Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 185

Author Topic: Elves of Amanereli - Paint adventure  (Read 602511 times)

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
Re: Elves of Amanereli - Paint adventure
« Reply #375 on: May 07, 2010, 09:04:50 pm »

Okok.
So a loud singing caravan expanding the Forest1 and getting stoned with their new elephant friend
...questioning him about why the other elephants would be following us, and what we might want to do about it.
This also doubles2 as a distraction while a contingent of [sneaky] elves go off and check out the herd.

Did I miss anything?3

1 elves think in the long term, remember. What's couple hundred years compared to getting brand new Old Growth Forest?
2 intentionally? or perhaps unbeknown to said elves our Fearless Leader sets additional orders.
3 oh. right. A few yokels have a face making contest. That is not going on the official list.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: May 08, 2010, 12:17:43 am »

...Footnotes!  :D

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: May 08, 2010, 12:23:23 am »

Cliffnotes!
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Raviaric

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_CARDBOARD_BOXES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: May 08, 2010, 01:00:42 am »

Deathnotes!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: May 08, 2010, 01:18:47 am »

I hate to be a pessimist, but I'm starting to lean towards Acanthus' interpretation of things. Which is to say, Amala's going to kill anyone the elephants don't.

I do approve of singing thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis until Amala tells us to shut up, however. Less sure about sprinkling seeds as we go, and pretty sure throwing flowers is going to end badly somehow. Bread crumb trail for the colossus, or something.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: May 08, 2010, 04:53:24 am »

I hate to be a pessimist, but I'm starting to lean towards Acanthus' interpretation of things. Which is to say, Amala's going to kill anyone the elephants don't.

I do approve of singing thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis until Amala tells us to shut up, however. Less sure about sprinkling seeds as we go, and pretty sure throwing flowers is going to end badly somehow. Bread crumb trail for the colossus, or something.
THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSS...

sorry

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: May 08, 2010, 07:30:33 am »

I was under the impression that colossi had eyes only for things it could kill.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: May 08, 2010, 08:32:16 am »

Well, if Amala doesn't like it, what would we do? sit around talking of tea-cakes?

hell, if we had voted in Ima, we would be up 3 elves right now.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Samthere

• Bay Watcher
  • RRRRRAAAAAAOR! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: May 08, 2010, 08:50:07 am »

Well, if Amala doesn't like it, what would we do? sit around talking of tea-cakes?

hell, if we had voted in Ima, we would be up 3 elves right now.
Only 1 - 2 were by elephant. :D

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: May 08, 2010, 07:36:44 pm »

we are down 5 elves.
2=elephant

Oh, right you are.
Thou art I, I art Thou.

DarkerDark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: May 09, 2010, 10:28:24 am »

The Elves of Amanereli choose to leave the elephants alone and continue on their way. A full day passes without incident. Come the following morning, the elves begin to muse about why these elephants might be following them, "Perhaps they are great forest spirits sent to watch over us? Perhaps they are here to protect the children of Amanereli on their great journey?" This thought lifts the spirits of the caravan, and soon the majority of the elves are found singing joyously about "This and this and thiiiis!" Flowers are cast into the air and seeds are spread on the ground, and many take to the act of frolicking, as only an elf can do.

Amala and her bowelves look on, keeping an ever watchful eye on the trailing elephants.

On the fourth day of the journey, the caravan comes across an unexpected obstacle. A fast flowing river blocks the route to the Foreboding Hills. Though the water only comes up to an elf's waist, the current is swift. If the Elves of Amanereli force a crossing here, they may end up losing a few goods to the quick moving current. Otherwise, they can attempt to move north into the Whispering Marshes, or south in the Human lands in an attempt to find a calmer crossing.

Night approaches, and the elves quickly set about making camp. Any decisions regarding the river can wait until morning, when the caravan is fully rested. Amala's mood sours and a few of the elves take note. They wish to keep her anger in check, and so propose to pamper the Ranger as though she were one of the Queen's daughters. Amala accepts wholeheartedly. After all, she was leading this caravan in the Queen's name, why should she not enjoy the same pleasures the Queen herself might enjoy?

Massages, soothing herbs and delicate manicures all do well to mellow Amala's mood. No elf will die by her hands tonight. Before she retires for the night, she positions sentries around the perimeter of the camp. All of them, silent, ambushing bowelves. If anyone tries to disturb the Elves of Amanereli while they sleep, they will be set upon by deadly marksmen.

The night grows darker. One sentry spots movement just beyond the light of his torch and immediately issues a challenge, "Who goes there?! Be you friend or foe?" He immediately breathes a sigh of relief when the glow from his torch sets upon two elves in the darkness, "Oh! You two had given me quite a fright! I thought you to be some manner of beast looking to feast upon elf flesh." The bowelf chuckles lightly, brushing aside his fears.

The two elves step fully into the light of the torch.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: May 09, 2010, 10:31:16 am »

EPIC.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: May 09, 2010, 10:32:17 am »

They shalt aim at the mad elephant from the darkness, while the bowelf that is close to the mad elephant tries to soothe it by talking in the tongue of elephants.

If the situation proves dire, pierce it with arrows.
If our elf manages to soothe the elephant, hurray!

Also have him help remove the corpses from the tusks, maybe it'll be grateful.

Edit: This is awesome.
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: May 09, 2010, 10:40:01 am »

They shalt aim at the mad elephant from the darkness, while the bowelf that is close to the mad elephant tries to soothe it by talking in the tongue of elephants.

If our elf manages to soothe the elephant, hurray!

Also have him help remove the corpses from the tusks, maybe it'll be grateful.

Edit: This is awesome.
Thou art I, I art Thou.

Mikko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: May 09, 2010, 10:43:44 am »

Aim for the eyes.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 185