Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Stronghold 3 coming to PC early 2011  (Read 8770 times)

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
Re: Stronghold 3 coming to PC early 2011
« Reply #45 on: August 15, 2010, 02:13:33 am »

Hope that one day they make an MMORPG stronghold. I wouldn't mind playing as a woodcutter who chops up wood and brings it to a stockpile, as long as I will eventually be able to be a lord and send out armies of other players.

!!!ROFLMAO!!!

I think I have a strange sense of humor because the first thing I thought when I read this was how absurd it would be for a medieval woodcutter to work his way up to being a lord.  You're a wood cutter.  Your father was a woodcutter.  His father was a woodcutter.  You were born a woodcutter and you will die a wood cutter.  Aspiring to anything else would go against the will of God, because you're a serf, and this is the middle ages.  Silly insane serf.  Who ever heard of someone gaining higher status than that which they were born with!
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 02:22:09 am by Ioric Kittencuddler »
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 15, 2010, 03:36:50 am »

Stronghold 1 was one of my favorite games, at least until I played it multiplayer. In my first online Stronghold game, someone built a lot of apple farms during the first 20 mins peace time, then sold all the apples and bought a huge army with it. Stopped playing after I found out how easy the economy is to abuse.

Stronghold Crusaders was a little nicer because it enforces the peace time along with other things like the "Your keep is enclosed" notification, but still some parts suck.

Stronghold 2 was great in a lot of ways.. except that the walls are made of cardboard. A single catapult hit shatters the wall and everyone on it dies. WTF?

That new remake of Stronghold also seemed to suck... how does making troops in the thousands make the game better?

So, yeah, it's a great game, but there's a LOT of room for improvement.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 15, 2010, 05:35:28 pm »

Hope that one day they make an MMORPG stronghold. I wouldn't mind playing as a woodcutter who chops up wood and brings it to a stockpile, as long as I will eventually be able to be a lord and send out armies of other players.

!!!ROFLMAO!!!

I think I have a strange sense of humor because the first thing I thought when I read this was how absurd it would be for a medieval woodcutter to work his way up to being a lord.  You're a wood cutter.  Your father was a woodcutter.  His father was a woodcutter.  You were born a woodcutter and you will die a wood cutter.  Aspiring to anything else would go against the will of God, because you're a serf, and this is the middle ages.  Silly insane serf.  Who ever heard of someone gaining higher status than that which they were born with!

Can't you become a page and in turn become a knight and then a lord? Of course I meant maybe with a server reset or something. Too bad it is far far far in the future as WURM is as close as we can get to that type of game.

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 15, 2010, 08:33:16 pm »

People didn't live that long. :p

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 15, 2010, 10:39:02 pm »

MOST people lived to between 20-45 depending on their class in the social ladder.
Also you'd send your kid to be a knight if you were able to afford it, then he would get his kid as a knight and somewhere along those lines their kids would rise to power, but only if they married part of the royal family(s).
Hazordhu 2: Dwarven recruits wanted!
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 15, 2010, 11:07:58 pm »

Isn't that just for royalty? You don't need to be royalty to own land and have a fortress/village.

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 16, 2010, 01:16:11 am »

And nobles.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 16, 2010, 02:15:33 am »

People after kings throne, king gives title of noble to loyal knight, I'm pretty sure that's how the storyline went in stronghold 2.

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 16, 2010, 03:42:02 am »

Let's just say that working one's way up from zero to hero as it were was a totally unheard of concept.  In modern days the "serfs" are supposed to be able to rise up to the level of their "masters", back in the middle ages serfs were meant to be serfs, and that was just the way of the world.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 16, 2010, 01:01:06 pm »

I liked stronghold 2, but then I found Medieval 2, which was like playing stronghold 2 and civilizations 4 at the same time.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 16, 2010, 07:33:44 pm »

Looks like it has no economy. Or custom design of castles.

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
  • A Dwarven Demon, yeah, he is pissed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 02, 2010, 04:08:59 pm »

I have Stronghold legends. I was pretty bad ass but I had some things to complain about but I am sure this game will be better.
huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 02, 2010, 04:10:12 pm »

What is it like stronghold 2 but really cheesy? Or does it have bugs? different/bad gameplay style?

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
  • A Dwarven Demon, yeah, he is pissed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 02, 2010, 04:18:01 pm »

What is it like stronghold 2 but really cheesy? Or does it have bugs? different/bad gameplay style?
Never played SH2

HATES
-Instatower matchs!
-InstaUnits matches!
-Lack of economy and goverments.
-Lack of civs and culture
-Where is the religion
-We need more units/buildings
-Stupid online rules about no WWL and NFU ruins online gameplay
-Ice Kingdoms Giants were to powerful
-Dark Kingdoms Dragons were to powerful
-Grassy Kingdoms All 9 Knights were waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay TO POWERFUL!

-Watching people walk around
-Custom maps
-campaign was badass
-Custom downloadable maps
-Epic dragon opening screen
-Get to pick your own color and Coat of Arms
-Get a you (General
-Smaller cities to toy around with and make them pay with food/stone/iron/money/blahblah
-Walls looked nice
-Buildings looked like they fit around the kingdom description an era
-Ground would change from Grass to Ice depending on who currently owns it
-Voices were pretty convincing
-Overall nice game for $10

OVERALL
3/5
Great game to play. But some issues should be worked.
huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 02, 2010, 04:41:09 pm »

Image stronghold 2, with the building tree sliced up between the different fractions (You get to make bread, but you don't, you get the tower-mounted ballista, and you don't etc.) plus, no punishment system, incase you loved burning criminals at the stake or chopping their heads off. Additionally, each fraction got a bunch of special units, that were either
A. Way better than the usual generic guys,
or
B. Pretty damn generic.

Oh, and everyone got a wizard. That's it, a wizard each. Only one. I was really pissed off about that.

(Incase you can't tell, I liked stronghold 2 way better)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5