Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 77

Author Topic: BYOR5.5 - Day 9: Just Kidding. Game Over.  (Read 124321 times)

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR5.5 - Day 1: Ghostly Meeting
« Reply #120 on: December 14, 2010, 02:51:12 pm »

Mr.Person, similar questions: talk about flavour, and tell us about your thoughts about pro- and anti- town factions for this game, please?

I'm pretty sure the opening flavor is irrelevant. Any other flavor may be relevant, but I'm thinking probably not. I'd ask Webadict to be sure, though.

We're probably facing 3 mafia with 2 third parties. There may be anywhere from 0 to 4 third parties. We could be looking at a 4-player mafia if the town is particularly strong. If there's dueling mafia families, they could have 2 or 3 players each.

Nirur Torir, how experienced are you with the game of Mafia? And who do you think would be the best scumbuddy for you?
I've played a few games only on the Bay12 forum (5-7, maybe?), although I've only played one game in the last few months. I consider myself to be somewhere between "novice" and "moderately skilled."

Mr.Person. His abrasive criticism of my play style would encourage me to improve my skills.

Don't get me wrong, your playstyle pisses me off to no end, but I think I've learned to seperate you saying scummy things from you pissing me off. At least that's the idea since I'm not sure what's scummy for you, so moot point.

Oh wait, when we're scumbuddies... right... In that case I think we'd actually do pretty poorly unless we get in a big (pointless) argument. To be honest, I'd like to not do that.

Person:  What two types of personalities would you prefer to be on a scum team with you?

I'd like to have 2 copies of any of the player's currently in Sorcerer's Apprentice.

Nirur Torir: Who do you think is scum?

Jokerman: What do you think of Zathra's case against you? Do you see his side? Does it have any merit or grain of truth?

Also, Org, where are you? You've been online since the game started and there have been questions directed aimed at you, but you haven't posted at all. It's not like you.

I honestly can't tell, were you being sarcastic here?

Ottofar, you've been distinctly useless so far. Rectify that situation or die.

I consider questions related to analyzing people's meta strategy to be game-related. I want to know more about how his strategy has worked for him as town in the past.

So then why are you asking him to analyze his own meta for you? You know Jokerman's going to be biased. If you want to analyze Jokerman's meta, do it yourself.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 14, 2010, 03:19:30 pm »

So then why are you asking him to analyze his own meta for you? You know Jokerman's going to be biased. If you want to analyze Jokerman's meta, do it yourself.
I wasn't asking for his own analysis of himself. I was asking for a game where he felt that he did particularly well.

Nirur Torir: Who do you think is scum?
It's too early to say, and we haven't even had everybody post. After a quick re-read, I'd pick Argembarger and Archangel, who haven't done anything particularly noticable yet. I don't know about Jokerman, and there are enough people putting him through a proper questioning session right now.

Argenbarger: If you were scum, and your role was to know ahead of time that you were scum, and be able to pick the other scum roles, what roles would you have picked for two scum buddies and why?

Archangel: Your only post so far was an answer and a random vote at Org. What do you think about Jokerman?

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 14, 2010, 03:28:03 pm »

Well that explains a lot.

Just be a little less rude next time, ok?
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 14, 2010, 03:30:09 pm »

Person/Ottofar:  Noted.

Pandar:  Wake up!  Game's on!

Irony:  Do you think Jokerman's case is helped since he is neither going after lurkers nor lurking?

Jokerman:  Since we have many non-random posts to deal with, who do you think is acting scummy?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 14, 2010, 03:35:08 pm »

Nirur Torir: Why two?

Oh wait, when we're scumbuddies...

Mr. P, Scumslip?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 14, 2010, 03:58:13 pm »

Because two people have yet to post, and I don't have any strong suspicions, as it's less then 24 hours into the game.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 14, 2010, 04:05:13 pm »

Mr. P, Scumslip?

That's what he was asking about, us being scumbuddies together.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 14, 2010, 04:05:57 pm »

Pandarsenic, who would you most want on your scumteam? Who would you most want to have a powerful role?

