Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 618 619 [620] 621 622 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2009168 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #9285 on: December 26, 2015, 05:24:24 am »

If all kingdom titles with weigth are already conquered, then it will choose from the ones without weight at random.
Love, scriver~

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #9286 on: December 26, 2015, 08:37:17 am »

If all kingdom titles with weigth are already conquered, then it will choose from the ones without weight at random.
INB4 Iceland Crusade
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #9287 on: December 26, 2015, 08:47:07 am »

INB4 Iceland Crusade
But Iceland isn't a kingdom.
A crusade for Norway will target it too, though.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #9288 on: December 26, 2015, 09:05:19 am »

Must've had Jerusalm then. (I meant Catholic rulers, rather than population)

Had a Crusade for Anatolia, too, and Greece. Perhaps another Catholic ruler demanded these things? Haven't looked at the list for a bit, but I know that can happen. Why they'd want to, who knows. Rivalry, probably.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #9289 on: December 26, 2015, 09:24:18 am »

Just got Crusader Kings 2 from the Bay12 Giveaway, so PTW.

ALSO: Any suggestions for a first character?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9290 on: December 26, 2015, 09:28:52 am »

Ireland is known as noob island.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9291 on: December 26, 2015, 09:34:14 am »

Follow up question: Which DLC should I absolutely buy while they're still on sale?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

gimli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9292 on: December 26, 2015, 09:37:07 am »

Ireland is known as noob island.

Lmfao, I was typing "Ireland 1066", when the message appeared that someone replied while I was writing. So yeah...Ireland for the noobs!  :D
Later on you can try Hungary or England for example. I had some awesome games with those kingdoms [..and easy enough!].

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9293 on: December 26, 2015, 09:37:42 am »

Follow up question: Which DLC should I absolutely buy while they're still on sale?
Sigtext!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9294 on: December 26, 2015, 09:38:55 am »

Old Gods and Rajas of India and Horse Lords allow you to play as Pagans and Indians and Nomads (this being a different government type)) respectively. Way of Life adds a focus to give your character. Sons of Abraham... I'm not sure. Sunset Invasion adds Aztecs, which is a bit silly.

Other things I can't remember... Charlemagne actually! 769 start date. Old Gods has a... 869 start? As opposed to the vanilla 1066.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #9295 on: December 26, 2015, 09:41:17 am »

OHSHIT I forgot Ruler Designer is a DLC. Its the best. So it goes first now.
I believe Legacy of Rome is what adds retinues, which are all but essential for anyone with vast tracts of land. Way of Life is pretty nice, and affects literally everything. Old Gods is good for adding the Norse, which are considered the most OP religion ever... OG also adds a earlier start date, which is nice, but fucks with the "noob island" thing everyone always talks about. Charley adds an EVEN EARLIER start date, as well as tribes, which are good at blobbing but bad at literally everything else...
Sons of Abraham is all about the Christianity,  while Sword of Islam adds Mooslims, who are hilariously OP.

My Little Pony Empire Edition adds Nomads, who are apparently OP but I died immediately the only time I tried to play them. It also adds actual trade routes, in this case the Silk Road, though really only Nomads, Mooslims and Indians can ever hope to benefit from it so I mostly ignore it.

Rajas adds Indians who do absolutely fuck all forever and are subsequently ignored, While Sunset Invasion adds Aztecs but only if you play through the whole game or start in one of the latest bookmarks.

Note I'm listing these in roughly the order of "best to worst" so start with Rome and WoL and work your way down.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2015, 09:53:47 am by BFEL »
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9296 on: December 26, 2015, 09:46:41 am »

Well... This is all the DLC, and the wiki, which I've found quite useful (even having played the game for several hundred hours)

gimli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9297 on: December 26, 2015, 09:46:59 am »

1. Some general infos about the expansions/DLCs: http://www.ckiiwiki.com/Downloadable_content
2. Mods! Ex.: GoT mod -> http://www.ckiiwiki.com/A_Game_of_Thrones
"The mod should run fine no matter which DLC is enabled/disabled. However some of the DLC does add content to the mod, here is an overview:"

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9298 on: December 26, 2015, 09:54:30 am »

And now I just noticed Steams "Crusader Kings II DLC Collection" is on sale for $30 where it would normally be $120. Probably just going to get that.
Sigtext!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9299 on: December 26, 2015, 10:00:34 am »

Wise decision. While you won't have much of a comparison if you haven't played the vanilla CKII, the DLC does make the game better. All of it. 'cept the Sunset Invasion, but ah well, for 75% off you can't complain :P

Pages: 1 ... 618 619 [620] 621 622 ... 1002