Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: No economy?  (Read 3659 times)

Flok Speargrabber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
No economy?
« on: January 18, 2008, 01:11:00 am »

It's been seven years into my fort, over two since I hit 100 pop. Created wealth is into the 4 mil range, exported in the 10000 area. Still no tax collector, despite 1500 electrum, gold, silver, and copper coins (each).

eltorre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: No economy?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2008, 06:09:00 am »

i had economy start with 115 dwarves. i had 85, and in the inmigrants wave come the baron, consort, hammerer and tax collector. also i had arround 2m of created wealth (2 legendary stone crafters and 1 bone crafter makes wealth in no time).
also coins dont affect the start... i have no coins and economy works well. also, electrum coins dont count towards economy. only gold, silver and copper.

Fedor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2008, 10:40:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Flok Speargrabber:
<STRONG>It's been seven years into my fort, over two since I hit 100 pop. Created wealth is into the 4 mil range, exported in the 10000 area. Still no tax collector, despite 1500 electrum, gold, silver, and copper coins (each).</STRONG>
Stupid resonse time:  Double-check your init file and verify that ECONOMY is set to YES, not NO.  If that's not the answer, then I don't know what's up.

I am pretty sure that minting coins has no effect on starting the economy.  Ditto wealth.  I thought that simply having 80 dwarves was enough, but perhaps only Toady really knows.

Fedor Andreev is a citizen of the Federated Endeavor. He is a member of the Wandering Minds.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2008, 06:25:00 pm »

You also need to do a variety of different jobs in the previous year (and have the caravan survive) to trigger the baron.  4 of the following:  25 crafting jobs, 25 metal-related jobs, 25 wood-related jobs, 10 gem jobs, 25 stone jobs, 25 food jobs.  That shouldn't be a problem if you are just doing a few things, but if your fort is completely directed toward one activity or another, it won't qualify.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Fedor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2008, 03:49:00 am »

[ January 19, 2008: Message edited by: Fedor ]

Fedor Andreev is a citizen of the Federated Endeavor. He is a member of the Wandering Minds.