Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 53

Author Topic: BYOR 4 - Game Over: Cult Win  (Read 103919 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
BYOR 4 - Game Over: Cult Win
« on: August 09, 2010, 07:19:27 am »

Bring Your Own Role Mafia. Basically, you pick the name of your role, and I pick how it acts and interacts with other roles. Any name shall do, and if it is obscure, a link to a data source might help. ...But please not TOO obscure.

This is otherwise known as U-Pick. I shall do my best to insure playability and avoid broken games.

Therefore, let's play!

As for rules:
PMing: Disallowed (Mafia ONLY)
Hammering: Semi-Allowed (Hammer ends Day, Days are timed [72 Hour Days, 24 Hour Nights, Weekends do not count in that])
Quoting Mod: ALWAYS Disallowed
Along with never under- or over-estimating your own significance.
AND PLAY TO WIN!

And, send your role in when you sign up! Please provide a Wikipedia link (NO VIDEOS/50-PAGE ESSAYS), if obscure. Or a description, if you're feeling extra keen that day.
That's right. Join now and play a swell game o' mafia!

Players:
Pandarsenic - Currently Missing
Org - Old Spice Guy
Lonewolf I - Baby Cuddles
Jokerman-EXE
Zathras - Ra, God of Sun
Spartan117 - GIR
Ottofar - Rorschach
TheBroodyMoods
Mysteriousbluepuppet - TVTrope: chest Burster
Vector - Erik
Toaster - Currently Missing
IronyOwl - Anglerfish
Eduren - Robert Fulton
ToonyMan
Zai - Antoine Dodson

GIR
As an annoying robot built with plenty of flaws, your main goal is rather unknown. You are built to serve, but you are built in such poor fashion as to do a shoddy job of it. But, luckily, you are built with destructive weapons and you're a robot. So doom da-doom-doom doom.
(Day) Assist [target] [player]: You can hinder a player by giving them fake information about another player.
(Night) Annoy [target]: You stop a player from being able to not only hear but go anywhere for the Night.
(Auto) What's The G Stand For?: Your actions have a 50% chance to do something else entirely.
(1-Use) Disguise: You dress up in a dog suit and will remain that way for 2 phases afterward (2 Days or 2 Nights, depending when it is used.) This will confuse anyone wanting your role name or any other part (You will be look town), including on death. This action cannot fail.
(X-Action) Scream: You emit a peircing scream for no reason whatsoever. This action may be used with another action.

Rorschach
Crazy, masked vigilante, out to make a mark on the world. With a grappling hook.
(Night) Kill [target]: You can render a person incapable of living with your incredible strength.
(Night) Confuse [target]: You can psyche out a player with a psychiatrist-like recanting of what they REALLY want. The player will target a random person.
(Day) Grappling Hook [target]: If a player leaves the scene, you may follow them and bring them back... if they're alive.
(Auto) Illegal: Masked vigilantes are bad. Killing innocent people is worse. Both at once is the worst. Your chance to kill someone is 1 / (# of Town you've killed + 2)

Robert Fulton
Inventor and engineer, you are. You developed the steamboat. Props, yo. Congratulations on using the steam engine and putting it on a boat.
(Night) Upgrade [target]: You may upgrade a random ability of a player.
(Day) Investigate [target]: You may investigate a dead player to build a device based on their role. It is given to a random player, including you.
(Auto) Unsuccessful Experiments: You have a certain percent to die after using your first ability that increases each time you use an ability.
(Auto) Go Down With The Sub: You can send one last message to the board after you die.

Anglerfish
If fish can dream, they have nightmares of you, luring them from their safe homes and devouring them. You are very distracting and ridiculously scary, which will hopefully lead to your success in the mafia.
(Day) Crunch [target]: You can crunch up the bones of a dead player you've Devoured to make the body impossible to identify and removing them from your stomach. However, people will hear a crunching noise coming from your direction.
(Night, Mafiakill) Devour [target]: Eats and removes the body of the player you kill, so that the player's identity will not be revealed until you die. As well, players may not target those dead players. You are told what role the player you killed was.
(Auto) Lure: If a player targets you, they may not be roleblocked or redirected.

