Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Deepdungeons (succesion fort/community game)  (Read 7346 times)

plisskin

• Bay Watcher
  • That's "Plissken"
    • View Profile
Re: Deepdungeons (succesion fort/community game)
« Reply #90 on: April 04, 2011, 08:39:48 am »

Megaprojects always get railroaded by reality.

Wait, am I talking about DF or real life?
Legendary Wrestler
Legendary Ambusher

Left Eye

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ethics:give a shit?: denied]
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 04, 2011, 03:40:54 pm »

17th of Slate
Drink up me laddys! I be a farther! Drinking rations are doubled for the day!  By my Beard I didn’t even know she was carrying, what a shock-
-The rest of the entry is covered in beer stains and is undecipherable-
25th of Slate
Word travels fast, weve got more immigrants, the usual motly bunch of babe beards from the mountain homes wholl need assigning a proper dwarven job.
Current population: 104.

Weve got a possession. Gone and claimed a craftsworkshop. I look forward to the resulting braclet or earing.

We have elves, and we have a doosey of an opportunity. Those tree loving fools arnt leaving this land without giving up those animals, thats for sure. -i put the eagle in a pen ontop of the fortress towers at the front gate, keep it their untill we can breed them-

Well ill be blown.

Now that is a good gauntlet. Ill assign someone to wear it if they prove themselves during my reign or ill jump into the military with my trusty pick and use it.

3rd of Hemanite: Another birth. Acquired the giant eagle.

28th of Hemanite: i deconstructed the traction bench under the hero guy, get got up and went out hunting. What ever.

18th Malachite:  More migrants, more miners. Get to work ye slobs!
Good thing ive got a fair few spare picks now. Miners are at 14 of them including myself.
The project continues unabated.

24th of malachite:
I got a shout from some of the deeper mining projects. They’ve hit a void of some sort. As i run down i smell fungus spores and animal dung. Coming down to the site I thank Armok that we hit a void level and not a floor. These things go on forever. For now ill seal them up, they’ll make an excellent source of critters for the dungeon project later, and we won’t have to go out for wood anymore when we get it set up. I’ll leave notes detailing the cavern layout we know about on my desk about it for later. Now, let’s get that floor built before something flies up and creates havoc.

Thankfully it dosent disrupt already in place plans.
Lets hope that luck holds.

Just 2 days after we hit the caverns

We get a minatour visiting.
I forsee a labyrinth may be in order in future. Lets see if we cant cage trap him.
Ah, never mind, he pulled a millatery dwarf through the front door, knowing of our traps, and killed her. After that he proceded to bruise a former oversear a bit before his head was bashed in with a iron warhammer. Good man that dwarf Saldric.

p.s. everyones angry now. Letting everyone be idle is a suicidal idea since the more friends they make the greater chance theyll go a tantruming and bring the entire place down about our heads.
Minatour stew anyone?

28th Galenia
A new baby boy this time, having a bit of a baby boom it seems Oh, and we had the human caravan round, not much, bought all their food stocks though. Just for some variety. Expanded the food farms a little and set up some beehives so we can get honey and wax if we ever need it.
The project is almost fully dug out, wont be long now, just need some more mechanisms.

2nd of limestone
Another of those babe beards has gone cu cu, claimed a clothers workshop.

After i had it built mind. Dosent seem we had one to begin with.

Hes begun his construction. Took him a bonny while.

A giant cave spider silk coat, worth 103 thousand dwarf bucks 0.o

I have to say, this is fine. If we had a noble then ide draft them and make him wear this. Instant happiness.
Wonder if its any good as armour?  Probably not.
Tis the 20th of Limestone and all is well.
22nd of limestone:
Gon damn it. More babe beard migrants. Into the millatery with you, mining for you, and you can do some masonry my dear boy. Might as well set some basics up for anyone wanting to build up into the gapeing void of space inside the walls, although we did get an armourer high master. Some good luck, hell go into millatery squad with me when hes not making armour, since he is excellent in a fair few fighting skills itll be wise to keep him in armour, preferably of his own creation.

6th of sandstone
That, is just random. Seems our unfinished dungeon is attracting monsters already. Cant i shove this guy in the furnaces and use him to make some more armour? Doubt it. Eather way, if we do decide to try utilise the caverns from now on, well have to be carefully to wipe out or otherwise capture these creatures for the safety of the work force.
Ive created my squad and taken position of millatery commander. This squad wont be ready to fight in a wile, their mainly for tunnel fighting, equipped with picks and the like. With this i leave my plans with the manager and bookkeeper to run under the watchfull eye of my wife the broker wile i go into training. Ill keep updating what my wife tells me and send out orders as seen fit.

10th sandstone
Ive started building more floors into the empty gap of the keep so that future noble rooms or oversears if i step down can have somewere to look over the entire fort.

9th of Timber
The project is complete! Muhahahaha! Heres a hint: if your hostile and the size of a dwarf or bigger. Don’t step on the plates ^^ the traps are completely untamperable with due to the deployment of the aquifyer and a current, meaning disassembling the trap is not an option. Its deployment wont cut off the corridor though. Don’t want it to be too harsh if deployed.

14th of Timber: we’ve got our first elite: its a Marksdwarf by the name of Udil Ceillingbells.
In other news, work on the underground waterfall continues. Its drainage is into the caverns.

16th Timber
Buggery, just right after the dwarven caravan. MILLATERY! TO ARMS! DRIVE THEM BACK!