Mu. I don't have a scumteam. If I had one, I'd like to be cult again so I could recruit as I please.

I think it's merely flavor flavor.  I'm here, as far as I know.  No common theme- everyone chose their own costume!

Fair enough, unvote. But, although each one chose their own costume, do you think there is a common theme on how the costumes interact with each other, the fact that they were immaterial, or the whispering? is there another interesting thread at which to pull?

Argembarger, what's your take at the flavour? and what do you think would be a good strategy for this kind of game?

Mr.Person, similar questions: talk about flavour, and tell us about your thoughts about pro- and anti- town factions for this game, please?

Oh, and before I forget, Vengekill Pandarsenic!  8-P

YOU GO DIE IN A PIT

Person/Ottofar:  Noted.

Pandar:  Wake up!  Game's on!

Irony:  Do you think Jokerman's case is helped since he is neither going after lurkers nor lurking?

Jokerman:  Since we have many non-random posts to deal with, who do you think is acting scummy?

Shush you, I sleep when I please and my kitty demanded petting when I woke up.

So on a scale of 1 to Bullshit, who else thinks this shit going on between Jow/Owl/Zath is total nonsense?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 14, 2010, 04:22:17 pm »

Mr. P, Scumslip?

That's what he was asking about, us being scumbuddies together.

"If we would be..."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 14, 2010, 04:27:01 pm »

No. It's not really helped by not lurking because Zathras' been putting pressure on him; he's basically openly stated that he wouldn't be doing anything at all until something fell into his lap.

Avoiding saying one thing and doing the opposite wouldn't really "help" his case so much as not make it worse. However, I'd argue that he is going after lurkers, or at least trying to get Zathras to go after lurkers. Note:

One thing that I have decided on is that you don't feel like scum right now. As such, I think it would be better to focus on pulling other players into the game, and we can revisit this argument D2, when lurking becomes a bigger thing and when it might make more sense to us. Does that sound reasonable?

If "pulling other players into the game" doesn't mean going after lurkers, I'd like to know what it does mean.

Mu. I don't have a scumteam. If I had one, I'd like to be cult again so I could recruit as I please.
Alright, but who would you most want with a powerful role?

So on a scale of 1 to Bullshit, who else thinks this shit going on between Jow/Owl/Zath is total nonsense?
So you don't think anything Jokerman's said is scummy? Do you think any of what me or Zath has said is scummy? What's your take on this nonsense situation?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 14, 2010, 04:42:28 pm »

So you don't think anything Jokerman's said is scummy? Do you think any of what me or Zath has said is scummy? What's your take on this nonsense situation?

IronyOwl.

Pandar lumped you three together with no indication of whom he though was more or less scummy.  You respond by trying to get him to suspect Joker, while putting yourself and Zath in a better light.  You've been buddying Zath in damn near every post of yours, and trying to railroad Jokerman.  You're scum.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 14, 2010, 05:00:19 pm »

IronyOwl.

Pandar lumped you three together with no indication of whom he though was more or less scummy.  You respond by trying to get him to suspect Joker, while putting yourself and Zath in a better light.  You've been buddying Zath in damn near every post of yours, and trying to railroad Jokerman.  You're scum.
The hell? I asked whether he thought Jokerman was scummy because I find it hard to believe he thinks "ignore lurkers they're fine" is normal. How exactly is asking about him first trying to convince him of anything?

Where exactly am I putting myself and Zath in a better light?

I only buddied Zath once, in my response to you. Where else have I buddied him? Or did you mean to say agreeing with someone is buddying?

Finally, what do you mean by "trying to railroad Jokerman"?
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 14, 2010, 05:10:14 pm »

So why did you buddy Zathras at all, IronyOwl?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 14, 2010, 05:17:30 pm »

He's a good player in the process of calling someone on anti-town bullshit. There's no real way to acknowledge that without buddying him.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 14, 2010, 05:19:46 pm »

He's a good player in the process of calling someone on anti-town bullshit. There's no real way to acknowledge that without buddying him.

So why acknowledge it at all?

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 77