Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17

Author Topic: Monster Hunter Universe Mod v 0.4.7 (+ tileset&graphics)  (Read 77719 times)

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter Universe Mod v 0.4.1
« Reply #75 on: March 25, 2011, 12:13:10 am »

How are dragonite and carbalite in comparison to steel? Are they better, worse, or equal for their purposes (dragonite = weapons, carbalite = armor)?
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Iados

• Bay Watcher
  • Back from the Dead
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #76 on: March 26, 2011, 02:53:32 am »

How are dragonite and carbalite in comparison to steel? Are they better, worse, or equal for their purposes (dragonite = weapons, carbalite = armor)?

they are worse than steel, but a bit better than iron & bronze.

wow this will make things brutal in adventure mode

me like this

also i sugest you add things from 3

because you can never have too many things wanting to kill you  :)
don't worry, I'll add them.

Also...

UPDATE RELEASED!!

Like i said in last update, ALL creatures of first and second generation (up to Monster Hunter Freedoom Unite) are now in.
New creatures, specifically, are Nargacuga, Hypnocatrice, Ukanlos.

There are also Melynx and Shakalakas, with related entities: Melynxs act like kobolds, stealing your items, but i give them [NO_EAT] and [NO_DRINK], so they won't starve to death. Shakalakas, instead are like gobbos, but will steal items instead of your babies, and have some equipment limitations: they can only use masks for helm protections, and as weapons they have short swords, maces, and bows.

Also, first release of the tileset!! It's 16x16, and changes the following icons:
Meat --> MH Rations, etc...
Flask/Waterskin/Vials --> Potions
Bags --> MH Sacs
Remains --> Bone icon
Cut gems --> Decorations
Metal Ores --> MH Ore.
Coins --> MH training school coins.
Question Mark --> MH Question Mark (the one used for some monsters icon, like the fatalis)

And finally, 200 Downloads!! Thanks everybody!!

Next update: i'll add sacs organs to all creatures (screamer, flame sac, etc), elemental bullets, and probabily some new creatures.

uber pye

• Bay Watcher
  • murderhobo extraordinaire
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter Universe Mod v 0.4.2
« Reply #77 on: March 26, 2011, 12:05:19 pm »

sadly to many megabeasts caused my world creation to slow down to a halt  :(

edit: nevermind thats just my computer  :( :( :(
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 01:09:29 pm by uber pye »
"Immortal" just means that you haven't killed it hard enough

X-MAS TIME!!!!!
the mad immortal child! xmas themed

talrave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 26, 2011, 12:09:46 pm »

I'm not seeing the "things to add"  file in the latest upload... 

Iados

• Bay Watcher
  • Back from the Dead
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #79 on: March 26, 2011, 12:20:13 pm »

I'm not seeing the "things to add"  file in the latest upload...

reuploading the file... accidentally i deleted "things to add" instead of the empty "tileset" folder. Now you should find it :)

goukaryuujin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 26, 2011, 01:31:48 pm »

Hmmmm i always thought Dragonite and carbalite were used to make high grade steel/metal wepons along with iorn ore...
My wife, on the other hand, is sitting right next to me on her own computer playing DF, and her worldgens and embarks yield copious amounts of flux and iron. Armok likes her best.
Ok I stuffed up some how... I have Forgotten beasts and Mosswines as a Hostile Civ...

Iados

• Bay Watcher
  • Back from the Dead
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #81 on: March 26, 2011, 02:28:18 pm »

Hmmmm i always thought Dragonite and carbalite were used to make high grade steel/metal wepons along with iorn ore...

yeah when i added them first time i was a bit confused by material tags... now i understand them a bit better, expect them to change soon :)

goukaryuujin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 26, 2011, 02:51:28 pm »

Is it right for me to expect some amazing steel varients soon...?
My wife, on the other hand, is sitting right next to me on her own computer playing DF, and her worldgens and embarks yield copious amounts of flux and iron. Armok likes her best.
Ok I stuffed up some how... I have Forgotten beasts and Mosswines as a Hostile Civ...

Iados

• Bay Watcher
  • Back from the Dead
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #83 on: March 27, 2011, 03:40:55 am »

Is it right for me to expect some amazing steel varients soon...?

yes i was thinking that the actual "pure" dragonite & carbalite will remain the same... with new alloys (steel + MH metal) that will be strong like actual eltalite. And naturally eltalite will be upgraded (is rarer than adamantine... you need to find Union first, have the luck of finding the eltalite, and hoping your miner will actually extract it!)

Iados

• Bay Watcher
  • Back from the Dead
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
Re: Monster Hunter Universe Mod v 0.4.3
« Reply #84 on: March 30, 2011, 12:31:24 pm »

Ok, this was a quick thing.

UPDATE!!

FIRST of all: elemental bullet crafting!

All creatures are now weak to one or two particular elements:
-Fire
-Ice
-Water
-Thunder
-Dragon
I handled this thing with creature class: if a creature is weak to fire it has [CREATURE_CLASS:FIRE], etc...

The bullets are crafted in adventure mode: you first need an huskberry, found with a dedicated reaction. Then you need something to give the elemental power. Your choice is fire herb, ice crystal, a knife mackarel, flashbugs, and dragon seeds (what element is every item should be quite obvious :) ). Now combine them and you have your bullet!
Ah, did i said they are usable only with bowguns?

