Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Dragon Age mod  (Read 14767 times)

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dragon Age mod
« on: March 19, 2011, 09:29:32 pm »

I am currently working on a Dragon Age 2 mod. I will post more information as more is completed but so far I have many basic civilizations done and I soon will be moving on to creatures.

DOWNLOAD

Instructions to install:
1:Copy files.
2:Paste files into the objects folder under the raw folder.
3:Delete entity_default file, otherwise you'll have duplicate humans, elves, and dwarves. I have included the other necessary entities in the entity_dragon_age file.

Civilizations:

Ferelden: Composed of dwarves, elves, and humans, this nation is small but very strong.

Orlais: The most powerful human only nation in Thedas.

Qunari: Dedicated to their ways, the Qunari try to keep the peace, but they will convert or destroy any opposition.

Dalish: Basically vanilla elves, modified positions.

Orzammar: Basically vanilla dwarves, modified postions.

Templars: Dedicated to protecting the world from magic, they will destroy any mages in their way.

Darkspawn: The Darkspawn spread their taint across Thedas, corrupting and destroying all in their path.

Grey Wardens: Dedicated to destroying the Darkspawn, the Grey Wardens are the most proficient fighters in Thedas.

Mages: They are not their own civilization but I wanted to explain what they do. They have abilities in the form of breath attacks that replicate their spells, such as mind blast, fireball, crushing prison, and stonefist.

To do list:
-Antiva (not enough info)
-assorted creatures (most, if not all from Dragon Age)
-maleficars in the overall caste of a civ along with mages, leaving templars as their own civ to target another civ for protecting mages? possibility of them being wandering creatures at the same time
-add [CIV_CONTROLLABLE] to all civs so it will randomize the civ embarking with each embark (need entity positions to do necessary jobs)
-abominations are wild creatures
-maleficars in the caste of a civ or wild only? apostates will be in the caste of a civ
-new dialogue, chantry praising Andraste and dwarves Atrast Vala and such
-new materials (ironbark, silverite, etc)

CHALLENGE: My challenge to anyone who plays this mod. There is a creature that resides in evil biomes. You will know what it is when you see it, as it will probably destroy your fortress. It's description will be "all your base are belong to us". It is not a semi or regular megabeast, just an 'ordinary' creature. Kill it and post screenshots.

Comments and any ideas are appreciated. I am not looking into doing any weapons or armor yet. The Wardens will probably have their own armor as with the Templars.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 04:52:00 pm by Daywalkah »
Magma cancels flow; interrupted by Ironblood.

Ironhand

• Bay Watcher
  • the llama is laughing
    • View Profile
Re: Dragon Age mod
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 09:36:26 pm »

Maleficars!

They could just be a small faction of some of your human civs...
Can you give them different morals than their overarching civ? That might be cool.

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2011, 09:41:32 pm »

I was thinking about including mages in the overall castes of a civ but that would be leaving out one thing, mages and templars fighting. Or I could just accept the templars being one civ and attacking the whole civilization, that would work with the Right of Annulment and such. I think I can give the maleficars different morals, I'll see what I can do.

Ironhand

• Bay Watcher
  • the llama is laughing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2011, 09:45:00 pm »

Or maleficars could be just wandering monsters or something.
Then peasants would run from them and templars would strike them down on sight.

Then you could have hidden maleficars as castes as well, just to spice up adventure mode dialog.

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2011, 09:51:56 pm »

Now that would make things interesting. These are good ideas, I'll make a note about them. Mages and the like are the last civ I'm going to do as they will be the 2nd hardest, compared to the casted Fereldans in which i had no previous experience. Which nation/race should be the main nation to play as? I'm thinking Ferelden or Orzammar.

Ironhand

• Bay Watcher
  • the llama is laughing
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2011, 10:01:40 pm »

Hmmm...

Orzammar is the logical first choice, if you want to play as dwarves. And let's face it, who doesn't?

Does this take place during any particular time period? Is it during the Dragon Age?
Because if you made it some nondescript number of (hundreds of) years earlier,
dwarven thaigs could be way more numerous. But if it's during the game time,
Orzammar is pretty much the only one.

Then again, maybe you're just not really worrying about restrictive canon history like that.

Anyway, yeah, I think the dwarves are probably the best option to play as.

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2011, 10:04:47 pm »

Time period is not restricted. We could play as the Tevinter Imperium at the height of their power or even the Darkspawn or Dwarves when they were still strong. I personally will probably play as most if not all of the civs at a point. I could give all of them the CIV_CONTROLLABLE tag, this would randomize who you embark with.

Ironhand

• Bay Watcher
  • the llama is laughing
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2011, 10:08:10 pm »

Oh, that is awesome.

Do that. :D

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2011, 10:15:35 pm »

Darkspawn.. let me guess.. they are going to be like vanilla goblins, plus extra aggressivenes?

Just posted this because this looks interesting, and I want to follow the progress.
At some point, when the actual civs are being done.. are you planning to have a graphics pack for this?
I recommend phobeus's and Ironhand's.

Edit: typos
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 10:24:15 pm by Ultimuh »

Ironhand

• Bay Watcher
  • the llama is laughing
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2011, 10:20:19 pm »

Ooooo! Darkspawn blood!

Everyone but Wardens (usually) die when they come in contact!

