Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Behold the unimpressive Aspectus Lolin mod. It needs more !!SCIENCE!!  (Read 11633 times)

Eldrick Tobin

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC: MODDING_UNDWARFY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
Re: Behold the unimpressive Aspectus Lolin mod. It's UN-Dwarfy!
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2011, 05:48:15 pm »

Finally made a straight up web copy of the folder I do all the work for this mod in (for those who do not want to wait for the mini mods to get they're individual time in the sun.)

https://github.com/EldrickWT/My-Crazy-Dwarf-Fortress-Mods/tree/master/split%20out%20mods

(editted: changed greypages link to github link)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 05:26:43 pm by Eldrick Tobin »
--
Eldrick Tobin
Behold the unimpressive Aspectus Lolin mod. || My Little Arachnid Fortress attempt...
I mumble to myself on tumblr... Sometimes about DF Modding.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2011, 07:13:39 pm »

Not to be rude but I think maybe you should think about editing your last post instead of posting on top of yourself all the time. You've just posted 11 straight times in a row... With messages like:

Files Updated at DFFD. I'm calling this version .65

Also again, not meaning to be rude and I can't speak for anyone else but I find your 'stream of consciousness' manner of writing is quite confusing and hard to follow ???. When I look at the opening post I just see an explosion of information and it's hard to take it all in. Maybe try shooting for quality of information over quantity, break it up with some headings and subheadings or something.
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Eldrick Tobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2011, 10:26:04 pm »

I only bump when it is something new. I do a mess of editing normally. However I can't see who is or isn't following the thread -or I might just PM the handful of them.

I will take your feelings somewhat into consideration, but I'm really not looking to learn a new table format to make sure things are as I plan them.

As for proper separations it's a bit difficult at present due to the fact I did not reserve several posts.

Not to be rude, but anything to say about the mod collection itself? Else this could have been a PM.
--
Eldrick Tobin
Behold the unimpressive Aspectus Lolin mod. || My Little Arachnid Fortress attempt...

Eldrick Tobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Behold the unimpressive Aspectus Lolin mod. It needs more !!SCIENCE!!
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2011, 02:58:11 am »

0.82.1 is up. Huzzah. The Mini Mods bits went up earlier and thankfully save for some formatting typos do not need to be re-uploaded. Double Huzzah.

"Why a new reply? Bumping?"

Nope. I know few keep track of the thread.

Edit Edit: Decided myself on the Flame Bint issue... Traveler, Tease, Slease. Also less -I hope- cultural issues.

So... I'm currently testing "Real Spiders of Flavor":

\raw\objects\creature flavor spiders.txt
Toxic Spider, Flame Spider, Ice Spider, Flesh Spider, Copper Spider, Iron Spider, Steel Spider, Adamantine Spider, Lhigatine Spider, V Gneiss Spider, Santaclase Spider, Microcline Spider, H Prase Spider, Slade Spider, Salade Spider, Wyrd Gold Spider, Sungwood Spider, Oak Spider, Giant Toxic Spider, Giant Flame Spider, Giant Ice Spider, Giant Flesh Spider, Giant Copper Spider, Giant Iron Spider, Giant Steel Spider, Giant Adamantine Spider, Giant Lhigatine Spider, Giant V Gneiss Spider, Giant Santaclase Spider, Giant Microcline Spider, Giant H Prase Spider, Giant Slade Spider, Giant Salade Spider, Giant Wyrd Gold Spider, Giant Sungwood Spider, Giant Oak Spider

V_GNEISS is Very Nice -From S.L.A.D.E.
SANTACLASE -From S.L.A.D.E.
H_PRASE is High Prase -Inspired by S.L.A.D.E.
Slade Spider is here thanks to the help of Sphalerite 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)
Salade is here just because it's like Slade but Sillier. -From S.L.A.D.E.
base sizes are:
      [BODY_SIZE:0:0:5000]
      [BODY_SIZE:1:0:10000]
      [BODY_SIZE:2:0:20000]
CV:Giant Spider increases size by 2000%

Wish me luck in my testing. So tests complete! Yay Sphalerite! 2 Adamantine Spiders bit and pushed each other for 8 game days in the arena before one fell to the other. Huzzah! Next step -if I take it- is to add to the CV_Giant Spider to remove or adjust the smaller spider's toxin so Giants have their own immunity list and little spiders get mauled by the larger ones.