Ra, God of Sun
You control Night and Day. Well, you control the sun, which controls Night and Day, so kinda in an indirect way.
(1-Use) Solar Reset: The Mandjet makes a double shift, skipping the next Night Phase.
(1-Use) Solar Skip: The Mesektet comes early, dragging the sun back before it can show its face. The next Day Phase is skipped.
(1-Use) Resurrection: You can resurrect a dead player once you have used both of your Solar powers.

Old Spice Guy
"The man that this man smells like."
(Night) Odorize [target]: You can attach a scent to a player and find who he targeted last Night.
(Auto) Deordorized: You are untrackable because of how good you smell like.
(Night, 1-Use) Old Spice Man: You can see who smells like you after the Night. Surely, these people acted on you or someone that acted on someone that smells like you (from actioning you or someone that smells like you.)

TVTrope: Chest Burster
BLARGH! You're not even a real role, since you're not really a physical concept, but an idea OF a concept created from an event.
(Day) CHEST BURST!: You can burst from all the people's chests that you have currently impregnated, killing them. This ability activates on death as well.
(Night) Plant Seed [target]: You... uh... yeah.
(Auto) Inconceivable: Since you are not real, any part of your role is impossible to imagine and cannot be revealed except on death.
(Auto) Everyone's Dead: You win as long as no one else is alive. Your living status is unnecessary.

Erik
You are the Phantom of the Opera, hiding away in an Opera House with a mask to disguise your face. You have a multitude of skills, but without your mask, you will almost certainly be killed. Your architectual knowledge will be necessary.
(Night) Hide: Having made your current surroundings, you can move in and out of secret passages that no one else knows.
(Night) Kidnap [target]: You may remove a player from the game, hiding them away in a secret location. You may release them at any time. You cannot kidnap more than one person at a time. This player may action you at any time, even if you are Hiding. The player will not be told who or what has captured them.
(Auto) Mask Removal: If your mask is removed, the player that removed your mask can reveal it to the Thread, showing your alignment to everyone. However, your mask can only be removed by being able to reach you while you are hiding.
(1-Use) Phantom of the Opera: You show everyone how truly beautiful you are. Everyone will be told you are town. If your mask has been removed, this action will fail.

Antoine Dodson
Umm... You're not sure why you're here right now instead of hiding your children, wife, family, town, dog, toys, or car.
(Night) Hide Other [target]: You hide the person from harm, making them unable to act or be acted on.
(Auto) They Rapin' E'erybody!: If someone visits you in the Night, you will assume that person is trying to get you, causing you to stop your action. You will quickly identify them, though.
(1-Use) Chase Down [target]: You can choose one of the people that actioned you and learn what team they're on.

Baby Cuddles
You are part of the Unicorn cult. You are blue with pink hair. You have no powers.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 05:55:31 pm by webadict »

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 4 [SIGN-UPS : 0 / 13 Players]
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 02:33:22 pm »

Sending role tomorrow.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 03:05:02 pm »

All over this.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2010, 04:07:18 pm »

IN, though I haven't decided a role yet.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Lonewolf I

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2010, 06:42:19 pm »

Rolling out a role now!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2010, 06:45:27 pm »

Ah, come on guys! Four sign-ups and only one role!

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2010, 06:47:28 pm »

Woah, Pandar changed his avatar. I don't think that has happened since I joined.
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Lonewolf I

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2010, 06:50:23 pm »

Ah, come on guys! Four sign-ups and only two roles!

Fixed.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2010, 06:52:27 pm »

In sending role.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2010, 07:00:08 pm »

Woah, Pandar changed his avatar. I don't think that has happened since I joined.

IS IT NOT FABULOUS!?

AAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2010, 09:39:56 pm »

Joker, did you just email me your role?

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 4 [SIGN-UPS : 4 / 13 Players]
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2010, 11:35:39 pm »

...fuck, is THAT what it was? I wasn't really looking.

But yes. I think I did.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2010, 11:45:45 pm »

Joker, is the white background on your guy new? I thought it was transparent.

Also I will in.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2010, 11:56:50 pm »

You're not officially in until you people send in your role!

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
  • Never think twice. Or at all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2010, 12:47:29 am »

Insauce.
Well, you know how if you take your thumb and forefinger and hold them up to your eye, you can make it look like you're squishing someone's head? It's like that, only for real.
"Sometimes being a dwarf has it's advantages, KNEE-CAPPING TIME!"
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 53