land reform.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 07, 2010, 04:02:11 pm »

No offense, but you failed at your Christian Reform run.  You are leaning too far right.  However, I doubt anyone can effectively play this game dead center without becoming...dead.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 07, 2010, 07:12:11 pm »

Karios' Run, Year 3, Dry Season
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 07:14:24 pm by Servant Corps »
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 07, 2010, 10:19:08 pm »

Karios' Run, Year 3, Rainy Season
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 10:21:28 pm by Servant Corps »
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 08, 2010, 04:09:22 pm »

Karios' Run, Year 3, Harvest Season
We're going to do things a little different at this run...

Spoiler: Graphs and Charts (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 04:10:56 pm by Servant Corps »

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 09, 2010, 11:41:37 am »

Interlude: The Farsante Hold-Overs
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 11:51:41 am by Servant Corps »

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 09, 2010, 03:01:33 pm »

Interlude: Tentiative List of Hidden Agendas
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 03:18:59 pm by Servant Corps »

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 09, 2010, 05:39:58 pm »

No Cabinet Run, 2.0, Year 1, Rainy Season and Harvest Season
The No Cabinet Run, 2.0 uses this strategy, reported on Abandonia:
Quote from: 100% Winner
Here is a guaranteed way to win Hidden Agenda (I've tried it many times, it always works).

So warning: this post is kind of a spoiler! (You may not want to read the rest!)

1. When it comes to answering the initial reporters questions, always pick the FIRST choice.

2. Don't appoint any cabinet ministers!!!

3. Go directly to encounters (the telephone). Start in the upper left, and go straight across, left to right (like you're reading). For each encounter, always agree to whatever the person proposes.

And that's it! Keep on going through the encounters (always starting in the upper left each season) until the game ends. You'll always win.

« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 05:45:03 pm by Servant Corps »

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 17, 2010, 07:22:36 pm »

I would upload the rest of the No Cabinet Run 2.0, except my computer is a bit funky, and I am preparing for some summer school tests. In order to show I'm still active on this run, here's another list of possible runs for you to vote on:

A) Popular Stability - The people demand a strong leader that will protect the rights of the conservative ruling class. We need to restore capitalism and fight against the Marxist foe. (If you choose this path, I will attempt to get nominated as the Popular Stability candidate for elections, as well as survive to the end of the game.) [There's an entire event chain about the Left-Wing Insurgency we haven't witnessed yet.]
B) We're Sorry For Kicking You Out, Ehrlich - We hate the death squads, but we don't hate the traditional military that much. (If you choose this path, I will empower Correa and then try again to win elections by using Colonel Ehrlich.) [I've actually recorded two trainwreck Runs that I plan on posting in this thread, and I lean towards doing this Run, if only due to it being an actual "breaking" of the game.]
C) Ending Hunger - I will keep food subsidies for three years without going bankrupt. This might be harder said than done, WilliamC have alleged that it is impossible to keep the food subsidies without suffering a default. I think it is possible if you switch over to rationing as quickly as possible and do some austerity measures, but I haven't actually tested it yet.

If you got some other ideas for Runs, then tell me so that I put it up for a vote. I think it's safe to say, other than exploring the whole Left-Wing Insurgency, that we're almost done with this Hidden Agenda LP.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 07:29:41 pm by Servant Corps »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 17, 2010, 09:21:12 pm »

I actually succeeded at the Ending Hunger run.  Moving to rationing is the key, but I also sold the estate to the coffee farmers and cotton farmers.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 17, 2010, 09:59:10 pm »

Well, that a strike against doing the Ending Hunger run here. Although I do remember that National Liberation eventually goes against the rationing scheme entirely, I don't think that really deserves an actual Run.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 19, 2010, 06:26:17 pm »

No Cabinet Run 2.0, Year 2

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 19, 2010, 11:35:50 pm »

No Cabinet Run, 2.0, Year 3

Spoiler: Graphs (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 01:40:30 am by Servant Corps »

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 20, 2010, 11:09:29 pm »

You were able to avoid a civil war and avoid death squads while still having (corrupt) elections!  You really have broken HA!
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 28, 2010, 10:38:45 pm »

Interlude: Actual Reference Manual

Abandonia has finally uploaded the Reference Manual, and indeed, many of my guesses about Chimerican history turned out to be wrong. I'll update the OP's timeline.

Spoiler: Comments (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 12:37:08 am by Servant Corps »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10