Neither size is currently casted to avoid making 'My Little Arachnid'. As that would require size tuning, syndrome tuning, and other things I'm trying to avoid. They're just supposed to be things to chase your civvies around not develop architecture and armor. :'( Why does my crazy friend think it's a good idea?

Edit: Why do my fellow modders think it's a good idea too @.@

In any event the MiniMod: MiniMod:Real Spiders of Flavor

Edit: And Now The Same for Unicorpions. And I updated the spiders.

Uploaded the Real Unicorpions of Flavor -includes Ferals.
Updated the Real Spiders of Flavor -includes Ferals.

Ferals are 'base' arachnids, black of hair chitin and eyes.

No point in a Bump.

Anyfey I think I've narrowed down the trait breaking foocubi merchants and guild representatives. As they only have 6 personality traits defined, and I've seen something with SELF_DISCIPLINE at 0:5:15 succeed in doing their job... I must oddly enough stare at [PERSONALITY:ALTRUISM:X:Y:Z]. An odd thing to set one's sights on but with so few items to aim at that might curb behaviour in favor of hanging out with locals instead of one's duty... I have no other targets. Thus I have yanked it from some entries, and curbed the Z for others all the way to 80.

If anyone's reading and thinks I'm nuts... please prove me wrong. I'm not finding much on the bug tracker...

Just editing -5 billion years later - to clarify what's going wrong with the merchants. [ADOPTS_OWNER]. They are wandering off after someone: thinking about them as an owner/trying to claim them as their owner. DFHack has shown adjustments to "relations.following" that almost constantly need to be cleared in order for trade to progress -worse for anyone needing to speak with the Expedition Leader/Mayer/Etc as any time their meeting pauses they're off to claim someone.

Adding this:
https://github.com/EldrickWT/My-Crazy-Dwarf-Fortress-Mods/blob/master/raw/objects/c_variation_pet_civ.txt
and enabling/disabling it to allow for embark purchases has been my response.

In other news... long since had things updated for 34.11 BUT! When it's been a year and I'm mostly talking to myself, why bump the thread? For this one alone "Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 11:40:32 pm"

Happy testing.

Some more additions have crept into the AL folders over on github. A Hardsuit (Bubblegum Crisis/Accel World) Inspired RACE... Yay Androids,
Fire Lizards... ancient (by now) versions of DFHack Scripts... "copious" notes.

Can't wait to update things for the next DF.

If I'm just gonna talk to myself maybe I should just blab on tumblr... I should sig that...

Most recent Raws -> https://github.com/EldrickWT/My-Crazy-Dwarf-Fortress-Mods/tree/master/raw.40.06/objects

The Split out mods will happen eventually.

I'm testing Functional Immortality. More necromancers... but oddly enough lots of 3000-5000 year olds all over the place. I do NOT wanna just say 100-30000 because violence is bad enough without people just keeling over because they'e gonna die on the 5th month of their 174th year.

New content. I mentioned the firelizards I hope. I think I covered androids. Well just about everyone and everything got it's romantic needs tweaked... as soon as I heard about that stuff. My S.L.A.D.E. stuff got updated to 40.06... I've stolen the Mixery for use with DIRECT beverage concoction. Not just the randomness of the still (or dfhacking the job to use SPECIFIC materials).

I might make a Lhigate fortress building to go with all the cheat creature vartiation I've recently cranked out.

Speaking of new creatures... Several Horned entities Based loosely on Soraka from League of Legends have cropped up. Feralhorns who have no civilization to speak of; Proudhorns who value romance and friendship and magic; and Vilehorns who Value Friendship just fine. It's beautiful tearing it apart. MWAHAHA

Also the Ibex Men tweak the Gardohn might have mentioned them. Can't recall. InternetKraken's Diverse creatures has also felt the touch of romance and the various sirens are all now properly spouse converters. Even with Hubby castes.

I'll probably remember more later. Probably when I have the sanity and energy to work on the various split out mods. Probably need to fiddle with git to make it do it for me next time. Already so much cruft all over the files since 40.01 popped up.

Talk at you later. Not that any pay attention to a 24625373635345`1425125`35345326326236.plumphelmet old thread.

Updated everything -split out mods too- to 0.40.24 even have a new pregen world here:
EldrickWT's Crazy Dwarf Fortress and Mods - 40.24

And as always cherry picking happens here.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 09:14:25 pm by Eldrick Tobin »
--
Eldrick Tobin
Pages: 1 [2]