One squad of crossbows so far. Ill get everyone into the fortress and confront them at the doors to protect the diplomat. The merchants are buggerd, that much i can guarantee. I just know at the next trade were going to have to give the mountain homes alot of stuff in offerings...

The goblins and caravan trade bolts.
One goblin dead already.

The caravan dwarfs are putting up a good fight.

The caravan guard hammer dwarf closes with the goblin archers.

Hes going well, that steel warhammer can take a few down. Ive orderd the archer squad to station up in the nearest tower to the fight, with any luck theyll be able to aid in the fight.

He engages the jabber mounted lasher. Go Dwarf go!
As i look around i realise the rest of the fort is watching the sceen unfold with me, the archers are about to get into position. The steel warhammer dwarf fell to bolts in his back before the jabberer ripped his head off. He shall not go unavenged.

The second caravan hammer dwarf goes forward and dispatches one goblin before jumping into the unfinished moat ditch. The marksdorfs are shooting from the walls now.

The second hammer dwarf falls with a bolt through his heart. The melle squads including myself are en route and will engage soon. All that stands between the goblins and killing the merchants, is a couple of marksdwarfs who are getting hit again and again by bolts. And dishing out twice as their receiving.

As we approach the jabberer rider he scarpers and his squad breaks. We move in to mop up.
Unforchunatly one of the merchants got a bolt to the gutt so he wasent best pleased and they decided to pack up and leave instead of letting us treat them. Strange individuals.

Between me and the ex forman and some of the lads we didn’t get anything but bruises, one broken leg and a brocken hand from the bolts, and proceded to turn the goblins into chunky salsa. Seige over. Get to looting lads. And someone grab that steel warhammer wile were out here.
Good thing the hospital is generally very efficient here after i told people to stop standing around.
Buggeration. Someone help me up, ive broke me leg. Argh! Got three of the basterds tho heheh. –omitted statement concerning leg and hip- My wife says im not allowed to swear in the official Journal, im glad she hasent seen the earlier books.
I doubt ill be able to continue as oversear with this injury, ill continue to the end of the year and then pass on the job.

22nd of Timber
Well this is one for the books, i got informed they are elevating the last oversear due to my injury to position of  baron i think it was. Congrats Sir DeathsSword, your now a noble.  Dont give me or the next lot hassle or you may be subject to testing levers of unknown objectives. My wifes bringing me water now so ill have to get back to this a bit later.

The rest of winter:

Well, nothing realy, i fixed up my projects, did a bit of expansion/reconstruction, finished and finalised the moat ditch, looted the dead, and sat in hospital wile my leg got immobalised. A tip for when hospitalised: if the dwarf has been put into the hospital, and in traction, if hes listed as no wounds but still in traction, just dismantle it. I haven’t updated the save, so the next guy can do that if they like. My guy is also waking about with fractured bones and a splint and an infection, so, if i die, tell my daughter i killed goblins and was proud.
Good luck who evers up next, ive set you up so you don’t realy have to worry much about anything, bar getting your dungeon designed, built and furnished. Theirs the rooms for the mayor above the front gate in the two towers, and the levers for the front gate i couldn’t realy find/know wich one, so i put notes down with N next to the gate for the right levers that i placed afterwards.

another note: i started secondary defences so we can actualy isolate ourselfs off from the outside, and expanded northward a little.
Not as smoothed over as the first starting peices, but i finished my corridor of atom smash death trap pressure plates ^^ and set up an underground waterfall -wich can be turned on and off by the lever nearest its source in an aquifyer layer.

next up is: plisskin
file is here: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=4128
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 03:49:09 pm by Karakzon »
I am Dyslexic. No its not going to change any time soon.
Bolts of Exsanguination THE terrifying glacier export, get yours today!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 04, 2011, 07:06:24 pm »

Wait, I'm a noble?

Mandates incoming!
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

plisskin

• Bay Watcher
  • That's "Plissken"
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 04, 2011, 09:42:05 pm »

I think I'm next, but unless it'll screw things up I'd like to switch places with Deviled due to having little time. I'll PM him about it and ask.
Legendary Wrestler
Legendary Ambusher

Left Eye

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 06, 2011, 04:21:12 pm »

BUMP

can we get this moving on please?

i want to know how the story continues, this was my first succesion and i want to see how it goes.

plisskin

• Bay Watcher
  • That's "Plissken"
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 06, 2011, 04:45:54 pm »

BUMP

i want to know how the story continues, this was my first succesion and i want to see how it goes.

Deviled told me via PM he could take next turn. I'll send one back informing him of the urgency.
Legendary Wrestler
Legendary Ambusher

Left Eye

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 06, 2011, 04:55:50 pm »

BUMP

Deviled told me via PM he could take next turn. I'll send one back informing him of the urgency.

apreciated.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 10, 2011, 10:13:02 am »

Been a few days now, maybe we should skip Deviled?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 11, 2011, 08:04:55 am »

Agreed

Valrandir (Vanlade) is up now then.

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 21, 2011, 04:00:37 pm »

-BUMP-

ok. role call: whos still in?

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 21, 2011, 04:29:04 pm »

Me, I guess.

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 21, 2011, 04:37:00 pm »

guess its your turn Usec.

ide rather this succession game not die xP its my first one and i want to see some fruitition god damnit!

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 21, 2011, 05:11:56 pm »

I'm pretty sure Valrandir (Vanlade) is still around. Have you tried PMing him?

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 21, 2011, 05:24:04 pm »

-shrugs-
i can try. but ill do it tomorrow. not got time atm.

Magentawolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 22, 2011, 11:06:56 am »

I'm still up and around for this; where's everyone else?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8