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2011, 11:02:44 pm »

Seeing as making creatures change into other creatures and/or go hostile due to syndromes isn't possible (yet), having them die a slow and painful death from Darkspawn blood is the best you can do right now.
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

scotch208

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2011, 11:14:14 pm »

For the mages take a look at breath attacks. TRAILING_DUST_FLOW could be used for a mind blast like spell, dragons for breath for a fireball/ cone fire type spell ect. Making the mage class have alot of breath attacks would be like them having lots of spells. And if you make it so the mage class is a very low chance to happen because they are very powerful. Because of this you could have epic stories of mages fight off the darkspawn ect. Or even better give the grey wardens breath attacks so they are awesome and fearsome as they should be.
-The Dwarf Creed-
This is my workshop. There are many like it but this one is mine. It is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without my workshop I am useless. I must use my workshop well. I must work harder than my enemy, who is trying to kill me. He must have fun before I do. I will make it so. Before Armok I swear this creed: my workshop and myself are defenders of my country, we are the masters of our enemy, we are the saviors of my life. So be it. Amen.

Hammerstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2011, 11:14:38 pm »

If I remember correctly, just contact with Darkspawn blood isn't enough, and it actually causes problems if it is swallowed or comes in contact with open wounds (otherwise, the dwarven berserkers would be dying in enormous numbers). But then again, I don't think DF is able to simulate blood-splash into open wounds either, so just contact would have to work, unless there's a possibility of it guaranteeing infections.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 11:17:25 pm by Hammerstar »

scotch208

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2011, 11:27:27 pm »

You could also give mages web shooting for a sleep like spell or like a rune of paralyse cuz they stay on the ground.

Also would there be a way to make a caste of a civ hostile to the civ or the other castes?
Or would there be a way to spawn a creature when a member of a certain caste dies?
I'm thinking maybe you could make mages turn into abominations maybe on a percentage chance or after a certain amount of time alive. Also when they die they might able to spawn aboms or even arcane horrors, The mage would rather let deamons possess him right before he dies than let the 'lesser' creature kill him.

Also I think you could combine certain breath attacks and syndromes and tags like [ENTERS BLOOD] to get effects that would be plausible as blood magic for apostates.
Maybe blood mages can be a separate caste or creature than an apostate. Apostates either having less or weaker blood magic spells than actual blood mages.
Also maybe there would be a way for Blood mages to turn other people into abominations. If you cannot change a creature into another perhaps you could use the CE_SWELLING  CE_OOZING  and  CE_BLISTERS   to make a spell that 'makes' someone an abomination and maybe with with a longer timed CE_NECROSIS  to kill them after a certain time.

Entropy:
CE_UNCONSCIOUSNESS (sleep)
CE_NAUSEA and/or CE_DIZZINESS  (disorient)
CE_PARALYSIS (paralyze)

Blood magic:
CE_VOMIT_BLOOD  and CE_COUGH_BLOOD  combined with any of the below for added blood effect
CE_BLEEDING  for a blood magic spell of some sort
CE_NECROSIS with  SEV:X turned way up as a kill spell
CE_PAIN  High SEV:X to be a blood mage paralyze or horror spell.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 02:48:15 am by scotch208 »
-The Dwarf Creed-
This is my workshop. There are many like it but this one is mine. It is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without my workshop I am useless. I must use my workshop well. I must work harder than my enemy, who is trying to kill me. He must have fun before I do. I will make it so. Before Armok I swear this creed: my workshop and myself are defenders of my country, we are the masters of our enemy, we are the saviors of my life. So be it. Amen.

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2011, 10:07:26 am »

Look at all the replies! These ideas are great!

Also would there be a way to make a caste of a civ hostile to the civ or the other castes?
Or would there be a way to spawn a creature when a member of a certain caste dies?
I'm thinking maybe you could make mages turn into abominations maybe on a percentage chance or after a certain amount of time alive. Also when they die they might able to spawn aboms or even arcane horrors, The mage would rather let deamons possess him right before he dies than let the 'lesser' creature kill him.

None of that is possible as far as I know. I could make abominations a very low pop ratio but they still wouldn't attack other civ member.

Also I think you could combine certain breath attacks and syndromes and tags like [ENTERS BLOOD] to get effects that would be plausible as blood magic for apostates.
Maybe blood mages can be a separate caste or creature than an apostate. Apostates either having less or weaker blood magic spells than actual blood mages.
Also maybe there would be a way for Blood mages to turn other people into abominations. If you cannot change a creature into another perhaps you could use the CE_SWELLING  CE_OOZING  and  CE_BLISTERS   to make a spell that 'makes' someone an abomination and maybe with with a longer timed CE_NECROSIS  to kill them after a certain time.

Entropy:
CE_UNCONSCIOUSNESS (sleep)
CE_NAUSEA and/or CE_DIZZINESS  (disorient)
CE_PARALYSIS (paralyze)

Blood magic:
CE_VOMIT_BLOOD  and CE_COUGH_BLOOD  combined with any of the below for added blood effect
CE_BLEEDING  for a blood magic spell of some sort
CE_NECROSIS with  SEV:X turned way up as a kill spell
CE_PAIN  High SEV:X to be a blood mage paralyze or horror spell.

These are all good ideas. I will add having blood mages a separate but more powerful caste. The spell ideas are great!

Darkspawn.. let me guess.. they are going to be like vanilla goblins, plus extra aggressivenes?

Just posted this because this looks interesting, and I want to follow the progress.
At some point, when the actual civs are being done.. are you planning to have a graphics pack for this?
I recommend phobeus's and Ironhand's.

Edit: typos

If Ironhand or phobeus wouldn't mind. They can make graphics for it if they want. I will not as I have no experience in it. Answering all the darkspawn questions, I will try to make them unique compared to the goblins. They will already have different castes (genlock, hurlock, ogre, archdemon) and their taint. What else should I do to make them different? That and I am going to include spirits and demons soon, should they be a civ or a roaming creature? I was thinking civ because they are their own civ in the Fade.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4