SECOND, all plants are now eatable and brewable. Dwarves aren't stupid enough to eat raw toadstool, so you need to cook them before.

THIRD, two new creatures. Baggis are like Jaggis, but live in cold areas... and can put you to sleep. And have iron bones. And are bigger. And are blue. In other words, they are the strongest raptors :).
The second creature... is the Lagiacrus!! I like to call it "Ultimate Carp"... and he doesn't need more descriptions. Also, he spits electricity.

FOURTH, all raptor-like wyverns are now [PET_EXOTIC] and [MOUNT_EXOTIC]. I also added the code to the "things to add" file that should (i'm not 100% sure) make the Dungeon Master appointable.

FIFTH, new metals. Old carbalite and dragonite are renamed "pure". Dragonite Steel is obtained by combining 1 dragonite bar and 1 steel bar, and is very good in combat. Carbalite steel is harder to make: you need 2 steel bars and 2 carbalite bars, and you have only a 50% chance of actually creating it. Luckyly, there is a good chance of doing carbalite steel scraps: little piece of metal, too small to use them... but you can [m]elt them down in the smelter to obtain a bar, if you collect enough of them. Carbalite steel is the third best metal, right under adamantine.

Wait, adamantine is the second?!?!?!?

YEAH! Eltalite is better than adamantine!! Naturally is also rarer... quoting myself
you need to find Union first, have the luck of finding the eltalite, and hoping your miner will actually extract it!

LASTLY, Entity updates. Felynes are now playable (actually they were from the last update, but i forget to say it :P ). When embarking, look at the world map: if you see the statue/mountainhome symbol around the map you'll play as dwarves. If you see cities symbols (#), you'll embark as felynes. Also, i made shakalakas more powerful. Let them siege you and you'll discover why *insert evil grin here*.

P.s.: do you like the main post image? I found it on the wiki, thanks to anybody who made it.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 12:35:04 pm by Iados »

skaltum

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAW!
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter Universe Mod v 0.4.3 (+ tileset)
« Reply #85 on: March 30, 2011, 03:05:17 pm »

do you plan to add the new, new critters from Monster hunter portable 3rd?

monsters such as the ice agnaktor, ice barroth, Froggi's, amatsu, Jinouga etc
I just realized, after adding the new body parts to the other races, that I have an entire squad of dwarves with a shield in each hand and swinging their axes with their penises. There's nightmare fuel for those goblins, in more ways than one.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 31, 2011, 12:27:02 am »

Do shakalakas actually carry weapons and armor now? Because before, they still had their jobs (swordsman, spearman, etc) but they were all naked and unarmed.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Iados

• Bay Watcher
  • Back from the Dead
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #87 on: March 31, 2011, 07:23:07 am »

do you plan to add the new, new critters from Monster hunter portable 3rd?

monsters such as the ice agnaktor, ice barroth, Froggi's, amatsu, Jinouga etc

totally yes!

Do shakalakas actually carry weapons and armor now? Because before, they still had their jobs (swordsman, spearman, etc) but they were all naked and unarmed.

i havn't noticed that bug before. I'm reuploading the file with the fix right now!

Iados

• Bay Watcher
  • Back from the Dead
    • View Profile
    • deviantArt
« Reply #88 on: April 03, 2011, 02:11:40 pm »

oooook New Update. Small thing

I did some fixes... like Lagiacrus missing [SEMIMEGABEAST].

The "things to add" file includes a lot of new tokens to add.

since i know some mods adds katana to the game, i changed longsword's name in the RAWs changed from ITEM_WEAPON_SWORD_KATANA to ITEM_WEAPON_SWORD_LONG_HUNTER, to avoid every compatibility issue :)

The last thing is an alternate set of Raws, found in the "More Creatures" folder. Playing with these raw makes the game VERY HARD.
All creatures here are [LARGE_ROAMING] and [LARGE_PREDATOR], with some exceptions that are still Megabeast, but attack a lot earlier (Lao-Shan, Raviente, Fatalis). This means that while you walk around in Adventure mode you can be ambushed by a Garuga, a Rathalos (or a Chameleos...), and in Fortress mode dwarves going outside must be careful.

skaltum

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 03, 2011, 04:32:56 pm »

oooook New Update. Small thing

I did some fixes... like Lagiacrus missing [SEMIMEGABEAST].

The "things to add" file includes a lot of new tokens to add.

since i know some mods adds katana to the game, i changed longsword's name in the RAWs changed from ITEM_WEAPON_SWORD_KATANA to ITEM_WEAPON_SWORD_LONG_HUNTER, to avoid every compatibility issue :)

The last thing is an alternate set of Raws, found in the "More Creatures" folder. Playing with these raw makes the game VERY HARD.
All creatures here are [LARGE_ROAMING] and [LARGE_PREDATOR], with some exceptions that are still Megabeast, but attack a lot earlier (Lao-Shan, Raviente, Fatalis). This means that while you walk around in Adventure mode you can be ambushed by a Garuga, a Rathalos (or a Chameleos...), and in Fortress mode dwarves going outside must be careful.

oh gawd the garugas T.T

did you give them the prone to rage tag? seeing as they rage waaaaay to easily in MHFU
I just realized, after adding the new body parts to the other races, that I have an entire squad of dwarves with a shield in each hand and swinging their axes with their penises. There's nightmare fuel for those goblins, in more ways than one.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17